305is350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That looks like a loosed connection in the bulb's socket. IMO
Old 11-01-08, 09:58 AM
i3urton
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any one have anything postive about xenondepot?? was going to get hid fogs and now iam not sure.
Old 11-01-08, 10:58 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by i3urton
any one have anything postive about xenondepot?? was going to get hid fogs and now iam not sure.
weesped uses XD 6k d4s bulbs installed by me and XD 3k hid fogs installed by REV-01 and he has no problems at all. In my sig click on 'my car' and on post 2 you'll see a pic of his car.
Old 11-01-08, 01:06 PM
toomurf
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hurts !!!!!!
Old 11-01-08, 02:24 PM
LEXMAN350
Pole Position

I will be contacting xenondepot regarding this matter.

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Warranty fraud? Nice.

You modded it. Be a man, pay to fix it.

Bet money Xenon Depot says they warranty the bulb and nothing else. Incidental and consequential damages are never covered by the aftermarket. If they were, they'd be out of business the first time somebody blew an engine with their eBay "chip".
Yes I know I modded it and I went with a CL trusted vendor to get peace of mind from this kind of stuff happening and I feel that they should take care of the problem. You can see from other posting they are running into the same issues as I was. Oh and Warranty Fraud? Don't make assumptions as I was just trying to get some opinions on what others thought thats the whole point in posting in a forum. I will be contacting xenondepot about this matter and see what they have to say. I think they should cover the cost of the damage their bulbs did to my car.

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
question, since you've changed the bulbs have you ever added water into your windshield wiper squirter thingy?
Nope, I never added water or poured any liquids into the windshield wiper squirter.

Originally Posted by 305is350
That looks like a loosed connection in the bulb's socket. IMO
How can you tell it was a loose connection by looking at a melted bulb? I PAID someone to install it professionaly and I can assure it was not a loose connection.

Originally Posted by iskcon
let us know what Xenon Depot says. I have the same bulbs but no problems yet
I'll let you know what they say. I am not the only one who is experiencing so that just tells you something is wrong with their bulbs in our cars. It all started with the bulb flicker then the bulb turning off and then melting.
Old 11-01-08, 03:06 PM
pockyby
Pole Position

Originally Posted by is350jonny
ive gone thru 3 sets of xenon depot HID bulbs.. they work fine for a few months and then one or the other side would do the same as stated above... i contacted xenon depot after the 1st incident and they were nice enough to send me another set.. but im done with xenon depot.. anyone have any good recommendations for aftermarket HID d4s bulbs?
same here i have 4 bulbs from xenon depot, now only 1 is workin, works only few months and it fail, now i have some METC D4S from CLT vendor here, is been on the car for 2 weeks , no problem yet hopin not in the future
Old 11-01-08, 06:17 PM
305is350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here one of my XD 6k bulb keeps going off and getting whiter than the other side, but the bulb's base is fine it is not melted like yours, I know a loose connection creates heat and that's the only reason that bulb is melted like that in the socket, unless the ballast has an output problem, try to install another bulb to check if it works fine, if it does then the ballast is ok
Old 11-02-08, 12:35 AM
crazybuggy
Racer

yikes! i asked around if puttin in XD 6k d4s aftermarket bulbs into an OEM ballast would be safe... i havent run into any problems yet but for some reason, i just have this paranoia that something is going wrong with them because it seems to me that one side isnt as white as the other, i would usually just brush that mindset off since i know that the shotgun side has an aim level higher than the other, while the driverside has an aim level lower than the other... i pray that my XD 6k aftermarket bulbs dont give me a problem....
Old 11-02-08, 01:22 AM
tC_demon
Pole Position

Originally Posted by aznboi27
BAH! Dealerships are just bunch of crooks too anyway. They always overcharge you for everything that is a simple fix. Why not play the warranty game to save a little money.
Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Warranty fraud? Nice.

You modded it. Be a man, pay to fix it.

Bet money Xenon Depot says they warranty the bulb and nothing else. Incidental and consequential damages are never covered by the aftermarket. If they were, they'd be out of business the first time somebody blew an engine with their eBay "chip".
+1 ... If you can get away with it go for it.
Old 11-02-08, 03:07 AM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

I got mobile hid kit for cliff great vendor no problem at all go that route with him hes cheaper then XD anyways plus he stands behind his product i also got a hid flashlight from him works wonders
Old 11-02-08, 01:35 PM
VF84
Pole Position

so, all u did was use xd's bulbs?

Originally Posted by IS250_6Spd
I bought the ^k bulbs from Xenon Depot and my Passenger side flickers continuously. Its not noticeable to the naked eye, but its irritating as hell.
could u elaborate? if u can't see it with ur eyes, how do u know it's flickering? (i'm not trying to be a smarta**, just wondering/want clarified)

anyway, friend runs sharphid, and yes, he will stand behind his products.
Old 11-03-08, 12:53 AM
Gus738
Driver

so now we are questioning Xenon depot or not???? how can people allow our CL VENDOR to be with problems and no fixes?

I amog others want to hear what xenon depot says....

so much for their "SALE" that is going on makes me think why.....?
Old 11-03-08, 01:11 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Get your HID from cliff they're extremely durable lol. One of my foglight ballasts fell out of my car one time...my fault because I didn't secure it properly. It ripped out of my car and I ran over it with both front and back wheels. I pulled over into the nearest neighborhood and then hauled *** on foot back out to the street to pick it up. I kid you not, at least 5 other cars ran over it before I picked it up from the road. The casing was all scratched up and I thougth the ballast was toast. Nope...I plugged it back in and it fired right up!
Old 11-03-08, 01:21 AM
Gus738
Driver

^^^

who's cliff? link please ?

Quick Reply: Stock Ballast Melted!