Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

has anyone done this in tampa or near tampa that could help
Old 02-07-11, 08:50 PM
GSdriven
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robertrios
has anyone done this in tampa or near tampa that could help
There was a guy in South Florida who offered to help. I would be game to get this done.
Old 02-27-11, 07:20 PM
maford54
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed a set I ordered from Nigel and they look great. Really great job on write up.
I would like to suggest using a toner probe to locate the grn, and red wires. All you have to do is turn on your left blinker and probe through grn wires until you hear the wire emmiting in the same sequence as the blinker. Then turn on the right blinker and probe through the red wires. No need to butcher your wires " ONE SHOOT ONE KILL" I am a network technician and use toner, and probes to find cables. So if your don't have one laying around, check out Fry's or radio shack.
Old 02-27-11, 10:38 PM
adike
Driver School Candidate

a cool mod - too much work for me thou but looks nice.
Old 05-14-11, 09:02 PM
cleetan
Driver School Candidate

I've tried to follow this DIY with no luck - for the life of me I can't find the two wires to tap into. I'm in Australia and therefore have a RHD version of the Lexus IS250 - is there a chance that the wires are a different colour or on the passenger side instead???

I am using a multimeter to check for voltages - what am I supposed to be seeing? I have tried all the green wires on both the driver and passenger sides and I can't see any oscillating voltages when the turn signals are on. They are several with constant voltages - is there a digital sampling issue with the multimeter?

I might have to start from the junction block at the ECU on the passenger side and work backwards instead.

Any hints?
Old 05-14-11, 09:49 PM
birador
Lead Lap

job well done,i will do the same on my 06 350 also.thanks for the detailed work.
Old 05-16-11, 04:55 AM
cleetan
Driver School Candidate

Okay... I finally figured it out thanks to the innovative 'tone and probe' method from maford54 - you are an absolute champ! Investing in a tone and probe unit - I found both wires in 2 mins!!!

For the right-hand-drive (RHD) Lexus IS250 (in Australia, Japan, UK, etc...) - the medium sized light green and red wires are on the LEFT hand side of the car (i.e. the PASSENGER side). I take it then it is always on this side of the car (LEFT)! Please update the DIY to reflect this

Great DIY project - follow the rest of the instructions and you will end up with an awesome finished product!
Old 05-16-11, 08:23 AM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

you guy luck to find the pink wire quick (right signal) I did my friend and my IS my friend car I found both wire in like 5 mins, but my car I spent like 30mins to find the pink wire that wire is hide, but finally I found
Old 07-05-11, 06:53 PM
scriber
Driver

I didnt see anything about connecting a wire for the puddle lights. How do the puddle lights function? I have a 98 GS300 with no lights what so ever in the mirrors.

Last edited by scriber; 07-05-11 at 06:57 PM.
Old 07-06-11, 06:09 AM
CCJ22
Pole Position

What wires do we tap if we want these to come on with our parking lights then blink when blinkers are activated?
Old 07-06-11, 09:09 AM
scriber
Driver

Originally Posted by CCJ22
What wires do we tap if we want these to come on with our parking lights then blink when blinkers are activated?
The tutorial clearly shows the wires to tap into for blinking but does nothing to mention the puddle lights. Please advise
Old 07-07-11, 07:23 PM
bantatua21
Rookie

just finished installing mine.it took me almost 4 hours and thanks for this DIY .didnt even break a sweat.pics later.need a cold beer first.LOL.
Old 01-06-12, 01:51 AM
c-low
Lexus Test Driver

damn good write up ill be ordering these soooon!
Old 01-06-12, 02:38 AM
GilIS250
Lead Lap

Anyone in the NY area willing to help out install mine sometime during the MLK weekend?
Old 02-12-12, 03:24 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so just thought i would update everyone, i got the OEM 2009 mirrors and they fit just fine on the car and the plug IS the same size as the 06-08 plug, i assume sewell did this. Now if you compare the old plug to the new plug you will see one extra wire. I tapped that extra wire and connected it to the green and red wire like you guys did. One problem...if I have both connected and i turn on my signals I get hazzard lights. If I disconnect either side it works fine (obviously the side with the mirror disconnect the head light and rear work but not the mirror).

I am wondering if i shorted a relay or if i was supposed to cut the extra wire out of the plug....maybe something else was supposed to be running into that spot on the old models?

I emailed Sewell to see what they say. The relay is in a horrible spot under the steering wheel and there is no way I am getting to it so if that is the problem then Ill have to take it to a shop and see if they could handle that.

Other than that I thought I was done, It was easy to get them on the car and take things apart, most time consuming part was running the wires from the door into the car from the fender. Everything else takes maybe 45 minutes.

I was about to put everything back together when I noticed both sides were blinking :/ looks like car pooling in the SC until I can figure it out.

Quick Reply: DIY JDM LED Side Signal Mirror Covers *56K Warning*