IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Clear bra woes at Lexus of Glendale. Need advice.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-08, 08:47 AM
whoisrhp
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear bra woes at Lexus of Glendale. Need advice.

Hey guys can you give me some advice I recently got my clear bra done at Lexus of Glendale, big mistake, I got it redone 3 times within 1 month. The Last time I got it redone I talked with there assistant manager, and he said he would get it done right this time. I really don't know how professional / really good clear bra installers install there clear bras but they keep messing up on the door edge guards, I think. When I opened the doors on the inside of the door edge guards I see white specs of like debris and paint or something on one door and on the other door I see like dust and fur. The rest of the car looks nicely done, its clear. Can anyone link me or post me any pics of some door edge guards with clear bras done more so of the inner door, when you open the door? I really don't want to accept this job as well done for the 700 I paid. I told lexus I wanted my money back to get it redone somewhere else the second time and they told me to give them one more chance, do you think its valid I demand a refund?

Also they kept my cars for 8 days this time. I had to call them and ask them if my car was ready they never called me or left a voicemail that my car was ready. I don't know if it was ready before then.

Last edited by whoisrhp; 10-09-08 at 10:18 AM. Reason: redoing title
Old 10-09-08, 09:09 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whoisrhp -

If you've already gone there several times, I say it's time for a refund. If they won't do it - I guess you'll have to succumb to letting them try again.

If you do end up going elsewhere, try out aerotect.net for 2 reasons.

1) They're in socal
2) They're a vendor here as well.

Your gripe is not unusual. In fact, it's the reason why clearbrafilms.com exists. So car owners can find a reputable clear bra shop and deal with them directly instead of having the dealership outsource the work and keep your car for 8 days.

If they kept your car for 8 days, it really sounds like they're outsourcing your work to a clear bra guy who does mobile service and stops by once a week to offer his services at wholesale prices on several cars at a time.

When these guys work for wholesale prices, they're working really quickly on maybe a half dozen cars so there may be a drop in quality and quite honestly, the desire to do quality work may drop as well since he's getting paid peanuts for the job. Dealing with the guy directly will give him more incentive to get the job done right (because now he's working for that whole $700 you spent) and because he will have time to do the job instead of rushing to do 5-6 cars in a day.

Good luck!

btw - I noticed you created multiple posts for this one issue. Try not to create double threads so we can keep the forum clean.

Clifford
Old 10-09-08, 09:20 AM
whoisrhp
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cliffud
Whoisrhp -

If you've already gone there several times, I say it's time for a refund. If they won't do it - I guess you'll have to succumb to letting them try again.

If you do end up going elsewhere, try out aerotect.net for 2 reasons.

1) They're in socal
2) They're a vendor here as well.

Your gripe is not unusual. In fact, it's the reason why clearbrafilms.com exists. So car owners can find a reputable clear bra shop and deal with them directly instead of having the dealership outsource the work and keep your car for 8 days.

If they kept your car for 8 days, it really sounds like they're outsourcing your work to a clear bra guy who does mobile service and stops by once a week to offer his services at wholesale prices on several cars at a time.

When these guys work for wholesale prices, they're working really quickly on maybe a half dozen cars so there may be a drop in quality and quite honestly, the desire to do quality work may drop as well since he's getting paid peanuts for the job. Dealing with the guy directly will give him more incentive to get the job done right (because now he's working for that whole $700 you spent) and because he will have time to do the job instead of rushing to do 5-6 cars in a day.

Good luck!

btw - I noticed you created multiple posts for this one issue. Try not to create double threads so we can keep the forum clean.

Clifford
Thanks bro. Sorry about that I just wanted a reply asap, so I can call them up today. I have such bad luck the assistant manager was not there nor the person who serviced my car this morning. When i picked up my car today I was in a rush to get back to work, I didn't have time to get the head service rep to look at my car but I did point it at to some employee at the dealership before I left.

Last edited by whoisrhp; 10-09-08 at 09:25 AM. Reason: rewording