IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

XenonDepot D4S Bulb problems second batch

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-08, 09:15 PM
papaalex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spartan452
Sorry to be off topic, but I ordered a set of bulbs and fog light kit from xenondepot and I haven't gotten a tracking number or anything saying it has been shipped and it has been a week since I paid, how long does it take for them to process and ship?
That's fine that happened to me too i have to wait for 1 week after i ordered to get a tracking number, just PM steve.. He'll respond to you..
Old 12-07-08, 07:07 AM
ahmed24
Intermediate

Received 114 Likes on 65 Posts

The side that keeps turning off randomly is the right hand side (RHD Car on Drivers Side)

I have just tried swapping out the bulbs from each side. I put drivers side one in the passengers side one and vice versa. I also disconnected the battery and everything reset ( I did this just incase the ballast has a mind of its own, i thought it might clear out any thing it holds on the bulb)

The outcome is still the same, the same drivers side bulb still turns off.

I then put my OEM Phillips 4300K ones back in and they work perfectly without any issues.

I am really confused now as to why exactly this is happening. One thing i noticed is that the connector on the side that gives me the problem seems to go in very easily on the XenonDepot bulb (like it doesnt feel like its compressing in nicely into the connector) and when i put the phillips bulb in it feels much tighter. I dont know if this has anything to do with it. If so why? is the connector fitting really nice and tight on the phillips bulb and not on the XD bulb?

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Old 12-07-08, 07:17 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^ do you have the AFS feature on your car? mine also only did it on the drivers side and I always wondered if that feature had anything to do with the issue?
Old 12-07-08, 07:37 AM
ahmed24
Intermediate

Received 114 Likes on 65 Posts

Yes i do have AFS but i dont know if that has anything to do with it. It might have. But the strange thing is why does it only happen to that side and how come it doesnt happen on the Stock OEM Phillips
Old 12-07-08, 08:02 AM
mctuners
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always keep a set of OEM Philips bulbs in my trunk along with proper tool to replace bulbs just in case my 6000K bulbs go bad.
I don't think higher kelvin rated bulbs have more lighting output, but you are probably talking about the color because OEM Philips bulbs have the most lighting output but with ugly yellowish tint.
Old 12-07-08, 08:26 AM
dpham
Driver

I bought a set last month and it happen the first week I got it. I talked to xenon depot and they said they found that the problem was not with the ballast but with the bulb something about the ballast isn't reading the bulb or something like that and they have a new batch waiting to come in.
Old 12-07-08, 09:01 AM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

Ahmed, I had the same problem. got a ticket for it too -_- ripped out those P.O.S. bulbs and slapped the OEM 4300k back in.. and no more issues!

I guess we should try another brand?
Old 12-07-08, 10:40 AM
USB_F
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am having the same problem with my XenonDepot passenger side bulb. Every once in a while, my bulb will just randomly go out and I have to turn off the lights then turn them on again. I do have AFS as well. I will probably email Steve to see if I can get a new bulb.

Oh, and I've had my bulbs since May and this just started happening.
Old 12-08-08, 10:03 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Hi,

We are aware that there are some problems with the D4 bulbs. If you look at the website, the D4 bulbs have been temporarily removed until we get our newly designed bulbs in stock (which will be in approx 1.5 weeks). I sincerely do apologize for any hassle/aggravation that you may have experienced as a result of flickering however I also want to assure you that we will stand behind our product. I am pretty confident in saying that that we have taken care of literally every single customer that has experienced a problem with these bulbs (that has contacted us). While there have been a few people on this board that have complained about flickering problems I also want to clarify that we have sold hundreds of these bulbs to people that have not had problems. I do want to clarify that the problem does not actually lie with the bulb itself in terms of quality. The problem is that the OEM Denso ballast is sensitive to aftermarket bulbs and as a result it throws an error code (flickering). This problem is not isolated just to our bulbs. We deal with many manufacturer and i know for a fact that many of them are experiencing a similar problem. We do have a fix for this issue though that will 100% work. However, my new batch of bulbs has not arrived as of yet. I have also advised any CL member that has contacted me lately about getting D4 bulbs to hold off on ordering these bulbs until our new shipment.
Steve
Old 12-08-08, 10:28 AM
jns350
Lexus Champion

^^^^^^^^
thats how you stand behind your product...give Steve a chance to address this issue...its seems they are aware of this problem and have a solution for it...
Old 12-08-08, 12:07 PM
USB_F
Pole Position

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
Hi,

We are aware that there are some problems with the D4 bulbs. If you look at the website, the D4 bulbs have been temporarily removed until we get our newly designed bulbs in stock (which will be in approx 1.5 weeks). I sincerely do apologize for any hassle/aggravation that you may have experienced as a result of flickering however I also want to assure you that we will stand behind our product. I am pretty confident in saying that that we have taken care of literally every single customer that has experienced a problem with these bulbs (that has contacted us). While there have been a few people on this board that have complained about flickering problems I also want to clarify that we have sold hundreds of these bulbs to people that have not had problems. I do want to clarify that the problem does not actually lie with the bulb itself in terms of quality. The problem is that the OEM Denso ballast is sensitive to aftermarket bulbs and as a result it throws an error code (flickering). This problem is not isolated just to our bulbs. We deal with many manufacturer and i know for a fact that many of them are experiencing a similar problem. We do have a fix for this issue though that will 100% work. However, my new batch of bulbs has not arrived as of yet. I have also advised any CL member that has contacted me lately about getting D4 bulbs to hold off on ordering these bulbs until our new shipment.
Steve
Thanks for your reply Steve.

Once you received your new shipment of bulbs, will you request buyers of the original D4s bulbs that are having problems like myself, to return the defective bulb? I'm posing this question since some of us may not have our stock 4300k bulbs anymore.

-Eric H
Old 12-08-08, 12:59 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Hi Eric,

Every situation is different. You will find that I am pretty easy to deal with and to work with.

Steve
Old 12-08-08, 01:02 PM
USB_F
Pole Position

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
Hi Eric,

Every situation is different. You will find that I am pretty easy to deal with and to work with.

Steve
Sounds good.

I will wait for the new batch to arrive.
Old 12-08-08, 01:55 PM
Spartan452
Driver School Candidate

Will the my.is discount still be given? I refunded my order for now and I'm going to buy you guys again after the new bulbs are instock
Old 12-08-08, 02:18 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Hey,

That won't be a problem. Just give me a heads up when you're ready to place an order.

Steve

Quick Reply: XenonDepot D4S Bulb problems second batch