Search this Thread

Old 12-01-08, 08:44 PM
Youngie
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my traded 08 IS350 listed for sale @ Acura dealer

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ort=priceDESC&
&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=32

This is listing for my 08 IS350 I've traded for the IsF. I think it's good deal. It has 12k miles w/ F-sport wheels, F-sport shocks and F-sport lowering springs, GFX front spoiler and side skirts, IsF shift **** and I've also added XM satellite receiver and Huper Optik Tint 40%. All the F-sports parts were installed @ Lexus dealer so it comes with factory warranty.mint condition without any accident. (I wonder if the dealer knows that it also has F-sport shocks and springs?)

I just want to give heads up to anyone who's in the market for used 08 IS350. If u can knock off couple thousand $'s it'll be an excellent deal.

Last edited by Youngie; 12-01-08 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-01-08, 08:51 PM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow... another one who sold the 2IS for a ISF haha... hmm they called the f-sport wheels IS-F wheels 0.o
Old 12-01-08, 08:57 PM
Youngie
Rookie

Originally Posted by darkdream
Wow... another one who sold the 2IS for a ISF haha... hmm they called the f-sport wheels IS-F wheels 0.o
keke I test drove the M3, C63 AMG and IsF. liked all of them but found a used IsF w/ 2k miles for under 50k and it was a no brainer.
Old 12-01-08, 09:32 PM
GSdriven
Pit Crew

I got a call from my Lexus salesman a couple of days ago. He left Lexus and came back bought a GS430 and IS350 from him. I told him I might be interested in an IF. This is not a joke. They offered me $20k for my 2006 IS350 with 21k miles mint condition some xtras and where willing to take off 3k from the IF. They had five of them 4, 08's and 1, 09. I told the manager I would reconsider ever buying a Lexus again after dropping over 55% in value in two years. I told him I would buy the 08 IF in March when he lowers his price 50k. Any one knows the best price for an IF?
Old 12-01-08, 09:35 PM
GSdriven
Pit Crew

PS I was surprised how well the IF handled and rode as good as my former M3. When I read that the IF was 90% stiffer in front than the IS350. I was non-plussed.
Old 12-01-08, 10:01 PM
GSdriven
Pit Crew

The 06 is my baby, they were offering me 20k as trade in for the IF. and they would take 3k off the sticker price of the IF. They kept bringing up the fact that I would save 1.5k in sales tax by trading it in. With the way the economy is heading and the fact they had 5 IF four of them new 08's and 09's already out. I expected more enthusiams on their part.
Old 12-01-08, 10:10 PM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GSdriven
The 06 is my baby, they were offering me 20k as trade in for the IF. and they would take 3k off the sticker price of the IF. They kept bringing up the fact that I would save 1.5k in sales tax by trading it in. With the way the economy is heading and the fact they had 5 IF four of them new 08's and 09's already out. I expected more enthusiams on their part.
Oh I read it wrong, my bad.
Old 12-01-08, 10:15 PM
jns350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GSdriven
Wow it still seems that the dealer is making out lake a bandit...20K trade in...only 3k off sticker....new cars sales are down...you should be getting a better deal...ISF are not the "it" toy right now...5 cars in stock and they are not following you by the door....
With some effort...sell your car as a private party..and get 6-8k more than trade...find a dealer willing to sell over invoice...its possible...really!
Old 12-01-08, 11:25 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Patience is the key to getting into an ISF cheap and reap the benefits of all the power , etc with the reliability of a toyota product...which is why I dumped my Infiniti G35 Coupe for an IS350 in the first place.

all specialty cars lose value FAST (all the AMG's, M3's, etc)...and in this ecomomy with gas going from over $4 ,down to what is it now...and may fly back up and no one knows

IS-F's will not be flying off the lots...and if you wait you'll save a bunch and get one with low miles (cause its not like people are buying them as everyday drivers all over the place)...people have paid $65,000 for them back when...
wait till 09 and you will be able to get an 08 with low miles for like 10-15K less
and they only come with a couple of options so you'll get everything your 350 has (except cooled seats-which is some BS if you ask me..but whatever) plus the tranny, brakes, power, handling, wheels, and look

just makes sense to me ...
Old 12-01-08, 11:44 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

i bet if i called up the salesguy at the dealer i buy from, he would sell me a IS-F for dirt cheap....
Old 12-01-08, 11:48 PM
Youngie
Rookie

Originally Posted by AM1
i bet if i called up the salesguy at the dealer i buy from, he would sell me a IS-F for dirt cheap....

What's "dirt cheap" to you?
Old 12-02-08, 08:40 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Originally Posted by NYC ES3
Patience is the key to getting into an ISF cheap and reap the benefits of all the power , etc with the reliability of a toyota product...which is why I dumped my Infiniti G35 Coupe for an IS350 in the first place.

all specialty cars lose value FAST (all the AMG's, M3's, etc)...and in this ecomomy with gas going from over $4 ,down to what is it now...and may fly back up and no one knows

IS-F's will not be flying off the lots...and if you wait you'll save a bunch and get one with low miles (cause its not like people are buying them as everyday drivers all over the place)...people have paid $65,000 for them back when...
wait till 09 and you will be able to get an 08 with low miles for like 10-15K less
and they only come with a couple of options so you'll get everything your 350 has (except cooled seats-which is some BS if you ask me..but whatever) plus the tranny, brakes, power, handling, wheels, and look

just makes sense to me ...
Yep - I just bought my wife a new '08 ES350, and while at the dealers I drove an ISF. Big mistake on my part. I now WANT one BAD. I also drive a G35 Coupe, an '03 modded 6MT. Before that I had a SC300 5MT coupe. Buying the ES brought back all the old memories of my SC. Lexus just treats you better, and IMO, the build is superior. The ISF is a monster. The dealer will only give $4-$5 K off of MSRP, not enough. I'm searching Auto Trader and eBay. I don't need a new car, but, again. I miss the Lexus experience, and I want the F.

Lou
Old 12-02-08, 10:33 PM
GSdriven
Pit Crew

Yep - I just bought my wife a new '08 ES350, and while at the dealers I drove an ISF. Big mistake on my part. I now WANT one BAD

I paid off my car. I really do not need another car payment but the ISF is the "M" of the IS. Daily driver might be over kill but if you wanted to you could do so much more with the ISF. I would pay 52k and keep the IS350.
Old 12-02-08, 10:56 PM
Emarati_K
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Youngie
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ort=priceDESC&
&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=32

This is listing for my 08 IS350 I've traded for the IsF. I think it's good deal. It has 12k miles w/ F-sport wheels, F-sport shocks and F-sport lowering springs, GFX front spoiler and side skirts, IsF shift **** and I've also added XM satellite receiver and Huper Optik Tint 40%. All the F-sports parts were installed @ Lexus dealer so it comes with factory warranty.mint condition without any accident. (I wonder if the dealer knows that it also has F-sport shocks and springs?)

I just want to give heads up to anyone who's in the market for used 08 IS350. If u can knock off couple thousand $'s it'll be an excellent deal.
Hey can I have the wheels? how much you are selling them for if you are selling them ...
Old 12-03-08, 01:21 AM
Youngie
Rookie

Originally Posted by Emarati_K
Hey can I have the wheels? how much you are selling them for if you are selling them ...
You really need to read the sales listing description more carefully one more time! click on the link.

Quick Reply: my traded 08 IS350 listed for sale @ Acura dealer