IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Got problem with recycle air mode...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-08, 07:24 PM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Got problem with recircle air mode...

I accidently did not read the manual before clean out the filter in the gloves box..... Right now if i switch it to the Recircle Mode..I stilll feel some air going out from the vent....
I checked the manual book and redo it twice(Turn it to recycle mode wit ACC On and then turn switch off then take the filter out).. but i still feel some air goes to the vent after all..Do i have to RESET anything??? Anyone know what i'm talking about....sorry if i confuse your guys!

Last edited by EthanV; 10-29-08 at 08:05 AM.
Old 10-28-08, 10:47 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,962 Likes on 2,400 Posts

Does the door on the fan housing open and close when you switch between recirc and fresh? If it doesn't the door's broken and you'll need to fix it.
Old 10-30-08, 09:43 AM
supurduper
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

weird....i ended up doing the same thing yesterday. yes i did end up breaking the door on the fan housing. right now i actually removed the glove box myself hoping to see if i could fix it myself without having to pay at lexus. only problem is now i can't figure out what makes the door open and close. PLEASE HELP!!!! anybody have any ideas?

FYI: I found how to remove glove box here: http://lobparts.com/install/08is/08isipodinstall.pdf

Last edited by supurduper; 10-30-08 at 09:48 AM.
Old 10-30-08, 10:20 AM
supurduper
Driver School Candidate

UPDATE: I Found the problem with my issue and will take pictures to post up when I fix it.

There is a plastic piece that broke that connects the opening/closing of the door with the motor. Once I get that glued or put back together it should work.
Old 10-30-08, 01:28 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by supurduper
UPDATE: I Found the problem with my issue and will take pictures to post up when I fix it.

There is a plastic piece that broke that connects the opening/closing of the door with the motor. Once I get that glued or put back together it should work.
Superglue won't work. Trust me I tried. It's the type of plastic that won't take superglue, even if it sticks it will fall apart after a few tries of opening and closing. this will cost you at least a grand to fix at dealer. In order to take that blower motor assembly, you have to take off the whole front dash including steering wheel. The blower assembly cost at least $600.
Old 10-30-08, 03:44 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

where is the switch?
Old 10-30-08, 03:49 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

There's no switch. just make sure to put AC in recirculate mode. people didn't do that and they tried to force open the filter bay door. The door is only path from outside air. if it breaks you will have fresh air all the time.
Old 10-30-08, 06:29 PM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

how about jb weld or epoxy?
Old 10-30-08, 07:07 PM
EthanV
Lead Lap

This guy i know he has a body shop..he fixed a IS350 last year for sale. he still have another trunk body of the IS350.. I went over to him today he said if i leave the car for him to see if he can find out what wrong then he gonna fix it. should I just do that....I hate to have somebody open the whole dash out. but i got to do what i got to do......Other then that im gonna drive my car to the closest lexus dealer is 2 hrs drive. Man I can't even sleep last night this thing getting me so upset even tho i just installed the IS F spoiler and the red out....I thought im gonna be happy but guess not.Hope i can get this thing over without having too many problems. OH I have a question
WILL THE PART FOR THE IS350 FIX IN MY 250 ?

Last edited by EthanV; 10-30-08 at 07:30 PM.
Old 10-30-08, 07:12 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

^^^Post some pics of your car with the F-spoiler installed Ethan.
Old 10-30-08, 07:14 PM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

no point in taking it to the dealer...its gonna cost you like $2k to fix. Might as well wait for someone to post the pictures on how to fix it yourself.

The dealerships gonna try to replace everything and take it all apart too.
Old 10-30-08, 07:32 PM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Do the Illuminate door sill easy to be install where can i get brighter bulb for my fog lights?

Last edited by EthanV; 10-30-08 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10-30-08, 07:36 PM
EthanV
Lead Lap

I dont know how to post picture yet? anyone show me how to do it. Also under ur user name how do I list what i have in my car?....Uhm Im not happy now so I will post some pixs when I get my Recirclate air thing fix up...
Old 10-30-08, 08:11 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,962 Likes on 2,400 Posts

Originally Posted by sinister2c
JB worked for me, but I used a screw AND JB. It was not easy to do and I wouldn't recommend an inexperienced person try to fix it.

I've heard of dealerships breaking these as well. Lexus should have made this door with a breakover function instead of a break apart function. At least if they'd installed the bellcrank with a spring and detent mechanism you could open the door without breaking a part that is not available separate from the entire blower assembly (Blower assy 06-08 MSRP $662.57!?!?! OUCH). Not to mention the dash has to come out to replace this unit. LOTS of labor hours.
Old 10-31-08, 08:32 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sinister2c
Give it a try but that area is so cramp i can barely fit my hands. I do not have small hands. it was very frustrating attempt but ended up leaving it alone. if you still have the warranty, you can try at luck under warranty repair.

Quick Reply: Got problem with recycle air mode...