IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Stolen emblems

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-08, 09:24 AM
blklexo818
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you guys think, someone is tryin to sell me the Black Pearl logos (same as mine?) for $150..kind of steep for just two emblems. If its Black pearl, it won't even match the rest of the emblems.

I already asked and someone answered but I want to be 101% sure, mine are Black Pearl or Gun Metal?

Last edited by blklexo818; 09-29-08 at 09:39 AM.
Old 09-29-08, 11:17 AM
scruffydog
Rookie

Angry

Originally Posted by blklexo818
What do you guys think, someone is tryin to sell me the Black Pearl logos (same as mine?) for $150..kind of steep for just two emblems. If its Black pearl, it won't even match the rest of the emblems.

I already asked and someone answered but I want to be 101% sure, mine are Black Pearl or Gun Metal?
If you got yours outta the Lot like that, then it is Black Pearl (Chromed in Black), Lexus don't make emblems in Gunmetal. They only make them regular Chrome, Gold Plated, or Black Chrome Plated (Also known as Black Pearl). Looking at your pictures, I'm very sure they're Black Pearl. $150 is a little expensive considering at full price you can get all 4 emblem badges for $299. Anyways, it's your call.

Btw, I had my emblems stolen off my old car as well...it was the authetic "Type R" emblem, and they truth is, I didn't even give as much of a crap havin' to pay another $100 for the badge, it was the fact they left a huge hole from prying into my freaking bumper. Let's hope they didn't do that to your black IS.

Someone was already trying to steal my rear Black Pearl Lexus Emblem, but I guess they musta ran outta time, instead they left scratch marks on my black pearl plating.... =/ sigh....I hate em kids & people who are too cheap to buy their own things....
Old 09-29-08, 11:25 AM
blklexo818
Pole Position

Originally Posted by scruffydog
If you got yours outta the Lot like that, then it is Black Pearl (Chromed in Black), Lexus don't make emblems in Gunmetal. They only make them regular Chrome, Gold Plated, or Black Chrome Plated (Also known as Black Pearl). Looking at your pictures, I'm very sure they're Black Pearl. $150 is a little expensive considering at full price you can get all 4 emblem badges for $299. Anyways, it's your call.

Btw, I had my emblems stolen off my old car as well...it was the authetic "Type R" emblem, and they truth is, I didn't even give as much of a crap havin' to pay another $100 for the badge, it was the fact they left a huge hole from prying into my freaking bumper. Let's hope they didn't do that to your black IS.

Someone was already trying to steal my rear Black Pearl Lexus Emblem, but I guess they musta ran outta time, instead they left scratch marks on my black pearl plating.... =/ sigh....I hate em kids & people who are too cheap to buy their own things....
Yeah I got the car exactly like that out the lot. I just want to make sure they're all the same color before anything else goes on. Thanks for your help
Old 09-29-08, 12:21 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

where in california do you guys live/go to school??
Old 09-29-08, 12:56 PM
blklexo818
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IS_NIICE
where in california do you guys live/go to school??
Glendale, lol.

10mins away from LA
Old 09-29-08, 02:01 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Little E
Bummer! I think the black pearl set will even look better on your car.
Ooops...haha! When you said you had gunmetal emblems, and I thought they were different from the black pearl emblems. Anyhow, the black pearl emblems look good on your car. I hope you get them replaced.
Old 09-29-08, 02:13 PM
blklexo818
Pole Position

Yeah I already bought new logos :-)
Old 09-29-08, 02:40 PM
scruffydog
Rookie

Smile

good stuff, i'm 100% sure it'll match your other emblems because it's Black Pearl. You know the thing I do notice with my Black Pearl emblems (the rear "LEXUS" one) is starting to change color....the black chrome is starting to change color (to kinda like a bronze color)....sigh....oh wells...

Anyhow, I'm from the Bay Area...I flew all the way down to Van Nuys and told the sales guy to pick me and my girl up from the airport to buy my IS. It's cool cuz they picked me up with a LS460 and man it made my car look crappy esp after sitting in it. Everything is sooooo sweet.

Now wouldn't it be nice to own both of them...muahhaaa
Old 09-29-08, 02:44 PM
jns350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by blklexo818
I wonder if they'll just sell me the grille and rear logo. I don't need the other two. Man, who the hell steals a Lexus logo? This isnt like some JDM Honda bull****, that I can understand....but LEXUS?!?!
Black pearl emblems are high desired items. I would guess this person does not have a 2IS as he/she stole only the logos and not the rest.
I would call some auto dismantlers/recyclers in your area or their is a huge Toyota/lexus/scion only in Sacramento, CA. They ship out too. here is the # (916) 631-7100 good luck.
Old 09-29-08, 03:12 PM
blklexo818
Pole Position

Thanks for all the help everyone. I made some big plans with the car. I'll be buying the GFX front lip on oct 22nd, along w/ the rear one. Stock rims will be powdercoated black tomorrow, or the day after sexeh
Old 09-29-08, 03:46 PM
Mr.JPG
Pole Position

hopefully the thief won't revisit you again
Old 09-29-08, 04:32 PM
blklexo818
Pole Position

Yeah, somehow I'm going to manage to throw my 185lb german shep in the car when I park, I'd loveeeeeee to see them try then
Old 09-29-08, 06:27 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Sorry to hear about your emblems. $400 for emblems is highway robbery! Its terrible when someone steals your emblems, but the damage they leave behind is even worse!

I've had H emblems, Type R's and even Toyota emblems stolen from me in the past. It just happens, I guess. Karma is a Bit@h!

The german shep idea is pretty good. Haha. Good luck on getting replacements
Old 09-29-08, 06:33 PM
scruffydog
Rookie

Smile

Originally Posted by Initial G
Sorry to hear about your emblems. $400 for emblems is highway robbery! Its terrible when someone steals your emblems, but the damage they leave behind is even worse!

I've had H emblems, Type R's and even Toyota emblems stolen from me in the past. It just happens, I guess. Karma is a Bit@h!

The german shep idea is pretty good. Haha. Good luck on getting replacements
I totally feel you on that, the damage they leave can be so much worst. That happened to my Type R and Honda Emblems. Anyways, I hope nobody messes with my Black Pearl Emblems either. Otherwise, I'm gonna hook my emblems up with a ultra high current and shock the crap outta whoever tries to steal my stuff.....lolz (That'll teach them a lesson).

Watch they get so pissed after they get shocked, they'll prolly beat my car.
Old 09-29-08, 06:38 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by scruffydog
I totally feel you on that, the damage they leave can be so much worst. That happened to my Type R and Honda Emblems. Anyways, I hope nobody messes with my Black Pearl Emblems either. Otherwise, I'm gonna hook my emblems up with a ultra high current and shock the crap outta whoever tries to steal my stuff.....lolz (That'll teach them a lesson).

Watch they get so pissed after they get shocked, they'll prolly beat my car.
Haha. thats funny! I think they will be scared ****less after the initial shock.

Quick Reply: Stolen emblems