IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

The "Look what I got today!" Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-11, 11:04 AM
UtoyZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ dayum that thing is super aggressive the whole wheel is sticking out! LoL JK. nice wheels. I've always wanted a set of HREs but I can't afford em. post pics as soon as you got them on. nice fellow MRM
Old 07-23-11, 11:18 AM
karasha
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by myMRMis350
^^ dayum that thing is super aggressive the whole wheel is sticking out! LoL JK. nice wheels. I've always wanted a set of HREs but I can't afford em. post pics as soon as you got them on. nice fellow MRM
Next level baller status -- whole wheel sticking out

Haha, no but really. Just wanted to see them up against my car. They won't be put on until I wear out some life on my stock tires. Just picked up Potenza's for the stocks about 2k miles ago... rather get my money's worth, so to speak.

Thanks!!
Old 07-23-11, 11:40 AM
MiiK350
Lexus Test Driver

Put those damn wheels on now or babies will die!!

Use your fresh stocks during rain / pot hole season and as spares. Its not like you can roll on bald tires for spares or in the rain right?
Old 07-23-11, 04:29 PM
karasha
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MiiK350
Put those damn wheels on now or babies will die!!

Use your fresh stocks during rain / pot hole season and as spares. Its not like you can roll on bald tires for spares or in the rain right?
LMAO! Noooo. I don't want babies to die!!

But, I plan on wearing down the stocks just some. Also need to recoup some money to throw tires on there as well. But soon enough, these will be put on. I can't wait A proper thread will be made when done so.

PS - Pothole season? I don't know about California, but Houston always has potholes...
Old 07-23-11, 06:15 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

^I like those HREs!

It's pothole season 365 days a year here in Cali
Old 07-23-11, 08:28 PM
UtoyZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by karasha
Next level baller status -- whole wheel sticking out

Haha, no but really. Just wanted to see them up against my car. They won't be put on until I wear out some life on my stock tires. Just picked up Potenza's for the stocks about 2k miles ago... rather get my money's worth, so to speak.

Thanks!!
wow I don't think I can do that, knowing I got a high-end set of wheels just sitting in the garage, especially with tires already mounted. I'd put them on the second I laid my hands on em LoL. but it's your car...btw I don't think I've seen a full pic of your car, I notice you got Walds. I haven't seen an MRM with full Walds.
Old 07-23-11, 10:01 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Why wait to wear down tires....Just install them and have them as a back up set. It's summer, DEW IT!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-11, 10:48 PM
karasha
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
^I like those HREs!

It's pothole season 365 days a year here in Cali
Thanks, Giants !! I was gonna say, man, everythings better in Cali huh? Seasonal potholes? JK. Man, the potholes are so bad here, I really feel like I need to take pictures of the 2 mile radius around my house. It's just...

Originally Posted by myMRMis350
wow I don't think I can do that, knowing I got a high-end set of wheels just sitting in the garage, especially with tires already mounted. I'd put them on the second I laid my hands on em LoL. but it's your car...btw I don't think I've seen a full pic of your car, I notice you got Walds. I haven't seen an MRM with full Walds.
No, believe me, I want to throw these on so badly. But, the tires that are on there are WAY too thick (I believe they're 255/40s?) and are from the old owner. I said before, I really just need to recoup some money to drop $1k for tires. Probably by mid-August these will be put on.

Yeah, I've had the full WALD on for over a year now. Molded WALD spoiler just needs to finish it off. I really have never posted pictures of my car on here. Never felt like it was anything to post up, I suppose. But now that I have wheels on (along with my many other plans *rubs hands together*), I'll start posting more pictures

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Why wait to wear down tires....Just install them and have them as a back up set. It's summer, DEW IT!!!!!!!
Oooooomg, the peer pressure is strong!!! But I won't wear the stocks down too bad... just maybe until about mid-August [~2-3k more miles]. Then those will be for back up wheels/track wheels. Like I said above, money needs to flow back into my bank account. That college student budget doesn't allow me to be baller like you guys.
Old 07-23-11, 10:54 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Exclamation

Thanks, Giants !! I was gonna say, man, everythings better in Cali huh? Seasonal potholes? JK. Man, the potholes are so bad here, I really feel like I need to take pictures of the 2 mile radius around my house. It's just...
Haha everything is better in cali ... even the size of our potholes LOL

.... That college student budget doesn't allow me to be baller like you guys.
+1

Finally, someone who feels my pain
Old 07-23-11, 11:31 PM
karasha
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
Haha everything is better in cali ... even the size of our potholes LOL

Finally, someone who feels my pain
I will post a picture of this complete mind-boggling wheel ownage part of the street next to my house... it makes me clench my butt every time I go over it. HAHAHA. At least I've learned the exact spot to go over it without making it sound like someone took a jackhammer to my wheel when I go over it.

And yay! Another college student modder. Who is also MRM

Hmm.. I wonder if I should keep the wheel polished... or if I should send them into HRE and change it up...
Old 07-24-11, 12:11 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

I will post a picture of this complete mind-boggling wheel ownage part of the street next to my house... it makes me clench my butt every time I go over it. HAHAHA. At least I've learned the exact spot to go over it without making it sound like someone took a jackhammer to my wheel when I go over it.
Sounds like fun ... can't wait for pics.

And yay! Another college student modder. Who is also MRM
MRM FTW

Hmm.. I wonder if I should keep the wheel polished... or if I should send them into HRE and change it up...

If you have black accents on your car (I see your wald sides have black accents - is your grill or emblems black?), I would say you could think about matte black centers with gloss black lips. Then you can get MRM fasteners and Lugs to match the car I think that would look amazing Lol, I just love the black/red theme.
Old 07-26-11, 09:19 AM
intellis
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D4s 35w HID Bulbs

Not the Bugatti Veyron 16.4, but the bulbs lol.
Old 07-26-11, 09:36 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

PS - Pothole season? I don't know about California, but Houston always has potholes...
You must live inside the loop! I haaaate driving in some areas downtown and I'm stock height! And I say youre inner city because I have never seen your car before! haha I live the suburbia life.
Old 07-27-11, 06:44 PM
Nelly
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

@_@

Old 07-27-11, 08:24 PM
don
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Buying car parts from Amazon? lol

Quick Reply: The "Look what I got today!" Thread