IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Price quote for Lexus IS350 2009.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-08, 11:01 PM
maharaja
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
It disturbs me whenever any dealer makes a lot off a customer who wants something nice. (Why should someone be punished for wanting something decent?). But supply and demand tactics run this arena, so I guess you are stuck with the $1500 above invoice. I think I am spoiled here in L.A. where you can pit twenty dealerships against each other.
Good luck!
You're lucky that way!
Old 12-16-08, 11:07 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

What my point was is this dealership would be making thousands and thousands off this one person's deal. Is that fair? I don't think so. I don't know about you, but I've got better things to be throwing my money at. A few hundred bucks above sticker is more than fair and enough profit to pay dealer overhead. Anything else is taking advantage of a person and of a situation. And that is not even considering the kickbacks and holdback the dealer is getting from Lexus that we will never know about.
The auto selling business has consistantly been a hidden, lying, withholding, scheming, planned-out, pressured, and disguised practice that takes advantage of the general public. People taking advantage of someone is not cool in my book, sorry.
Old 12-16-08, 11:12 PM
Nok99
Rookie

I got mine for only $400ish off which came out to be $45,200 including fees...the negotiation was dragging way too much...I got kinda tired of driving almost 2 hours for negotiation each week. I tried calling the other dealer which was about a 40-45 min drive longer but too bad both dealerships were owned by the same guy.
Old 12-17-08, 01:09 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

since the 2009's just came out invoice pricing i dont think will happen. i couldnt even get invoice pricing on a 2009 when i bought a 2008. the salesguy i bought it from was the dealers fleet manager and other members of my family had bought cars from him before. on the flip side of things even if the dealer sells for a very low price they will make it all up when you go in for services or parts.
Old 12-17-08, 08:04 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
What my point was is this dealership would be making thousands and thousands off this one person's deal. Is that fair? I don't think so. I don't know about you, but I've got better things to be throwing my money at. A few hundred bucks above sticker is more than fair and enough profit to pay dealer overhead. Anything else is taking advantage of a person and of a situation. And that is not even considering the kickbacks and holdback the dealer is getting from Lexus that we will never know about.
The auto selling business has consistantly been a hidden, lying, withholding, scheming, planned-out, pressured, and disguised practice that takes advantage of the general public. People taking advantage of someone is not cool in my book, sorry.
Collectively we have all fallen into this 'fair' concept. Well, life isn't fair. Life is a series of decisions, some are more fair than others. If you don't think your Lexus dealer should make more than a couple of hundred bucks off the sale, than go shop somewhere else. I'm sure your local Ford or GM dealership will be glad to work with you. The Japanese business model is built on a concept of quality and long term value, completely opposite to the US model. Lexus is not going to blow cars out the door at bargain prices; they don't have to.

Other posters who say an IS350 can consistently be bought at invoice price or below are living in a fantasy world. There would be some isolated instances in high volume areas when this may occur (CA) but most of us live in areas where there are no more than two or three dealers we can shop at. And often there is only one dealer. This is another concept of the Japanese, don't oversaturate the landscape with dealers. There are only 200+ Lexus dealers in the US which does keep retail prices higher, but it also supports the long term value of the purchase. In the end the dealer makes a nice profit, and the purchaser has a high quality vehicle that will last a long time and hold its value better than others. If you don't like that concept, check out your local Kia dealer.
Old 12-17-08, 11:24 AM
maharaja
Rookie

Okay, more updates...

The best price quote for a special order that I have got so far for an IS350 2009 with luxury pkg. w/ 18 inch wheels and Nav/ML audio is: invoice + $950, i.e. $39777+$950 = $40727. This requires a non-refundable down payment of $2K though.

What do you guys think about this deal? Should I pull it off?

Thanks for helping me decide!
Old 12-17-08, 12:02 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by maharaja
Okay, more updates...

The best price quote for a special order that I have got so far for an IS350 2009 with luxury pkg. w/ 18 inch wheels and Nav/ML audio is: invoice + $950, i.e. $39777+$950 = $40727. This requires a non-refundable down payment of $2K though.

