IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

so what happened to remote start??

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-08, 08:03 AM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Feirax
For my setup I still carry the original fob (which I could replace with the credit card key if it was an issue, but I don't mind it).

Yes, If you don't remote start, you can use your original fob, or remote start to unlock the doors.

If you want to start the car from inside using the start button, then you need original fob.
how would u start the car with the credit card key? theres no buttons on it.
Old 11-09-08, 01:07 AM
NYDesi80
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iKenn
how would u start the car with the credit card key? theres no buttons on it.
I believe the credit card key is just so that the system registers the presence of the fob in the vicinity so that you can push button start your car from the inside and also open the doors as you approach the vehicle. For some reason I thought there were buttons on the side, but I might be wrong.
Old 11-11-08, 07:22 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

**UPDATE**

Got this done today on the GS, same process as the IS...

I am amazed with how this works. There is NO additional key that is required! Read back a few posts on what is needed for this.

So for my car this is what was required:
Remote Start
Door Module
2 Way Remote (optional)
Fortes (this is so you dont need the extra key fob)

So the car goes through a process that takes ~ 20 seconds. The car starts in an ACC mode (IMO) then you see the Brake Lights engage (WOW!!!) then in a few more seconds the car starts up!! WOOHOO! Then you see the brake lights go off.

Its set for 20 min to then turn the car off. I have 2 remotes now (this is the part I could do away with) but I did get a nice and small 2 way remote so its not so bad. I can unlock/lock the door by touching it with the OEM Fob or I can use the Remote Key Fob.

The car does not turn off by opening the door. It will kill if someone breaks in the car and hits the break peddle. That kills the power that goes to the Key Fob Box. Like a car with the old fashion Key...once you are in the car and have the Key Fob with you...Just go as you would and you dont need to turn the car off!

You can turn the car off with the remote if need be...

I will try to take some footage of this in action in the next week and post a You Tube of this so you can see.

Locals you need to check this out in person!!!!

If I can get anymore info let me know

Mike
Old 11-11-08, 07:32 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Originally Posted by passnu2
**UPDATE**

I am amazed with how this works. There is NO additional key that is required! Read back a few posts on what is needed for this.

Remote Start
Door Module
2 Way Remote (optional)

So the car goes through a process that takes ~ 20 seconds. The car starts in an ACC mode (IMO) then you see the Brake Lights engage (WOW!!!) then in a few more seconds the car starts up!! WOOHOO! Then you see the brake lights go off.

Its set for 20 min to then turn the car off. I have 2 remotes now (this is the part I could do away with) but I did get a nice and small 2 way remote so its not so bad. I can unlock/lock the door by touching it with the OEM Fob or I can use the Remote Key Fob.

The car does not turn off by opening the door. It will kill if someone breaks in the car and hits the break peddle. That kills the power that goes to the Key Fob Box. Like a car with the old fashion Key...once you are in the car and have the Key Fob with you...Just go as you would and you dont need to turn the car off!

I will try to take some footage of this in action in the next week and post a You Tube of this so you can see.

Mike
This Post is Legendary, it gives us hope. Ha.
Can u pose what hardware you used how much you got it done for?
Cant wait for the video, iv been waiting for this since forever.
Old 11-11-08, 08:37 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

**UPDATE**

Remote Start
Door Module
2 Way Remote (optional)

Mike
i like to know how much was the installation, fortes and door module.

i know the fortes and door module are pretty standardized in price but different places charge different rates for install...dont want to get ripped off

thanks
Old 11-11-08, 08:51 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

okay here is the exact list:

Trilogix XK-01 Bypass Module
Forbin Key-Override All Module
Autostart (you can choose the brand you want)
Upgraded (2) 2-way remotes (optional) ~ 50$ extra per key fob.
^ Note the kits come with 1 way remotes and unless you are close or can see the car you wont know if its started or not, from past experience I suggest getting the 2 way.

They worked on my car from 10am till 7pm.

It was just under 500$ for everything. Could have been around 400 or under if I didnt want the upgraded remotes and smaller ones.

I need to get one of my local guys with a vid camera to stop over and I will post it up in action.

in regards to the post about the key card. this is a nice feature to have since you now carry 2 fobs around. I have considered this since I can keep that in my wallet and just have one Fob with me...The OEM FOb still works as it should and needs to be with you to let the car continue to run.
Old 11-11-08, 09:05 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Wait so you have to carry two keys?
Old 11-12-08, 06:43 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

No...You have to carry what you carry now to get into your car and start it. You will then have to carry something that "looks" similar to that. Almost identical in size. You cant go anywhere with out your key fob.

Have you ever had a car where the key and the unlock/lock & Trunk release where on separate things? I know I had a few cars back in the day where they where not incorporated into the key (like on the IS). I think this is still common on American cars? You have a few keys and a remote that does what our one Key Fob does.

Google search remote starts and see the remote they come with, that will be in addition to the key fob you carry now. You have NO way around this. All you can do is choose the remote that you want like I did and pay more.
Old 11-12-08, 07:31 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

here are pics, see what I have now with my OEM key, the 2nd pic shows you the difference in size for the other 2-Way remote. Much thicker and longer.

Old 11-12-08, 10:36 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Im still confused, sorry im slow.

Okay so what would i have to carry for the remote start?
Can i just use the two way fob? OR do i need to carry a remote start key and the OEM key.
Old 11-13-08, 07:19 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

here are pics, see what I have now with my OEM key, the 2nd pic shows you the difference in size for the other 2-Way remote. Much thicker and longer.

here is what you would carry around with you at ALL times...if you are not using the Remote Starter then just carry your OEM key and that is it. I only use the remote in the winter months so in summer I wont carry the extra remote with me.
Old 11-15-08, 04:21 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

not to great but its something for now....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ljLnsoAm6Y

okay you can hear the car go into the acc mode then you can hear it start. I lost most of the footage trying to capture the brakes engaging as the BlueTooth synced up with the car and stopped the phone from recording. Its something for now. Our next gathering I will have someone bring a Video Cam and will get better footage for everyone. A few local guys are getting this done so we can have a few more cars to show also.

enjoy

Last edited by passnu2; 11-15-08 at 04:29 PM.
Old 11-15-08, 05:17 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

not to great but its something for now....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ljLnsoAm6Y

okay you can hear the car go into the acc mode then you can hear it start. I lost most of the footage trying to capture the brakes engaging as the BlueTooth synced up with the car and stopped the phone from recording. Its something for now. Our next gathering I will have someone bring a Video Cam and will get better footage for everyone. A few local guys are getting this done so we can have a few more cars to show also.

enjoy
Cool! That is a good idea. I am sure this would freak someone out if they were standing next to it. Especially since the brake lights come on.
Old 11-18-08, 11:04 PM
Lex Law
Pole Position

okay here is the exact list:

Trilogix XK-01 Bypass Module
Forbin Key-Override All Module
Autostart (you can choose the brand you want)
Upgraded (2) 2-way remotes (optional) ~ 50$ extra per key fob.
What is the function of the 2 modules and why aren't they included with any autostart kits?

Thanks for the quickie video. Looking forward to the day shot, prosumer cam.
Old 11-18-08, 11:07 PM
NYDesi80
Rookie

Very nice. I wonder what is different from this remote starter and the ones DEI offers. I always bought DEI so I'm a little cautious about spending the same on another brand thats it.

Quick Reply: so what happened to remote start??