IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

arrrrghhhhh!!! run over a tire at the FREEWAY!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-08, 03:55 PM
scruffydog
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dogmeat
ouch that sucks. for 100 bucks you might as well buy a new GFX lip for a little bit more.
I agree with that, the fully painted new ground effect kit from Lexus are now discontinued, so they're freaking cheap. They're under $150...so you may just wanna fix the bumper and buy a new lip.
Old 09-25-08, 05:08 PM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

ouch! i had a 2x4 fly at my car couple months back, didnt do too much damage, cracked the lower mesh grill. sorry to hear. sucks. watch out for our junky cali freeways
Old 09-25-08, 05:10 PM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by scruffydog
I agree with that, the fully painted new ground effect kit from Lexus are now discontinued, so they're freaking cheap. They're under $150...so you may just wanna fix the bumper and buy a new lip.
I read over and over that they are discontiuned, but i went to the dealership and asked the parts department, they claimed they still can order the kit painted. iunno they said it was probally an inventory clearence for the dealer. weird
Old 09-25-08, 05:10 PM
350ISRYDER
Pole Position

Default Call your DOT or find out who did that...

If its on DOT roads...I think you can make a claim that there was major debris on the freeway and state your claim...let your state gov. take care of the cost. If it was a private company and you know the trunk that dumped it or had a blow out...you can try that route too! Good luck...shiet happens, but when its fixed its all GOOD! Maybe you'll get a better lip!!!
Old 09-25-08, 05:19 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

ouch. hurts just looking at it.

good luck getting it taken care of.
Old 09-25-08, 11:17 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

I hate random crap on the freeway!
Old 09-25-08, 11:24 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

The 5 freeway is the worst!

I hope you get it fixed soon.
Old 09-25-08, 11:53 PM
albert_23
Pole Position

fab lip FTW !!
Old 09-26-08, 07:23 AM
gman1227
Pole Position

OMG that is exactly what jus happened to me yesterday, only i didnt run over a tire, i got cut off the road and ran over a curb medium, messed up the front of my 2IS jus like that, foglight poped out, my front right control arm was bent, and my rims jacked up, plus a lot more damage, i am riding the boat with u
Old 09-26-08, 10:04 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Same thing happened to me.

Check if the bumper is o.k. If not, you may have to replace the bumper and the front lip (which is what I did).
Old 09-26-08, 01:48 PM
crazybuggy
Racer

damn! i somewhat see a few tires on the highways
Old 09-26-08, 09:01 PM
Drelicious
Driver

The same exact thing happened to me. Some girl in front of my drove over a tire, flew up in the air and i ran over it. It looked exacly like yours with the fog light poped out and it ripped my GFX just like that. I just bought a new lip though i didn't bother with a bumper. I still have a little crack above the fog light.
Old 09-26-08, 09:14 PM
ProfesrLEX
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

weak dude! That kind of stuff blows. As i was coming home tonight i saw something ahead of the car in the next lane over. It appeared to be a 5 foot long metal ladder or something similar which got kicked up after he ran over it. ouch! had to hurt running over that at 75mph. The roads are out to get us...
Old 09-26-08, 09:27 PM
sr20mofo
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

had the same thing happen to me but i was on the 15 going to VEGAS during night time.... hitting a large piece of rubber at 90+miles is no joke, tried to swerve but at those speeds i thought better of it and took the hit but urs looks alot worse than mine. the 5fwy is such a garbage dump

BOL fixing it
Old 09-26-08, 10:30 PM
scruffydog
Rookie

Unhappy

Originally Posted by iialcii
I read over and over that they are discontiuned, but i went to the dealership and asked the parts department, they claimed they still can order the kit painted. iunno they said it was probally an inventory clearence for the dealer. weird
Oh no, they must not know what they're talking about, yea they can still probably order more inventory, but Lexus stopped Manufacturing them. I'm 100% sure there are plenty out of kits out there left to be sold. That's why some places will not sell them at a discount price. But check with Lexus of Westminister. I know for a fact they're selling it for under $150 each set (front/sides/rear) individually. Last time I checked, they have tons of inventory too. Good luck with that!

And thanks AsianGirl007, it's not too noticeable so color match wax does the job, but I've gotta admit I had the worst luck with this car. Several weeks later after I had the first blown tire incident, one night I was switching lanes and it was dark....and man, right when I switched lane, there was a freaking dead deer or something in the middle and I ran it over because once again the car in front of me blocked me. It totally scrapped the bottom of my Ground effects lip. =O Then a month after that incident, I got a giant rock that hit my hood and bounced off and then left a chip in my front windshield....sigh.....wth?

Well, it's been a year now....so far, i think i've experienced the worst I wanna experience....I just pray nothing more happens to my IS.

Quick Reply: arrrrghhhhh!!! run over a tire at the FREEWAY!!