Search this Thread

Old 10-28-09, 09:24 AM
kdii02
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dubsesd
I have 18" versions on my daily.

[img]https://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii269/dubsesd_lucca/tttt.jpg[img/]
They look awesome man!!! I really want a set now!!
Old 10-28-09, 10:55 AM
eboot
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kdii02
I know I have to keep the rolling diameter as close as possible for the AWD. I'm just gonna do 19X8.5 all around and keep your tire size suggestions handy. Don't want any issues with the AWD but I'd like to have the g37 wheels on my car. Hopefully it will work out. I'd hope they work with our TPMS too?
I'm on Infinity M45 Sport wheels and the Lexus TPMS sensors fit just fine.
Old 10-28-09, 10:57 AM
kdii02
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eboot
I'm on Infinity M45 Sport wheels and the Lexus TPMS sensors fit just fine.
Cool! thanks for the info! Send me a pic of your car if you have one?
Old 11-06-09, 01:32 PM
eboot
Driver

Here's a crappy cell phone pic:

Old 11-06-09, 01:42 PM
LexusRuss
Pole Position

Originally Posted by eboot
Here's a crappy cell phone pic:

Wow, you're right - That is a crapy cell phone pic!
Old 11-06-09, 04:26 PM
quang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

wow... the M wheels look nice on the IS
Old 11-06-09, 05:38 PM
S to the K
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 19" stock G37 wheels look pretty good and have always caught my attention when I see a G37 coupe parked, but personally I would only go this route as a low cost alternative to aftermarket wheels like Volk or Work if the price was right.

However, I do think they look better than any stock Lexus wheel, including the 19" F-sports, but if they're pricey, it wouldn't be worth it.

What's the best pricing for the 19" G37 wheels and how much do they weigh?
Old 11-06-09, 06:23 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by quang
wow... the M wheels look nice on the IS
+1

Originally Posted by S to the K
The 19" stock G37 wheels look pretty good and have always caught my attention when I see a G37 coupe parked, but personally I would only go this route as a low cost alternative to aftermarket wheels like Volk or Work if the price was right.

However, I do think they look better than any stock Lexus wheel, including the 19" F-sports, but if they're pricey, it wouldn't be worth it.

considering that most similar-sized offerings from rays engineering or work are priced past the $2500 mark, these oem rims are very cost effective.

if you get the oem rays engineering 19" wheels (they have "forged" stamped on the outside lip of the rim), they weigh just as much as the 2is oem 18's if not lighter.

on the flip side, you will take some heat for running infiniti rims...

(i think i should know a thing or two about that. )
Old 11-06-09, 07:05 PM
S to the K
Pole Position

Originally Posted by projectdna
+1

considering that most similar-sized offerings from rays engineering or work are priced past the $2500 mark, these oem rims are very cost effective.

if you get the oem rays engineering 19" wheels (they have "forged" stamped on the outside lip of the rim), they weigh just as much as the 2is oem 18's if not lighter.

on the flip side, you will take some heat for running infiniti rims...

(i think i should know a thing or two about that. )

But what about the newer style 19" G37 wheels? Who makes them, weight, and how much?

These are the wheels I was referring to.
Attached Thumbnails Will G37 wheels fit?-infinitig37convertible.jpg  
Old 11-07-09, 12:56 PM
ernestfyu
Lead Lap

around $1000 for a set with good tires and tpms. if youre lucky, you can find a set of just rims for ~500. the g37 19" rims are much heavier than the g35 rays 19" rims. the g35 rays 19" rims are 19lbs front and 21lbs rear. the g37 ones should be at least 22lbs+ for each i would think they are around 25lbs though but i am not sure
Old 11-07-09, 05:14 PM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

Been there, done that!

Not only do they fit... they TUCK
Old 11-07-09, 05:18 PM
DaKi3241
Lead Lap

Aww someone is being so mean to the F-Sports

ahaha but yeah the g37 wheels look nice
Old 11-07-09, 06:35 PM
S to the K
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ernestfyu
around $1000 for a set with good tires and tpms. if youre lucky, you can find a set of just rims for ~500. the g37 19" rims are much heavier than the g35 rays 19" rims. the g35 rays 19" rims are 19lbs front and 21lbs rear. the g37 ones should be at least 22lbs+ for each i would think they are around 25lbs though but i am not sure
For real? If that's the case, they look like a winner to me! Are you talking about NEW wheels w/ tires + TPMS for $1000? Is this through the dealer or are you talking used? If so, I may seriously consider these wheels.

Anybody know who makes these wheels? I didn't come up with anything through a Google search.

I'm just tired of spending several G's for wheels & tires. I had Volks on my 97 Supra TT, and they cost an arm and a leg with tires. I want to avoid that this time around, especially since I don't plan on keeping my 350 too long.

Also, if even if they do weigh 22-25lbs, it's still lighter than the stock 18's at 28-30 lbs staggered. I'm down for that, if that's really true.

Anybody know who makes these wheels? I know Enkei make the stock Lexus 18's, but what about these?

Originally Posted by djkhanvict
Been there, done that!

Not only do they fit... they TUCK
Do you have the G37 19's on your car? If so, do you have any pics? Also, where did you buy them from and how's your experience with them? Any slack for having Infiniti wheels on a Lex? What did you do about the center caps?

Originally Posted by DaKi3241
Aww someone is being so mean to the F-Sports

ahaha but yeah the g37 wheels look nice
My fault player. I somewhat like the 19" Fsport wheels, just don't love them. I'm just not a personal fan of 5 star wheels. Not trying to hate, but to me 5 stars kinda have a 1990's vibe to it. It's my personal opinion so please no player hation for my personal preferences, for those who own these wheels please!

Also, I would prefer the wheels to be a regular silver color instead of the grayish look. But I do like the fact the the Fsports are forged, extremely lightweight and made by BBS. The performance aspect of those wheels are top notch, which is a major priority for me in choosing wheels.

And I've been looking and researching wheels what seems like forever!
Old 11-07-09, 09:40 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

^ you're unlikely to get the cheap through infiniti dealers. you'll have better luck if you search through infiniti/G35/G37 forums. they'll have come off a car, but if you look around enough you'll find a "used by in new condition" set for less than what the infiniti dealer will ask for them.
Old 11-07-09, 10:02 PM
DaKi3241
Lead Lap

My fault player. I somewhat like the 19" Fsport wheels, just don't love them. I'm just not a personal fan of 5 star wheels. Not trying to hate, but to me 5 stars kinda have a 1990's vibe to it. It's my personal opinion so please no player hation for my personal preferences, for those who own these wheels please!

Also, I would prefer the wheels to be a regular silver color instead of the grayish look. But I do like the fact the the Fsports are forged, extremely lightweight and made by BBS. The performance aspect of those wheels are top notch, which is a major priority for me in choosing wheels.

And I've been looking and researching wheels what seems like forever!
ahaha no offense taken thanks for the kind words!!

Quick Reply: Will G37 wheels fit?