IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New Guy NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-08, 12:36 AM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Guy NEED HELP

Hey guys im planning to buy an Starfire Pearl IS350 soon. Been doing alittle research on em so far. Currently have a 2004 Acura TSX Nighthawk Black Pearl. Its nice but just way too slow for my taste. 2.4L kills me everytime im driving. Theres some questions I got. While im out shopping for a used IS350 is there anything specific that i should want to have, like any options that are def worth to find. Also, is there anything that I should know about the IS350 that a noob should know. For example, before i bought my tsx i didnt know i could not go turbo, or i didnt know that the 04's have a big problems with the A/C failing. How do you like your IS350 or 250 honestly.... And last question, i got a set of Works 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 offsets are 40 and 42 would they work on the IS350 and will it look good. Thanks Guys let me know.... included some pics of my TSX just for show and to let you guys know where im coming from.

Old 11-01-08, 12:48 AM
IS350JDM
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice TSX! If you are looking to make the jump to an IS350, go for an 08 if you want the sportier younger look. Go for an 09 if you want the refined luxurious look. You'll probably have more fun with an 08 based on where you're coming from. Mark Levinson sound system and Navigation are must haves. Hope that helped a bit.
Old 11-01-08, 12:49 AM
i2IS
Pole Position

Nice TSX !!! You should definitely consider Nav + Mark Levinson. Theres no turbo kit for IS350 and only 1 SC kit for USDM IS350.
Old 11-01-08, 12:50 AM
tC_demon
Pole Position

Are you a fellow tsxclub.com member?...lol I am too. Yes those rims will fit. If your looking for power than a IS350 is your car...I don't think you will need more than 306hp. I also have a 08 TSX...I would also recommend Navi and if you can find one with ML (Mark Levinson Audio System thats a plus) unless you plan to install aftermarket speakers and sub than go with non-ML (u can only get ML on the IS350's). Plus there is a lot of upgrades u can make on the IS250 or IS350 with the F Sport brand.

Last edited by tC_demon; 11-01-08 at 12:54 AM.
Old 11-01-08, 12:54 AM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tC_demon
Are you a fellow tsxclub.com member?...lol I am too. Yes those rims will fit. If your looking for power than a IS350 is your car...I don't think you will need more than 306hp. I also have a 08 TSX...I would also recommend Navi and if you can find one with ML (Mark Levinson Audio System thats a plus) unless you plan to install aftermarket speakers and sub than go with non-ML (u can only get ML on the IS350's)
haha yea man i am actually. dont tell anyone on the other forum i dont want them to think im cheating on them... haha
Old 11-01-08, 01:00 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

no turbo for our cars, 11.8:1 compression so dont hold your breath, there is a supercharger thou for $10k usd and it gives about 40hp only.

Those offsets will work but are the rims from the honda? if so the hubs are different AND those are 'weakish' offsets newayz...

issues: well brake dust is an issue but there is a TSB for it so its all good, rear view mirror vibrates but theres a TSB for that too... a small % of owners have had sweaks but theres a TSB for those too so... no, no real issues. UNLESS you count the stares you'll get for having such a HAWT car an issue

must have options? Navi AND Mark Levinson stereo *upgrade*, dont bother getting one without the other cuz then you wont be able to enjoy either fully. The rest of the options are just icing on the cake.

enjoyment? hahaha, heres a story: One day while crawling thru traffic me n my friend came up on a bus stop, there was a youngish girl there 13-15 and she was just staring hard at us, my friend turns to me starts laughing and says 'look the young tuna checking us out', I just sit smile and keep watching the traffic, after a long silence of about 15sec my friend then says in a straight voice, 'i gotta get me one of these...', i reply with 'yep'
Old 11-01-08, 01:02 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

^ actually, you CAN integrate an aftermarket amp and sub w/ the ML system (a search would pull that info up for you).

very clean TSX, but an even better choice with the is350.

as with everyone else, nav + mark levinson is a must.

i'd also recommend either the luxury or sports package for the factory HID's, memory seats w/ cooling/heating, and telescopic steering wheel.

hope to welcome you to the family in the near future, and good luck w/ your search.
Old 11-01-08, 01:08 AM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

thanks for all the input so far... is this a good buy or could i find better?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...TAFSRCHUSDTEXT
Old 11-01-08, 06:19 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Wierdazndu
thanks for all the input so far... is this a good buy or could i find better?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...TAFSRCHUSDTEXT
IMO yes since its a low mileage car and fully loaded. I am not to far from there as many other members we can possibly go check it out for you. Post in the Chicago region if we can be of help. I also know many people there so I can get you in contact with some one. PM me on that.

on a side note they have a Acura dealer also 3 buildings down so if you are going to strop the TSX and trade it in that will be in your favor also. I could help you with contacts for both dealers. Its the same owners for both. Great service and everything. I have known them for 20 years and purchased one to many cars from them
Old 11-01-08, 06:23 AM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by passnu2
IMO yes since its a low mileage car and fully loaded. I am not to far from there as many other members we can possibly go check it out for you. Post in the Chicago region if we can be of help. I also know many people there so I can get you in contact with some one. PM me on that.
thanks bro, im gonna go to work and run a carfax and go from there. Other than that my job has actually bought some cars from there wholesale so im gonna see if i can get in contact with the sales manager. Ill hit you up if i need help though bro, thanks alot for the offer!!
Old 11-01-08, 06:52 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wierdazndu
and will it look good.
check this out

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=386553

Old 11-01-08, 11:30 AM
tC_demon
Pole Position

Originally Posted by projectdna
^ actually, you CAN integrate an aftermarket amp and sub w/ the ML system (a search would pull that info up for you).
Why would you do that to a lux sound system?
Old 11-01-08, 12:00 PM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rashoodz
it doesnt look too bad but i think i would go with different wheels
Old 11-03-08, 01:23 AM
Gus738
Driver

TC demon is this a serious question? short answer any oem stock sound is POS COMPARED to Aftermarket.

if you have 3k to spend on sound your best investment is on AFTERMARKET SOUND. lux sound system is garbage compared to aftermarket period. ML is VERY VERY GOOD compared to other STOCK OEM SOUND but is NOT better then aftermarket sound.... > amp = better sound

Old 11-03-08, 03:31 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

iirc the sub on the ML system is 8". for some, that's fine. for others who need more bass, thus the upgrade.

Originally Posted by Gus738
TC demon is this a serious question? short answer any oem stock sound is POS COMPARED to Aftermarket.

if you have 3k to spend on sound your best investment is on AFTERMARKET SOUND. lux sound system is garbage compared to aftermarket period. ML is VERY VERY GOOD compared to other STOCK OEM SOUND but is NOT better then aftermarket sound.... > amp = better sound
wow, are you serious? i mean, honestly, for someone that comes from a honda civic coupe w/ lambo doors, do you subscribe to the "louder + trunk-rattling bass = better sound" school of thought? in case you don't know, there's more to aural quality (read: "better sound") than trunk-rattling bass and/or ear-bleeding volume levels.

while the ML system in the 2is has its limitations - and can certainly be outdone by a top-tier component aftermarket system, i highly doubt you can replicate what the ML system does w/ $3k - not just the hardware aspect, but also the aural aspect as well.

there are many posts and threads on the virtues (and yes, vices) of the ML system, so i can only recommend that you go pull a search and read. afterwards, if you still think that trunk-rattling bass and/or ear-bleeding volume levels are what makes a good sound system, then to each his own. /OT

to the OP> any updates?

Quick Reply: New Guy NEED HELP