Price quote for Lexus IS350 2009.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-08, 01:49 PM
maharaja
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
You will appreciate this thread too....

Southern CA, IS350 Shopping Experience (from Spring 2007)
haha, that's a lot of interesting stuff to read and will do so in the evening today! I'll get everything in writing from my dealership that if they mess up my order, then they have to re-fund. Otherwise, I'm just going to walk out and is totally unacceptable. If they hesitate to write such a document, that means they have a tendency to mess up!
Thanks for forwarding me all this info!
Old 12-17-08, 01:56 PM
maharaja
Rookie

My car has everything except the iPod integration kit.. so when I asked my dealership they said they'll charge $750 bucks to have it ordered and installed. Can I have it installed from factory when I place my special order? It looks too expensive to me.. how much should I be paying?
Old 12-17-08, 02:20 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Collectively we have all fallen into this 'fair' concept. Well, life isn't fair. Life is a series of decisions, some are more fair than others. If you don't think your Lexus dealer should make more than a couple of hundred bucks off the sale, than go shop somewhere else. I'm sure your local Ford or GM dealership will be glad to work with you. The Japanese business model is built on a concept of quality and long term value, completely opposite to the US model. Lexus is not going to blow cars out the door at bargain prices; they don't have to.

Other posters who say an IS350 can consistently be bought at invoice price or below are living in a fantasy world. There would be some isolated instances in high volume areas when this may occur (CA) but most of us live in areas where there are no more than two or three dealers we can shop at. And often there is only one dealer. This is another concept of the Japanese, don't oversaturate the landscape with dealers. There are only 200+ Lexus dealers in the US which does keep retail prices higher, but it also supports the long term value of the purchase. In the end the dealer makes a nice profit, and the purchaser has a high quality vehicle that will last a long time and hold its value better than others. If you don't like that concept, check out your local Kia dealer.

Good points, but it's a geographical thing. That business model gets thrown out the door when luxury cars (and the IS) are a dime a dozen in cities like L.A.. Competition has produced this situation and there are plenty of IS's to go around here. Where these high volume dealerships make their money is in the service department. My last visit there revealed a zoo-like atmosphere. It was a constant stream of cars coming in and leaving with about twenty manned booths all being utilized. Quite a site.
Old 12-17-08, 02:21 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,062 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by maharaja
My car has everything except the iPod integration kit.. so when I asked my dealership they said they'll charge $750 bucks to have it ordered and installed. Can I have it installed from factory when I place my special order? It looks too expensive to me.. how much should I be paying?
Thats a rip off!!!

The Lexus I-Pod integration kit can be port installed. for roughly $499 MSRP.. I beleive.. ( have to recheck this number for 09's)

Last edited by Joe Z; 12-17-08 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-17-08, 02:28 PM
maharaja
Rookie

Thats a rip off!!!

The Lexus I-Pod integration kit can be port installed. for roughly $299 MSRP.. I beleive..
For real man! that for sure looked like a rip-off...I've asked my dealer about this again and lets see what they say. So far everything looks good and I'm looking to close the deal this coming weekend.

I have to say that this forum is very active and everyone is really helpful!
Old 12-17-08, 02:34 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

For real man! that for sure looked like a rip-off...I've asked my dealer about this again and lets see what they say. So far everything looks good and I'm looking to close the deal this coming weekend.

I have to say that this forum is very active and everyone is really helpful!
I edited my post.. so you may want to edit your post with my quote in it... Untill I can get better clarification.

Jz
Old 12-17-08, 02:38 PM
maharaja
Rookie

I edited my post.. so you may want to edit your post with my quote in it... Untill I can get better clarification.

Jz
I think it is still $299 since one dude who just bought an 2009 IS350 sent me a pvt. message that he had it installed for around $299 as well....still waiting on dealer's response, god knows what the dealer was thinking before, $750!!!
Old 12-17-08, 02:48 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

I think it is still $299 since one dude who just bought an 2009 IS350 sent me a pvt. message that he had it installed for around $299 as well....still waiting on dealer's response, god knows what the dealer was thinking before, $750!!!
$299 is the Accessory / MSRP Price at the Lexus parts counter.

Having it Port Installed and working it into the Whole Price & Deal, might work out better for you...

Joe Z
Old 12-17-08, 03:04 PM
maharaja
Rookie

$299 is the Accessory / MSRP Price at the Lexus parts counter.

Having it Port Installed and working it into the Whole Price & Deal, might work out better for you...

Joe Z
cool
My dealer replied "If we can order that way we will, we don't know what it will be like when the car comes in, if not we will install here for between $600 and $700. Thank you.".......

Don't know what he completely means by this. I asked him to clarify the part when he says 'we don't know what it......'
Old 12-17-08, 04:42 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

^^ Yeah it can be a Port Installed Option... Work it into your deal...
Old 12-17-08, 09:08 PM
maharaja
Rookie

You will appreciate this thread too....

Southern CA, IS350 Shopping Experience (from Spring 2007)
I'm glad things worked out for you and I'm sure you must have learned a lot after this experience! very helpful post though...
Old 12-17-08, 10:03 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

If you are going to special order one, do the Lexus one. It's about $300 and works the same as the one the dealership is going to put in.
Old 12-17-08, 11:01 PM
maharaja
Rookie

Originally Posted by kalvano
If you are going to special order one, do the Lexus one. It's about $300 and works the same as the one the dealership is going to put in.
Sure will be checking it up with the dealer.
Old 12-18-08, 01:15 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont forget that carson toyota is the place to go for a lot of parts including the infamous "joe Z" intake pipe. the invoice plus 950 is pretty damn good.
Old 12-18-08, 01:32 AM
maharaja
Rookie

Originally Posted by AM1
dont forget that carson toyota is the place to go for a lot of parts including the infamous "joe Z" intake pipe. the invoice plus 950 is pretty damn good.
Thanks I'm looking to close the deal this coming weekend... will keep you all posted.

Quick Reply: Price quote for Lexus IS350 2009.