Originally Posted by Darein23
Do you have these for a Gs400 98?
Wrong section to ask but some are available in the vendor section:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...rx-gx-etc.html
Old 04-13-09, 05:20 AM
kmaahs
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know of a qualified/reliable installer in the King of Prussia, PA, just NW of Philly. I would like to have these installed but want it done right from the start!
Old 04-13-09, 02:19 PM
Mister T
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kmaahs
Does anyone know of a qualified/reliable installer in the King of Prussia, PA, just NW of Philly. I would like to have these installed but want it done right from the start!
This thread was created to encourage people to do the installation on their own or with the help of other members.

If you would like to find a qualified installer, whether that be from a shop or local members, I suggest you look/post in your regional forum.
Old 04-20-09, 12:03 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

thanks for the DIY. just finished wiring my signal mirrors up. now I just gotta get it painted...
Old 04-20-09, 01:00 PM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

you didn't paint before you installed them??
Old 04-20-09, 01:16 PM
Mister T
Lexus Champion

Glad it was helpful Tim, now at least the hard part is done.
Old 04-20-09, 03:08 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SeOuLiS250
you didn't paint before you installed them??
I pre wired it. my boss didnt come into work today so I was able to work on my own car for once. lol im not driving around in cream plastic white colored mirrors. haha
Old 05-18-09, 09:16 PM
IS350JDM
Lead Lap

I just wanted to bring this DIY back from the dead to thank Thien and pisaykotik for the detailed instructions. I just installed the LED cover mirrors I got from Nigel, and I have to say, everything couldn't have went smoother. My buddy and I worked on it for a total of 4 hours (we took our sweet time), and followed the DIY almost exactly. The covers had great fitment and worked instantly. The paint quality was excellent (although the colour was not matching exactly, but very very close).

For those of you that are still thinking about this mod... JUST GET IT!!! You won't regret it! The LED's make the car look complete. Without them, the side of the IS just looks too bare.

But if you are planning to do this DIY, it is not for beginners. Make sure you pair up with someone that knows what they're doing, or someone you can trust that won't mess up the tedious work. Some of the wire-fishing with the coat hanger was PITA!!

I will post pics soon, probably after the GTA meet at the end of the month.

Thien, I helped you once, and you helped me once. We are even. Thanks again!
Old 05-18-09, 09:28 PM
IS350JDM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by airborne00
do i HAVE to ground the black wire?
Yes, you have to. They won't come on if you don't. Find a good secure place to ground it.
Old 05-19-09, 10:14 AM
Mister T
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS350JDM
I just wanted to bring this DIY back from the dead to thank Thien and pisaykotik for the detailed instructions. I just installed the LED cover mirrors I got from Nigel, and I have to say, everything couldn't have went smoother. My buddy and I worked on it for a total of 4 hours (we took our sweet time), and followed the DIY almost exactly. The covers had great fitment and worked instantly. The paint quality was excellent (although the colour was not matching exactly, but very very close).

For those of you that are still thinking about this mod... JUST GET IT!!! You won't regret it! The LED's make the car look complete. Without them, the side of the IS just looks too bare.

But if you are planning to do this DIY, it is not for beginners. Make sure you pair up with someone that knows what they're doing, or someone you can trust that won't mess up the tedious work. Some of the wire-fishing with the coat hanger was PITA!!

I will post pics soon, probably after the GTA meet at the end of the month.

Thien, I helped you once, and you helped me once. We are even. Thanks again!
These words are like music to my ears Victor. Helping each other out is what CL should be all about.
Old 05-19-09, 06:06 PM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

use a volt meter cuts the time down finding the wire by 1/2
Old 05-19-09, 07:43 PM
IS350JDM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by airborne00
Here is what i did so far on the driver side: joined the blinker and extra red/black wires together near the mirror housing. then i ran the extra red/wire wires thru and grounded the black wire on one of the screws on the door. now i am trying to tap the red wire into one of the "medium sized light green" wires and none of them seem to work.
It's near the bottom of the pile of wires. You will find a red one down there first. Then when you have the red one, match it with a light green one that is the same size. If you still can't find it, you'll need to trial and error. Make sure the black one is grounded first.

Also, I found that the connectors that came with the kit (The black ones) is pretty useless. To join the wires that are attached to the mirror and the extension wires, use butt connectors instead. That could actually be the problem of not turning on.

Originally Posted by Mister T
These words are like music to my ears Victor. Helping each other out is what CL should be all about.
Can't wait for the next DIY project!
Old 05-19-09, 08:33 PM
IS350JDM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mister T
30. Now you need to ground the black wires of the LED mirror covers. Split the black and red wires, join just the black wires and ground it anywhere on the metal car frame. I grounded it here in this screw just above the dead footrest pedal. Hide the wires behind the carpet. (pic looks like red and black wires, but they are both black.)

32. Tap into or connect the driver side blinker wire to a medium sized light green wire and the passenger side to a medium sized red wire. I found them both to be near the bottom of the pile of wires. It helps to have a volt meter, but if you don't, you have to use the "trial and error method" with the wire strippers. Try one and test each blinker to ensure proper functionality.
Just follow #30 this is a good place to ground. If you can find a ring connector, that's even better.

Note the colors of the green and red. It's a light green and a light red.

If it still doesn't turn on, check the connection between the wires from the mirror to the extention.
Old 06-02-09, 08:42 PM
neputiovas
Driver School Candidate

installed those today everything works perfect, except drivers sides bottom door light and mirror puddle light wont come on. It does work on passengers side. Any ideas , is there any fuse for those? or i messed up the wire or something?

Quick Reply: DIY JDM LED Side Signal Mirror Covers *56K Warning*