Search this Thread

Old 11-05-08, 09:32 PM
ntoxicated
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance question about a claim

Hey guys,

This might be a dumb question for you guys...but

had anyone opened an accident claim from insurance company and reported everything (like looking at my car, and etc) and was told how it's going to impact my current premium (like how much it will increase) but then you decided to not go through insurance (pay by your own money), so closed the claim and had not experienced any change in the premium? If so, what company?

I had an accident and the insurance company told me that this will be on my driving history but was told that it's not going to affect my premium unless I file a claim. What else could my driving history have impact on (from insurance company's perspective)?
Old 11-05-08, 09:37 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^ If you reported it then its on your record and it counts against you. Even if you dont file the claim or lets say its not worth it because of your deductible, ect....Unless your Agent is committing Fraud then its on your record and every company will see this on your record.

Only thing you could do is try to plead your case if its not your fault. If you where at fault then you have to let it fall off and just be cautious about calling in the future if you dont think you are going to file a claim.
Old 11-05-08, 09:49 PM
ntoxicated
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
^ If you reported it then its on your record and it counts against you. Even if you dont file the claim or lets say its not worth it because of your deductible, ect....Unless your Agent is committing Fraud then its on your record and every company will see this on your record.

Only thing you could do is try to plead your case if its not your fault. If you where at fault then you have to let it fall off and just be cautious about calling in the future if you dont think you are going to file a claim.

Ok, so in the beginning, my point was to compare how much it's going to be if I go through insurance (assuming premium increases) vs. if I don't tell them and do it by myself at the local body shop.

Luckly, the agent told me that it looks like an unintentional claim, so she closed this and said it's not going to affect my premium, but at the same time, she told me that this Will be on my driving history - how does this going impact me?
Old 11-06-08, 06:24 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

PM me the following so we dont have a thread with this info...

1. is it your fault?
2. How much was the damage that you reported & What happened
3. Do you have any other claims on your record?
4. any tickets?
5. what company are you currently with?

ect...if you can get me this I can give you a better answer hand help explain what your options may be.

She was correct in how it was recorded. It is on your record even though you are not pursuing the claim. Once you initiate a claim its on your record and does go against you now. If you called another insurance company they will see this on your record.

Depending on your info that you provide above your current company may not change anything unless you have something else happen in the next year or two. If you apply to a new company you will not get the preferred rates if you did qualify for them before this. If you have a clean record for 3+ years then it falls off and you would see a break in your rates.

Let me know.
Old 11-06-08, 06:50 AM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
PM me the following so we dont have a thread with this info...

1. is it your fault?
2. How much was the damage that you reported & What happened
3. Do you have any other claims on your record?
4. any tickets?
5. what company are you currently with?

ect...if you can get me this I can give you a better answer hand help explain what your options may be.

She was correct in how it was recorded. It is on your record even though you are not pursuing the claim. Once you initiate a claim its on your record and does go against you now. If you called another insurance company they will see this on your record.

Depending on your info that you provide above your current company may not change anything unless you have something else happen in the next year or two. If you apply to a new company you will not get the preferred rates if you did qualify for them before this. If you have a clean record for 3+ years then it falls off and you would see a break in your rates.

Let me know.
trust mike he knows his stuff