best D4s bulbs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-09, 03:01 PM
kentaro
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

got one from VLEDS as well.
6000k with purple tint.

the box for the bulb said D4S, but the plastic casing for the bulb said d4C...
Not sure theres a difference between the two, but put them on and they work great.
Havent drove it yet because its still sitting in the garage getting work done.
Old 08-24-09, 04:47 PM
holYcOO
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kentaro
got one from VLEDS as well.
6000k with purple tint.

the box for the bulb said D4S, but the plastic casing for the bulb said d4C...
Not sure theres a difference between the two, but put them on and they work great.
Havent drove it yet because its still sitting in the garage getting work done.
I wonder what yours look like, since I thought mine were more purple than blue output.
Old 08-24-09, 06:11 PM
kentaro
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

its really light purple until it warms up and gets more white.

i'll try to post pictures soon.
Old 08-27-09, 01:18 AM
rob stolen
Driver

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
rob stolen,

If you dig a little deeper you will find that I posted on the board that we had a problem with our first batch of D4 bulbs and I advised anyone that had a problem to contact me right away so that I can get them replaced. The thread you are referring to was in fact a result of us sending out the wrong bulb. If you notice, we sent all the customers that had this problem replacements and no problems since.

Respectfully, I am glad that you are happy with your current set up however please do not make allegations that I am not being truthful unless you have some actual concrete proof. I have successfully been a vendor on this board for 5 years as a result of offering quality products and a higher level of service. Being "not truthful" or "lying" is not that something that I do.

Steve

Um... no kidding. This is a car forum. People post about their experiences with vendors while other people (potential customers) read their posts. If you had not offered to replace the defective bulbs, your business here on Clublexus would be non-existent. This is a forum. No kidding you replaced the defective products. If you didn't, you wouldn't have a business here. It's that simple. Forums are unique that way. It keeps the vendors honest, or eventually they will not have any future business to speak of.

With that being said, it does not bode well that you not only sent wrong products to several buyers, but you also had a a defective batch of bulbs as well at the same time?

Either way, as a consumer and also a member of this forum, I took those facts, along with your pricing ($70 each bulb) and made the conscious decision to go elsewhere. More specifically, Garax brand bulbs.

I chose not to go the route that potentially may result in 2nd or 3rd chances. I wanted it right the first time.
Old 08-27-09, 01:23 AM
rob stolen
Driver

Originally Posted by tC_demon
Xenon Depot has great products, and great service...I would like to see another company that gives this type of service to their customers. One screw up and your burn for life...I don't think so. They sent the wrong product, ok? They replaced the product, apologize, now if they were giving them a hard time in replacing the bulbs that’s another thing. No company will ever promote their mistakes, no matter how honest they are, its bad business. Why are you complaining about the price you clearly went with another company. Just my two cents…just like your two cents.
Um... Didn't you post earlier that you went with VLed bulbs instead of Xenondepot??
Old 08-27-09, 05:33 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

rob stolen,

I'm glad you are happy with your purchase. All I said was that you should get your facts straight before accusing me of being dishonest.

Steve
Old 08-27-09, 08:19 AM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

any tips or advice on how to change the right(passenger) side bulb? There is no room to put your hand in and replace it unless you take the air filter box.
Old 08-27-09, 11:17 AM
holYcOO
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TLe2006
any tips or advice on how to change the right(passenger) side bulb? There is no room to put your hand in and replace it unless you take the air filter box.
yeah it's a *****, that's what you gotta do. you can scoot it over while it's still the box is still connected to the large hose, instead of taking it all off.
Old 08-27-09, 11:32 AM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

Just unscrew two bolts and it should slides over? thanks
Old 08-27-09, 09:17 PM
tC_demon
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rob stolen
Um... Didn't you post earlier that you went with VLed bulbs instead of Xenondepot??
I have done business with them (like my signature says), I don't have D4S bulbs from xenon because they don't make them in 5K, i do have their HID Fog Kit, and other HID kits. I switched from V-HID D4S (I got a defective bulb so I return them) know have HID Xtra D4S...much better match with my 5K HID fogs.
Old 09-10-09, 06:35 AM
Deathrow23
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just installed 12k bulbs from Garax, (site stated light purple ), but too purple if you just have the lowbeams by itself, but the output sucks!,would not drive with just the lowbeams ( looks GREAT during the day thou ),looks alot better with my yellow fogs for the color contrast as well as brightening up the road at night,...I want just that little purple tint, but i may try V-leds 6000k w/purple tint
Old 10-09-09, 11:50 PM
creemail
Driver

Looking at the 6000k w/ Blue low beam, 6000k w/ blue high beam, and 3000k fogs.

Anyone have shots of 6000k w/ Purple?

Cree

Last edited by creemail; 10-10-09 at 12:00 AM.
Old 10-10-09, 12:20 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts

where can you purchase the garax d4s bulb on 6k? and how much do they cost?
Old 10-10-09, 12:29 AM
sixseven1
Driver

Originally Posted by chris07is
where can you purchase the garax d4s bulb on 6k? and how much do they cost?
i got my garax bulbs from ebay around 90bucks shipped. been rock'n them for more then 2 yrs and still going strong.
Old 10-10-09, 01:03 AM
HERBos
Lead Lap

so wats good with the hidextra?

Quick Reply: best D4s bulbs?