IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Price quote for Lexus IS350 2009.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-08 | 03:35 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Contact the Internet Sales Manger (Gloria) at South Bay Lexus...!!!

Let her know Joe Z sent you...

There is no point of paying for a car to be shipped when there are tons of dealerships in SoCal (and CA in general)
Those are the only two Black / Black IS 350 Lux packages in the entire US.

No dealerships in California show as having one.
Old 12-16-08 | 03:43 PM
maharaja
Rookie

Originally Posted by kalvano
Those are the only two Black / Black IS 350 Lux packages in the entire US.

No dealerships in California show as having one.
I'm not too worried about waiting.. only thing is that I don't want get ripped off in a bad economy!
Old 12-16-08 | 05:45 PM
maharaja
Rookie

For option 1, the internet sales manager said that he'll try to workout the deal to $1250 instead of $1500 over invoice at best if I can come to the dealership to test drive the car. I told him that I'm only willing to buy it if he gives $1250 over invoice. So lets see what happens this weekend!
Old 12-16-08 | 09:27 PM
maharaja
Rookie

BTW, How much should I be paying for an OEM spoiler?
Old 12-16-08 | 09:43 PM
Mister T
Lexus Champion

Not more than $200 since you get get it for less than that from our vendors.
Old 12-16-08 | 09:47 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Most IS's should be sellin at or below invoice at this point. Remember Lexus is enticing dealerships with rebates and kickbacks right now. Many of which may not be advertised. They could sell you one at invoice and still make a considerable profit. Check Edmunds.com for the lowdown on specials. Also, pit your local dealerships against each other. Sticking with one dealer will not lead you to the lowest price. Make them sweat it out with each other and you'll save money.
Good luck!
Old 12-16-08 | 10:08 PM
maharaja
Rookie

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Most IS's should be sellin at or below invoice at this point. Remember Lexus is enticing dealerships with rebates and kickbacks right now. Many of which may not be advertised. They could sell you one at invoice and still make a considerable profit. Check Edmunds.com for the lowdown on specials. Also, pit your local dealerships against each other. Sticking with one dealer will not lead you to the lowest price. Make them sweat it out with each other and you'll save money.
Good luck!
I think this is easier said than done.. there are three dealers here and none of them are willing to beat the other dealers prices.. all they say is "in that case we're not interested - good luck with your purchase from xxx dealer".. This is especially hard for IS350 2009.
Old 12-16-08 | 10:08 PM
maharaja
Rookie

How much did you guys pay for your iPod integration?
Old 12-16-08 | 10:10 PM
maharaja
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mister T
Not more than $200 since you get get it for less than that from our vendors.
You mean OEM spoiler from Lexus will be more than $200? If yes, how much is it? If they don't negotiate my price in the end, I'll ask them to throw in a spoiler, otherwise I will just walk out till they negotiate to the price I want! haha... time to mess around!
Old 12-16-08 | 10:16 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

There aren't any specials on 2009 models, only on 2008's.

And a Lux package 350 is not impossible to find, but difficult. It will command more money due to scarcity.
Old 12-16-08 | 10:19 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by maharaja
I think this is easier said than done.. there are three dealers here and none of them are willing to beat the other dealers prices.. all they say is "in that case we're not interested - good luck with your purchase from xxx dealer".. This is especially hard for IS350 2009.
I had to tell a guy that today. He wanted to start at invoice on an 09 LS.

The odd part is he refused to get off the phone with me. Most people, when I tell them no like that, can't wait to hang up. He just kept talking and talking. It was weird.
Old 12-16-08 | 10:21 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by maharaja
I feel your pain.
One other option is to wait it out a few more months. The longer you go in the model year, the better the rates and deals get. The 2009's have only been out for two months, to they are still relatively "fresh." February is traditionally a good month.
Old 12-16-08 | 10:27 PM
maharaja
Rookie

I feel your pain.
One other option is to wait it out a few more months. The longer you go in the model year, the better the rates and deals get. The 2009's have only been out for two months, to they are still relatively "fresh." February is traditionally a good month.
I see what you're saying, but I've heard that it's hard to negotiate on IS350s with Luxury pkg. due to their scarcity and are usually specially ordered.. I'm currently getting $1500 above invoice (i.e. $3353 off MSRP).. What do you think about this deal?

Thanks
Old 12-16-08 | 10:41 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

It disturbs me whenever any dealer makes a lot off a customer who wants something nice. (Why should someone be punished for wanting something decent?). But supply and demand tactics run this arena, so I guess you are stuck with the $1500 above invoice. I think I am spoiled here in L.A. where you can pit twenty dealerships against each other.
Good luck!
Old 12-16-08 | 10:51 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

It disturbs me whenever any dealer makes a lot off a customer who wants something nice. (Why should someone be punished for wanting something decent?). But supply and demand tactics run this arena, so I guess you are stuck with the $1500 above invoice. I think I am spoiled here in L.A. where you can pit twenty dealerships against each other.
Good luck!
It disturbs you that someone in business makes a profit?

Welcome to the real world. Dealerships aren't charities.

By the way, if you don't like it when people make money on you, don't ever buy anything ever again.

Quick Reply: Price quote for Lexus IS350 2009.