IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Stolen emblems

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-08, 11:20 PM
blklexo818
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah lol I want to somehow put it on so that it doesn't even budge, like...obviously the factory tape isn't good enough, maybe some hardcore bonding compound, anyone have any ideas?
Old 09-30-08, 12:31 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Typical SoCal crap. I had this happen at CSUN years ago. At least Keyes ought to cut you a break for advertising for them and since your car looks so incredibly awesome.
Old 09-30-08, 05:07 AM
blklexo818
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Typical SoCal crap. I had this happen at CSUN years ago. At least Keyes ought to cut you a break for advertising for them and since your car looks so incredibly awesome.
Haha thanks man. But I doubt they'll do it, I'm cool w/ the service guy and he told he he'll try to buy them w/ his discount but thats like 10% or something, not even worth it. I bought them for $150 yst.,
Old 09-30-08, 09:27 PM
scruffydog
Rookie

Smile

Originally Posted by blklexo818
Yeah lol I want to somehow put it on so that it doesn't even budge, like...obviously the factory tape isn't good enough, maybe some hardcore bonding compound, anyone have any ideas?
well 3M/Scotch came out with this tape you maybe able to get at both Kragen or Home Depot (or whatever hardware store) that supposely can hold up to 15lbs. They're meant for people who wants to install shelves but don't wanna drill into walls....I find them to be really good adheasive....and they don't leave any residue. I taped my F-sport emblems with them, and man i struggled to get them off my car, so if you did use them, i'm sure anyone who tries to steal your emblems for 15 seconds or more, they'll prolly just give up. Nobody would want to spend that much time to steal your emblems, especially if they're a Lexus owner...even though people are cheap, they wouldn't risk spending too much time to get caught. The good part about these tape is it only cost $7.99 or so per roll (you may have to cut the shapes in place as it's width is only 1/2") but it's your best bet. The tape btw is grey color, the packaging and the peel off part is red color, and it says it's meant for both exterior/interior, and it's water resistance. Trust me you won't miss it, people use these for body kits (i used it for my old civic and by itself can hold up the whole side skirt/rear bumper without screws)

Also, I high recommend you don't do any chemical bonding on your emblems, cuz seriously, people are stupid, if they're determined to steal, they'll f-up your car trying even though they might fail to get what they want....and what then? At one point i was gonna make a black chrome F-sport emblem and drill through my car's trunk to have it bolt on - now for sure nobody can steal it without opening my truck right? but WHAT IF...that dumb az decides to pry it and ends up screw up your paint or leaving a hole? you may have prevented them from stealing, but do you think it's worth that $150?

Sorry to ramble on, nice things attract good and bad attention...just be careful where you park (Don't go to ghetto places....that's all i can tell ya)
I feel your pain my friend...

Last edited by scruffydog; 09-30-08 at 09:31 PM.