IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Is it true?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-08 | 08:53 AM
aznboi27
Pole Position

Default Is it true?

I just took my car to the dealership for them to fix the "clunk" noise in the back with my new f-sport springs, but they said that they cannot work on it even though a different dealership installed them. They told me that I have to take it back to that same dealer who installed it. I thought the whole "warranty" part was if a lexus dealership installed it, it will be covered under warranty and will be fixed at all lexus dealerships? Who's right?
Old 10-04-08 | 08:59 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

They just told you the biggest load of B.S.

Tell them you want to speak to the supervisor of the service department and the manager of the dealer, explain to them again your situation. Ask them if they want to explain to Lexus corporate how the Lexus warranty works.

That's like them telling you because the other dealer did an oil change, this dealer will no longer honor your waranty? WTF
Old 10-04-08 | 09:37 AM
aznboi27
Pole Position

no luck dude. I just talked to a guy at corporate office and they told me that the dealership that installed it is responsible for the warranty on the aftermarket parts. So i guess it is true. Just good FYI for those about to get their F-sport installed by the dealership. It's only warrantied by the ones that did it.
Old 10-04-08 | 09:51 AM
Fly_GQ_4u
Rookie

Yes, I would speak to the service manager/corporate and discuss the situation. This dealer just didn't want to deal with another dealer's problem; since they're not going to get paid for it.

Furthermore, why didn't you take it back to the original dealer? Is it far from you? You paid a lot of money to get them installed and they should fix it.

Last edited by Fly_GQ_4u; 10-04-08 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10-04-08 | 09:52 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

True but...

Its not technically an "aftermarket part", F sport package is a genuine Lexus Accessory

http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/features/pricing.html

It is listed on their website as Lexus optional equipment and accesorries, ask them since when did Lexus dealer does not cover their own companies' part and work?

When you spoke to the corporate dude, you probably referred to it as an aftermarket component and the mindless nut just told you what he memorized from the company operations manual despite F sport being a Lexus part.

The F sport spring is the same thing as OEM IS springs, they are labeled by Lexus, therefore they are up to the same quality standard as Lexus holds to the people who made parts for OEM Lexus. I cant believe this BS they are telling you man, I would of given them hell cuz everything they tell you is so damn hypocritical.

Its like telling you the SAT NAV or Premium sound system is not part of the standard IS so they wont cover it for warranty work, what a load of BS, if you can order the car from the factory delivered to your door brand new with the stuff on it, it is factory OEM and it is covered by the damn warranty lol

PS:

May I add the usual dealer policy is if they choose to install an aftermarket part for you aka springs or intake w.e they can choose to warranty their own work.

However F sport can be compared to the AMG or M sport packages for BMW and Benz, they are not aftermarket support parts for tuning, they are direct "performance" parts from the factory. Even if you got them installed later.

Last edited by mikez; 10-04-08 at 10:04 AM.
Old 10-04-08 | 10:08 AM
DoHwan
Lead Lap

wtf you paid all that money and the dealership won't fix it for you? I'd complain like crazy. also its' a freakin OEM part technically 'cause freakin stupid @$$ lexus made it and put a freakin over priced sticker on it and people buy it. You should hecka go back there and tear them a new one.
Old 10-04-08 | 10:18 AM
huddleston
Racer

yell loudly and cause a scene. you may even get something free out of it.
Old 10-04-08 | 10:21 AM
aznboi27
Pole Position

Ok, this is what's happening. The original dealership that installed my f-sport parts is about 2 hours away (Cheaper deal on the install), but there is another dealership that is about 5 minutes from my house. I started to hear the clunk noise on the rear passenger side and I took it to the dealership that is 5 minutes away for them to take a look at it.

They told me that they can service the vehicle but they will charge me 2 hours of labor. I told them that those parts were installed by lexus dealership at a different location and the parts are under warranty. They said that they understand that, but the dealership which installed those parts are responsible for their work, so they are more than willing to work on it as long as I pay. I told them that this was bull**** and called corporate office to verify.

I asked the guy at corporate if the F-sport parts were installed by one dealership and I wanted to service them at another can this be done? And he told me that I would have to take it back to the original dealership who installed my parts to get them serviced BECAUSE "The parts did not originally come with the car, it was put on afterwards by the dealer" so basically that means that, that dealer has to take care of it.

After a few hours of arguing, I"m just going to take it back to the original dealership which installed it. I'm tired of the Lexus b.s.
Old 10-04-08 | 10:43 AM
is350drive
Lead Lap

one quick question! At the dealer, what do they do to eliminate the clunk noise? because i know you can put on the rubber things yourself, but what does the dealership actually do to fix this??
Old 10-04-08 | 11:02 AM
aznboi27
Pole Position

That's a pretty good question. They said that they diag the problem, but they didn't know what was causing it. All they knew was that it came from the springs. AFter I take it down to the other dealership, I'll put up another post on it.
Old 10-04-08 | 11:03 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

what a lazy *** dealer. they just didn't wanna give you warranty work witch costs them money and not you.

tell them that they are the dumbest service dept ever and that they lost a customer.
Old 10-04-08 | 11:13 AM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Man, I would think the oem parts would be covered at all dealerships.. wth.. that is alot of BS. I'm never buying parts from the stealerships.. Only using local shops for now on.. GOOD LUCK and hope they fix your problem!
Old 10-04-08 | 11:16 AM
DoHwan
Lead Lap

I still think you shouldn't give in to that load of crap.
Old 10-04-08 | 12:25 PM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

sorry for going a lil off topic but i have a question about the warranty
let say i buy the springs and i don't get lexus to install them ... now would that void all the warrenty? what if it is the springs that is defect ... not the way it was installed .. does lexus still cover it ? and since they claim that the springs works with the stock shocks ...and the shocks wear off... would they still replace the shock even if the installation wasn't done by them ?

thanks !!!
Old 10-04-08 | 01:06 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

call corporate

Quick Reply: Is it true?