IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Is it true?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-08, 01:25 PM
blklexo818
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys need to understand this, warranty will cover everything on your car. It doesn't matter which dealer installed it or which dealer you got the car from. If their giving you lip about having it installed somewhere else than your best bet is to take it up with the service manager, guys believe me...services gets $$ out of warranty work, it just depends on the manager and the adviser. My friend that works at Acura would do my OIL CHANGES under warranty when I had my RSX-S. I had a highly modded car, my RSX-S' trans went out a few times, replaced under warranty with all my mods on the car. And to get rid of the sound, they'll take the spring off, spray grease on it and put it back on.
Old 10-04-08, 02:17 PM
aznboi27
Pole Position

I just gave up on it because 2 different people (dealership/corporate) said the same thing even though I didn't mention anything about the solution. So I'm guessing it's true.

Sigh Sigh.... I wish that there was someone that worked for the dealership on this forum so we can ask him/her.
Old 10-04-08, 03:13 PM
JohnnyIS25
Lexus Test Driver

aznboi27 where in texas do you live in?? Because i had no problem having my car looked at the dealer in dallas with my f-sport springs and shocks, but as the solution to the clunk, my dealer does not have a solution to it =(
Old 10-04-08, 03:28 PM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

same story with me and my Road Magnet springs. Get a clunk in the rear passenger side..
Old 10-04-08, 04:33 PM
slwone
Driver School Candidate

where did you take it to ge the parts installed?cause I'm thinking about installing some f-sports on my car
Old 10-04-08, 06:00 PM
IS250_6Spd
Lead Lap

the infamous clunk noise of teh f-sport springs. I read awhile back that if you use the emergency brakes overnight it might clear it up. it was on one of the threads here. search for it...
Old 10-04-08, 06:27 PM
mvlbr
Lead Lap

The reason your local dealer does not want to do it for free is because they didn't charge you for the install so they made no money from you. And corporate tells you to take it to the original dealer because they feel that they should fix it themselves since if anything was installed incorrectly they should be the ones to fix it free of charge without corporate paying a dime.
Old 10-04-08, 07:46 PM
aznboi27
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JohnnyIS25
aznboi27 where in texas do you live in?? Because i had no problem having my car looked at the dealer in dallas with my f-sport springs and shocks, but as the solution to the clunk, my dealer does not have a solution to it =(
I live in ATX / SA area. Just been cruzin around moding up the ride. I think the only reason the Austin dealership gave me hard time was because they didn't do the initial install. =(

Originally Posted by slwone
where did you take it to ge the parts installed?cause I'm thinking about installing some f-sports on my car
I got mine installed at the dealership just for the warranty, but now I know that it's all bull****. lol, should of just took it to a friend and did it for 100 bucks.

Originally Posted by IS250_6Spd
the infamous clunk noise of teh f-sport springs. I read awhile back that if you use the emergency brakes overnight it might clear it up. it was on one of the threads here. search for it...
I remember that forum, i think by Joe Z. I've been trying that for a week now and nothing changed. I even got the emergency brake cable tightened up, but I think the only solution that was found was to get some silencers.
Old 10-04-08, 09:23 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Get some Spring sleeves and that should stop the clunks
Old 10-04-08, 10:48 PM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by aznboi27
I just gave up on it because 2 different people (dealership/corporate) said the same thing even though I didn't mention anything about the solution. So I'm guessing it's true.

Sigh Sigh.... I wish that there was someone that worked for the dealership on this forum so we can ask him/her.
Here are my 2 cents.

Both the dealership and corporate are wrong. With regards to the clunk noise check the f-sport warranty info. It clearly states that noise is not covered under warranty.

That said, get the spring silencers and be done with it.
Old 10-04-08, 10:49 PM
jns350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mvlbr
The reason your local dealer does not want to do it for free is because they didn't charge you for the install so they made no money from you. And corporate tells you to take it to the original dealer because they feel that they should fix it themselves since if anything was installed incorrectly they should be the ones to fix it free of charge without corporate paying a dime.
You are very correct...I own and operate a franchise and I would have said the same thing to you (sorry not personal). If I didn't charge you the first time for the original repair I would not have felt obligated to redo the work. I would under warranty help customers in a emergency situation, where they may not be able to get to their original repair facility, help out. But within our franchise agreement we may rebill the original repair location but at only the fraction of the labor rate we charge our customers. Its a ***** way of putting it, but to understand the reason the service advisor was obligated to turn you down.
As much we all like to believe that customers come first...service providers will sometimes have to sacrifice certian situations under policy. I only say this because Lexus is franchise own and corporate has limited influence in these situations.
Good luck to you!
Old 10-05-08, 12:05 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Kinda kills the benefit of paying out the a** for letting the dealer install your F-sport parts unless you only plan to ever take it to that dealer.