IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

He Wants To Share Custody Of The IS!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-08, 07:18 AM
BucBaby
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default He Wants To Share Custody Of The IS!

Hey guys! Remember me? I was the one that ordered a red manual IS 250 and it took eight months to get it. I worked hard on that one, and you all helped so much to get me through it. We loved our car right away and my husband shared it. Let me repeat, I did all of the work to get the car.

Here's the deal. After 25 years of marriage, my husband had a 1 1/2 month affair. When I found out, he left me. We have 2 teenage boys too. Everyone can't believe the change in him and all of us were blindsided. I think it's some sort of depression and mid-life crisis. And no, he didn't pick the red car...the official mascot for mid-life crisis, I did.

We have been sharing the car while separated, but recently he hadn't asked for it back. I found out that he rented a home, and I guess he wanted the 2000 Sienna minivan to move. Well the other day he yelled at me and told me that I had been "playing games" with the car. The way I figured, if he didn't ask for it, he wanted me to keep it. It ended up with him yelling at me to keep the damn car. Flashback...when he first left, I told him I didn't want to be stuck with an old car, and told him he wanted the IS, he would need to buy me one too. We fought then, too. And he ended that one with keep the damn car too.

Well the next day after telling me to keep the car for the second time, he wrote to me, "The car isn't worth fighting over. Why don't you take the odd months, and I'll take the even. I didn't write back. I think that since he is the one that commited adultry and he is the one that left (I wanted to try counciling after 28 years together), and I'm a single woman and need a reliable car, that I should get it. What do you think?

As a side note, I know that I look much better in that car than his new girlfriend. LOL, really! The way she looks (and I'm not just exaggerating) he should trade in the van for a truck.

I love the IS and want it. One other note, the Sienna is paid for and we have payments on the IS.

Last edited by BucBaby; 09-21-08 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Change is to isn't worth fighting over
Old 09-21-08, 07:21 AM
BucBaby
Pole Position

I forgot to ad that I was crushed by this whole thing. He was the love of my life and I don't recognize him anymore. I recently got a backbone, and have decided not to let his state of mind to determine who I am. I'm laughing again and working on rebuilding my life. Driving the IS transforms me. Driving the soccer mom van with mold on the roof was just done to save money for the family. I think it's time to think of the kids and me now.
Old 09-21-08, 08:31 AM
Jefe's IS
Pole Position

I think you are in the midst of a divorce w/ children. F the car and get your priorities straight. You or he can always buy/lease/rent/steal a new car.

Stop worrying about who get's the car and work on completing your divorce as congenially as possible. I would assume you have many other assets like your house and retirement(401K), savings and such to worry about. Cars come and go. They get dinged, abused, and wrecked. They are not an asset but a libalilty. There's a whole lot full of them in every major city and can be replaced very easily. They are also very cheap to buy as the auto industry is in a downward spiral only to get worse. Give him the car, complete your divorce, move on, and go buy a new one to start over in. One with out his or her smell and w/o his memories.

Good luck. Look out for your children as they are the real losers in this whole deal.
Old 09-21-08, 08:46 AM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell yeah, forget that car.. You never know, your ex's girl might sat in that car already, and you dont want a part of that. My divorce was finalize this month and i'm very happy I sold everything, because everything is just a reminder that she was in their before.. haha.. So I went out and bought a 350.. Let him keep that 250, or better yet sell that damn thing and split the money and start over.. thats my opinion.. GOOD LUCK!! You know you deserve better and he's the one that should not get anything at all.. Sometime the best start is just a fresh start!!!..
Old 09-21-08, 09:29 AM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

it's amazing how CL can be a safe place to let your thoughts out and come to others for help.

in terms of what you should do, you should have him buy you the IS coupe next year!
Old 09-21-08, 09:33 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Feel better and keep strong, don't let that dude drag you with him Family first, car second
Old 09-21-08, 09:54 AM
huddleston
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mikez
Feel better and keep strong, don't let that dude drag you with him Family first, car second

+1, hope it all turns out alright.
Old 09-21-08, 10:53 AM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

You can either make time your friend or your enemy from here. Stay real and take care of your teenagers/kids. Forget the car, its not going to pay your bills and take care of your kids.
Old 09-21-08, 11:07 AM
mvlbr
Lead Lap

Just get the divorce and stop worrying about the car. When everything is finalized then just get whatever you can afford if it's another IS great if not oh well life goes on. BTW if the kids are teens I wouldn't worry too much about them because I'm almost positive they themselves already have a bunch of friends with divorced parents.
Old 09-21-08, 11:08 AM
CRB
Lead Lap

Get the divorce finalized and buy a new car with the money that you extract from the that cheating sack of she-ot.
Old 09-21-08, 11:38 AM
SH212
Dances with goats

haha two teenage boys?? child support should suck for him lol
Old 09-21-08, 11:59 AM
is350drive
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by huddleston
+1, hope it all turns out alright.
Good Luck!
Old 09-21-08, 12:19 PM
Giggity
Pole Position

I'm a little appalled that you're airing your dirty laundry on CL....
Old 09-21-08, 01:11 PM
omd316
Driver

Forget the IS , I think you should keep the car with no payments instead , depending on the condition of that vehicle of course . You can always settle down and purchase or lease a new car later when things have settled down more .

Good luck I hope everything works out well for you.
Old 09-21-08, 01:37 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts

sorry to hear all the problem that you're going through, but like everyone said forget the car just keep you priorities straight..GOOD LUCK!

Quick Reply: He Wants To Share Custody Of The IS!