IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

my is350 was just stolen!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-08, 10:45 PM
gonein60s
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by armyastro
my sc has the same key setup and i installed a keyless entry and remote start and it runs and drives without the smart key. you can hotwire the car the same way as everyother car. you just have a harder time getting to the wires in the dash.
i never tried to drive it without the key in the car. But I know that there is no way the car could be started without the key being inside the vehicle.

Anyways, thank you all. It's been a long day. I'm going to bed. I'll log back in tomorrow morning and maybe someone will have something by then.

Good night all!
Old 10-17-08, 10:47 PM
2k2 R1
Lead Lap

I dunno why anyone would wanna steal a 2IS and you're the first case that I heard of on CL. sound really fishy to me...could be inside job, which I doubt or insurance fraud.
Old 10-17-08, 10:48 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by armyastro
my sc has the same key setup and i installed a keyless entry and remote start and it runs and drives without the smart key. you can hotwire the car the same way as everyother car. you just have a harder time getting to the wires in the dash.
SC's have smartkeys???
Old 10-17-08, 10:48 PM
aznboi27
Pole Position

maybe you just got really drunk yesterday and left it downtown. and you think it stolen!
Old 10-17-08, 10:58 PM
dotkong
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pbm317
SC's have smartkeys???
no they dont..loll good pointing that out i didnt even notice lol
Old 10-17-08, 11:30 PM
crazybuggy
Racer

damn that sucks! sorry to hear this! =\
Old 10-17-08, 11:58 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wat the crap. lexus should have, like mercedes benz, when they try to tow the car it locks the wheels. so you would have to pick up the whole car to take it away.
Old 10-18-08, 12:04 AM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

You are allowed two FOBs per vin to my understanding. This is fishy though it is virtually impossible to steal it without a key. Keep us posted I am honestly stunned.
Old 10-18-08, 12:07 AM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by olddog
i could be totally off point but cannot help but to imagine how crazy it would be if the original poster really had no IS but was intending on stealing one and where else but CL do u join to get info on ways of hacking into/stealing a Lexus. This thread more or less will highlight ways or how an IS could be stolen with or without a key.
Not blaming/instigating or insinuating anything but this notion just kept jumping into my head as i was following the OP's choice /inquisitiveness of questions/inquiries in this thread.
anyways, sorry about your loss.. Hope it works out fine...
got my own problems today too...crashed my GS....

olddog
I'm sorry I am a bit skeptical. I would encourage mods to take a closer look at this thread because in the past three years I have been here I have yet to see something like this.
Old 10-18-08, 12:30 AM
Dogmeat
Driver

my buddy's 2007 GS got stolen a few months ago. In front of his house. towed. they found it in south LA stripped to the bone a few days later.
Old 10-18-08, 12:48 AM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If they get into the car they can stick a flat head into that shift lock to unlock the gears and then tow it. If not they would need to tow the entire car.
Old 10-18-08, 01:52 AM
hihi410
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MoLexus
I'm sorry I am a bit skeptical. I would encourage mods to take a closer look at this thread because in the past three years I have been here I have yet to see something like this.
Actually, his situation has happened in asia. I've read a post from TW IS forum site. Smart key cars are being targeted, although people believe that its not possible to steal it, it has been done.

The metal shaving is where they drilled the key hold to manually open the door. However how it was taken away was never confirmed. Same as what RTIS250 described.
Old 10-18-08, 02:07 AM
Reyngel
Lead Lap

I, too, started getting suspicious of this thread after reading through just the first page.

The facts:

-He has no history on this site, other than this thread

-There isn't a single case anyone's ever heard of where a 2IS was stolen

-His username is the name of a movie about hacking and stealing cars

I'm sorry, I'm going to go ahead and call this guy out. Unless he posts some pics of his username written on a piece of paper sitting next to his key fobs, this guy's only fishing for answers on how to steal his neighbor's car.

So there you go, bro. Post a pic of your username next to both of your key fobs, and I'll take back everything I said and offer you a sincere apology. And don't even think about pulling the old "I don't have a digital camera" crap.
Old 10-18-08, 04:40 AM
EJC
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Reyngel

I, too, started getting suspicious of this thread after reading through just the first page.

The facts:

-He has no history on this site, other than this thread

-There isn't a single case anyone's ever heard of where a 2IS was stolen

-His username is the name of a movie about hacking and stealing cars

I'm sorry, I'm going to go ahead and call this guy out. Unless he posts some pics of his username written on a piece of paper sitting next to his key fobs, this guy's only fishing for answers on how to steal his neighbor's car.

So there you go, bro. Post a pic of your username next to both of your key fobs, and I'll take back everything I said and offer you a sincere apology. And don't even think about pulling the old "I don't have a digital camera" crap.

You may be right.
The shavings make no sense but,....
I do believe the key transmission can be intercepted by someone with a laptop and used to take the car. Unles they've increased the the security coding of the fobs, I believe the coding was only 28bit
Old 10-18-08, 05:10 AM
Jefe's IS
Pole Position

Flat bed tow truck. Pull tow truck behind car. Tilt flat bed. Hook car to winch. Drag car onto flat bed. Lower flat bed. Leave.

I've seen it many times. I have a retail business on the DU campus. Parking, like most universities, is limited. Many people park in our lot. We have them towed continuously. They back the flat bed up. Use the grappling hooks to pull/drag the car onto the flat bed. They can do this in under five minutes in a tight parking lot. I'm sure it can be done in a driveway in less.

The metal shavings is confusing. I would think that if you drilled out the locks the alarm would still go off when you actually unlocked the door. Try it. Go out and lock your car w/ the windows down or with your self in the car using the fob. If you attempt to manually unlock the door the locks relock and the alarm goes off. You would have to disarm the alarm before you could unlock any of the doors w/o the alarm sounding.

Quick Reply: my is350 was just stolen!