IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Got into a Car Accident last Friday!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-08, 06:43 PM
kevenhang
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got into a Car Accident last Friday!!!

Well last Friday I was in downtown Seattle and I was heading home on Howell St. It was me and my little sister and we were going 30-40mph and had a green light the whole time. Out of nowhere a Nissan Maxima runs a red light and BAM I ran right into her passenger side. I slammed the brakes but it was to late . We pulled over and I was so shocked and mad and sad. I am only seventeen years old and my parents bought me my car because I am there only son and a good kid. I couldn't believe it the entire front was smashed and now my passsenger door is kind of messed up because its pushed in. I have only been driving for six months and already an accident, oh yah and did I mention I am a boy so this is gonna freakin raise my insurance like heck . I'm so dissapointed Now I have lost my trust with my parents . Im going to check tomorrow how much it will cost to fix my car. I didn't take any pics because I don't want to, its too sad..No matter how good you drive and take care of your car you just can't control how other people behave and drive..it wasn't my fault!!thats all i can say but that wont fix my car a driving record

The stupid thing though was that I got into the accident friday night around almost midnight. I could tell the police didn't really believe what I was saying because I was a boy and younger than the other driver and it was late at night . I told him the whole story but yea that kinda sucked because he was stereotyping me into the whole teenage bad driver party friday night category which I wasn't doing .
Old 11-09-08, 06:49 PM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

man that was unfair discrimination..hopeyou got it solved quickly. The good thing is you don't have to pay anything..the other party's insurance should cover it. I don't see why your insurance will increase because of this..
Old 11-09-08, 06:51 PM
farquad
Lexus Test Driver

wait, so you're telling us there were no witnesses and you pretty much got framed for causing the accident when it was really the maxima driver who broke the red and ran infront of you?
that sucks major.. i thought they had a camera at most intersections in the states, we don't here.. but still
good luck with getting that sorted out, i have an at-fault accident under my belt.. happened when i was 16, insurance in canada is worse than it is in the U.S though
Old 11-09-08, 07:47 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Typical Maxima drivers lol, usually here when I see a Maxima I end up getting cut off, no blinkers, or just speeding in general and its always one of those 3.

Sorry to hear about your loss though, hope it works out for you in the end!
Old 11-09-08, 07:49 PM
aznboi27
Pole Position

sorry dude. if anything, you can always pick up a gun and go hunt him down. lol
Old 11-09-08, 10:29 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

An unfortunate welcome to the real world my friend. This is how it is.... whether you are 17 or 37. Part of driving.
Now, if it wasn't your fault, why are you going to lose the trust of your parents? Something doesn't make sense there.
Old 11-09-08, 11:29 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Bummer! I hope your car gets fixed as good as new.
Old 11-09-08, 11:33 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you have insurance, your company will fight for you. they have adjusters who can check out the damage and can help you out. it seems like it wasnt your fault, so i hope you got a police report and the other drivers info. call your insurance company and let hem sort it out. if you were determined not to be at fault your driving record shouldnt have anything negative against it. also depending on your insurance most likely your premiums wont go up either.
Old 11-10-08, 12:27 AM
crazybuggy
Racer

damn, that sucks man! sorry to hear about this. i HATE that sterotype of young drivers at fault... that definitely is a lot of ish
Old 11-10-08, 09:43 AM
CRB
Lead Lap

Seventeen years old with a brand new Lexus, that's cool. Just learn from the accident, everyone makes mistakes.
Old 11-10-08, 11:11 AM
kayotik
Lead Lap

just wait for the police report.. you didnt have any witnesses at all???
Old 11-10-08, 12:13 PM
waxman
Pole Position

sorry to heard that, but ***** happen sometime, hope u fix ur car soon
Old 11-10-08, 01:19 PM
kevenhang
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kayotik
just wait for the police report.. you didnt have any witnesses at all???
there were two cars behind me but they just drove off, also there were no cameras on the lights.
i just got an estimate today that it would take 2-3 weeks to fix and it will be about 5-6 thousand insurance covers it though.
Old 11-10-08, 04:31 PM
KpXMystic
Lead Lap

if ur not gonna win legally... illegally is always an option =) but anyways that sucks big time man.. hope everything is good and u and your sister is not hurt as well
Old 11-10-08, 08:26 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

that sucks big time. hope u win if u do take it to court. i believe u and something like this happen to me but was fortunate for me i had witnesses in my car and other cars as well. lets just say i did a 180 in the middle of the street. no matter what ur insurance will go up no matter whose fault it was. if ur insurance dont go up then basically u got some good insurance. good luck!

Quick Reply: Got into a Car Accident last Friday!!!