That sounds like a fair price. But make sure your dealer knows how to special order a vehicle. Some dealers have been clueless how to do a true special order. You want a firm order put in for your vehicle to be built to your specs, and NOT for them to just put out a search for such a vehicle in the Lexus pool of incoming shipments. People have been burned before and have lost many, many months while the dealers flounder and sometimes lie as to the status of the 'order'. Do a search for more info. Ask lots of questions of the dealer to be convinced they know what they are doing. I always hesitate about putting down a non-refundable deposit. What happens if they screw up the order or don't perform?
Old 12-17-08, 12:08 PM
maharaja
Rookie

Originally Posted by Evitzee
That sounds like a fair price. But make sure your dealer knows how to special order a vehicle. Some dealers have been clueless how to do a true special order. You want a firm order put in for your vehicle to be built to your specs, and NOT for them to just put out a search for such a vehicle in the Lexus pool of incoming shipments. People have been burned before and have lost many, many months while the dealers flounder and sometimes lie as to the status of the 'order'. Do a search for more info. Ask lots of questions of the dealer to be convinced they know what they are doing. I always hesitate about putting down a non-refundable deposit. What happens if they screw up the order or don't perform?
I'll ask them the same question 'what happens if you mess up the order?'... can you elaborate more on why they would do this? I don't see this happening if you give them the specs clearly and if they print out all the info, then you can verify and match the specs when the car arrives... maybe it does happen to one in every hundred cars or so.. that would be really bad if Lexus does something like this...
Old 12-17-08, 12:12 PM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

That's why you get everything in writing before you put down a non-refundable deposit. Be smart
Old 12-17-08, 12:16 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,062 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Okay, more updates...

Not bad.. better than my 08 deal.

Sounds more like:
Dealer Invoice + $950 + Tax,Title & Lic Fees = Final Out the Door Price

If the dealer is giving you this deal thats pretty good..
All Deposits are Refundable by Law...
Sounds like this is not the person I reffered you.

However, its Not really a big deal as long as you are 100% comitted to buying the "Special Order"..

Ex. - I gave a $500 Fully Refundable Deposit when I placed my 2008 IS350 Special Order

Joe Z
Old 12-17-08, 12:26 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

I'll ask them the same question 'what happens if you mess up the order?'... can you elaborate more on why they would do this? I don't see this happening if you give them the specs clearly and if they print out all the info, then you can verify and match the specs when the car arrives... maybe it does happen to one in every hundred cars or so.. that would be really bad if Lexus does something like this...
You can start with this thread by BucBaby and read about her travails before she finally figured out what the dealer was doing. Just do your due diligence.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-be-right.html
Old 12-17-08, 01:11 PM
maharaja
Rookie

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Not bad.. better than my 08 deal.

Sounds more like:
Dealer Invoice + $950 + Tax,Title & Lic Fees = Final Out the Door Price

If the dealer is giving you this deal thats pretty good..
All Deposits are Refundable by Law...
Sounds like this is not the person I reffered you.

However, its Not really a big deal as long as you are 100% comitted to buying the "Special Order"..

Ex. - I gave a $500 Fully Refundable Deposit when I placed my 2008 IS350 Special Order

Joe Z
Thanks for your help man! BTW, this is not the same person you referred me...I'm going to get this car from a dealer in San Diego!
Old 12-17-08, 01:12 PM
maharaja
Rookie

Originally Posted by rogers2
That's why you get everything in writing before you put down a non-refundable deposit. Be smart
I will do that now since you mentioned!
Old 12-17-08, 01:12 PM
maharaja
Rookie

Originally Posted by Evitzee
You can start with this thread by BucBaby and read about her travails before she finally figured out what the dealer was doing. Just do your due diligence.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-be-right.html
Sure, will definitely go over it later in the day and might have some more questions Thanks!!
Old 12-17-08, 01:38 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,062 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Sure, will definitely go over it later in the day and might have some more questions Thanks!!
You will appreciate this thread too....

Southern CA, IS350 Shopping Experience (from Spring 2007)

Quick Reply: Price quote for Lexus IS350 2009.