IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

your opinion on rebuilt title... should i buy?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-08, 10:37 PM
Mister T
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IS350LOVER
...i guess i'll wait, and in the mean time just save and buy coilovers,rims,lx mode grill and Toms bodykit that way the car will stay stock for about a week
...and im stuck on SGM or SFP
I like your thinking here don't settle, get exact what you want, it will be worth the wait...and Tom's looks better on SFP and that's coming from a SGM owner I might add

Last edited by Mister T; 12-16-08 at 10:41 PM.
Old 12-17-08, 02:30 PM
Low Life
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya iver heard the toms kit looks best on lighter colors, but i would love to see some pics of it on SGM, but ive searched forever, anyone out there have any pics of it on a SGM??
Old 12-17-08, 02:42 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

it's ok for theft recovery if you plan to drive the car until the wheels fall off.....otherwise it's not worth it...
Old 12-17-08, 02:47 PM
Mister T
Lexus Champion

ya iver heard the toms kit looks best on lighter colors, but i would love to see some pics of it on SGM, but ive searched forever, anyone out there have any pics of it on a SGM??
Check out this links of bodykits thread for member examples.
Old 12-17-08, 03:08 PM
Low Life
Pole Position

that was the first thread i checked, no pics..
also looked through 120+pages of "post your aftermarket wheels thread"
Old 12-17-08, 03:18 PM
datplayaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

SGM is a very hot color, i originally wanted a IS350 in that color but somehow I ended up with Obsidian
Old 12-17-08, 03:32 PM
Ryeno
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister T
I like your thinking here don't settle, get exact what you want, it will be worth the wait...
I agree. It took me like 3 months to find a sc300 5spd IN GOOD CONDITION. But it was worth it.

Also to the guy who said never buy used. If you know about car maintenance, are a good judge of character and have common sense; buying used itsnt that dangerous.

The 1st sc i saw didnt have a working battery in it. The owner drove up in a sc400. The clutch was very messed up, you could barely drive in 1st without stalling it.. The guy said he had his unlicenced friend replace the clutch. It was funny he told me, i am selling the car a bit cheeper because of the clutch, but its a minor issue and an easy fix. And i was like why dont you fix it then, and mark up the price. He had no answer. Obviously i didnt buy that car. Once he got back into the car, he got all the way up to 4th gear in the SUBS.

My current sc was bought from the 2nd owner. Who sold it because his wife was pregant and he needs a family car. Oh and the 1st owner was his father.

Like i said it's all about common sense and being a good judge of character. Same would apply to buying salvaged cars. Inspect it, find out what happened, and most important find out if the seller is trustworthy.
Old 12-17-08, 03:40 PM
Mister T
Lexus Champion

I found some...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...in-hawaii.html
Old 12-17-08, 03:43 PM
asianrock
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryeno
I agree. It took me like 3 months to find a sc300 5spd IN GOOD CONDITION. But it was worth it.

Also to the guy who said never buy used. If you know about car maintenance, are a good judge of character and have common sense; buying used itsnt that dangerous.

The 1st sc i saw didnt have a working battery in it. The owner drove up in a sc400. The clutch was very messed up, you could barely drive in 1st without stalling it.. The guy said he had his unlicenced friend replace the clutch. It was funny he told me, i am selling the car a bit cheeper because of the clutch, but its a minor issue and an easy fix. And i was like why dont you fix it then, and mark up the price. He had no answer. Obviously i didnt buy that car. Once he got back into the car, he got all the way up to 4th gear in the SUBS.

My current sc was bought from the 2nd owner. Who sold it because his wife was pregant and he needs a family car. Oh and the 1st owner was his father.

Like i said it's all about common sense and being a good judge of character. Same would apply to buying salvaged cars. Inspect it, find out what happened, and most important find out if the seller is trustworthy.
About used cars... I feel sorry for the person who buys the one i sold to the dealer... it appeared to be in perfect condition and the dealer gave me 1k lower than the bluebook price, but it was in horrible shape... especially the engine it has been through a beating for 90% of my ownership since I tracked it quite a bit... and it has been in 2 crashes each costing excess of 10k...yet none of it was on the carfax report. I would never buy a used car unless I knew the owner personally.
Old 12-17-08, 03:54 PM
Low Life
Pole Position

thanks to everyone for the feedback, i will definetely wait and get one with a clean title, also will be purchasing from a private owner, just like Rhyno says, it is very important to know the last owner, so you can get a good idea how well maintained it was, and judge wether you think the previous owner had a led foot, and abused the car every time he took it out. or racing with the delayed paddle shifters resulting in bouncing off the rev limiter every gear

it sucks buying a used from a dealer, you have no idea who the last owner was, could have been some teenager that treated the car like trash.
Old 12-17-08, 04:16 PM
Low Life
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mister T
lol how did you find one so fast??? ive search every night for a long time,
i actually have that car saved on my computer along with about 80 other of my favorite ISx50s guess i should have just gone through my pics..