IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

my is350 was just stolen!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-08, 09:25 PM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

should of gotten Lojack... they email you and call you if you have the early warning system if the car starts without having the small device sending a signal to the receiver... (edits: oh I didn't see you are from Canada)
Old 10-17-08, 09:27 PM
jns350
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
nice screen name......
same here...I never thought of that when I first pick my boring screen name..too bad the reason behind it makes it uncool...sorry about your loss..I can feel the hurt and frustration behind your posts...I am dumbfounded how easy they got your car..I thought technology was at least one step further to make it somewhat harder to steal..but then again..If someone wants it bad enough..unfortunately so are they. I only hope karma gets back to the perpetrators.
Old 10-17-08, 09:30 PM
gonein60s
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by darkdream
should of gotten Lojack... they email you and call you if you have the early warning system if the car starts without having the small device sending a signal to the receiver... (edits: oh I didn't see you are from Canada)
You never think it's going to happen to you. There are alot of things i'm going to do next time. i know the next guy who tries to steal my car won't get very far. He'll have a nice surprise waiting for him
Old 10-17-08, 09:32 PM
aznboi27
Pole Position

hey guys... if it was an inside job and they had the key, then what the heck is the shavings suppose to be? They obviously didn't have the key or they would of just opened the door and drove off.
Old 10-17-08, 09:33 PM
dappy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry about to hear your loss. I hope they get caught soon, because I also live in the outskirts of Toronto. I park my IS on my driveway during the weekends.
gonein60s
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jns350
same here...I never thought of that when I first pick my boring screen name..too bad the reason behind it makes it uncool...sorry about your loss..I can feel the hurt and frustration behind your posts...I am dumbfounded how easy they got your car..I thought technology was at least one step further to make it somewhat harder to steal..but then again..If someone wants it bad enough..unfortunately so are they. I only hope karma gets back to the perpetrators.
much appreciated. One of my front tires was pretty bald. It was almost a racing slick. I think the steel was starting to pop out. I was gonna replace the tires next week. Hopefully he has a blowout and flies through the windshield and lands in front of a transport truck
aznboi27
Pole Position

btw... sorry guy about your 2IS. I hope they get em.
Old 10-17-08, 09:34 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by aznboi27
hey guys... if it was an inside job and they had the key, then what the heck is the shavings suppose to be? They obviously didn't have the key or they would of just opened the door and drove off.
agreed!

Sounds like it is towed.
Old 10-17-08, 09:37 PM
gonein60s
Driver School Candidate

cops think it might have just been done to make it look like it was broken into. I don't know I'm just relaying what the cops said.

Does anyone have any factual info on how a lexus can be stolen without keys? My battery died in the keyfob once and I couldn't even start the car. How did they manage to start the car without a key?
Old 10-17-08, 09:39 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gonein60s
cops think it might have just been done to make it look like it was broken into. I don't know I'm just relaying what the cops said.

Does anyone have any factual info on how a lexus can be stolen without keys? My battery died in the keyfob once and I couldn't even start the car. How did they manage to start the car without a key?
Any Lexus can be towed...
Old 10-17-08, 09:40 PM
gonein60s
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dappy
Sorry about to hear your loss. I hope they get caught soon, because I also live in the outskirts of Toronto. I park my IS on my driveway during the weekends.
be VERY CAREFUL. I called my lexus dealership to talk to the service guy to ask him about how they could have started the car and he told me they just got another is350 in the shop that is a stolen recovery and they had bypassed the alarm and the immobilzer and ripped off the dash. it could be coincidence or maybe these cars are being targeted.
Old 10-17-08, 09:41 PM
gonein60s
Driver School Candidate

btw... sorry guy about your 2IS. I hope they get em.
thanks
Old 10-17-08, 09:43 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gonein60s
thanks
If i remember correctly, the transponder ECU sits in the trunk near the oem AMP.
Old 10-17-08, 09:47 PM
gonein60s
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by istundra
If i remember correctly, the transponder ECU sits in the trunk near the oem AMP.
could you expand on that? I don't really know much about the technicalities of the car. I wish I would have known about this site before. I just joined it now to try to get some answers.
Old 10-17-08, 09:52 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

something doesnt add up here

what year is your IS

Quick Reply: my is350 was just stolen!