IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Price quote for Lexus IS350 2009.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-08, 07:56 PM
Lenscap
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted this in another thread: Last month I decided to special order a 2009 IS350. My family has bought three Lexuses in the past several years from the same salesman at the same dealer. They have always matched the lowest price received from other nearby dealers. Now, I went to order the 350. Two other dealers near me were willing to give $5000 off list. I go back to my regular dealer and my salesman says they can't come close to that much off. So, they bring out the sales manager, who is new. He says the most they can go is $2000 off list. I tell him how we are loyal dealership customers and he does not care. He says each deal needs to be made on its own merit and that it means nothing that we bought past cars from this dealer. I'm willing to give him a few hundred more than the other dealers so I can buy the car from him, but he won't budge. $2000 off list or no deal. So, I ordered the car from another dealer, for $5000 off list, who was more than pleasant work with. I think this new sales manager needs to put a little more effort in keeping loyal customers. I did not ask him to beat any price, simply match it (or, as I said, I'd even give him a little more). I was shocked that this dealer let me walk after all the business we've given them over the years.
Old 12-18-08, 07:58 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Talk is cheap, I bet if you went back to the other dealers the $5,000 discount would magically disappear.
Old 12-18-08, 08:09 PM
Lenscap
Driver

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Talk is cheap, I bet if you went back to the other dealers the $5,000 discount would magically disappear.
Perhaps you didn't read my entire post. The other dealer did give me the $5,000 off. I have a confirmation the order was placed.
Old 12-18-08, 09:10 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lenscap
Perhaps you didn't read my entire post. The other dealer did give me the $5,000 off. I have a confirmation the order was placed.
I stand corrected. Let us know how the whole experience winds up.
Old 12-18-08, 11:16 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

Thats great....

Can you elaborate the flipslide of the deal???

For example:
Are you getting it for Dealer Invoice + $500 Over, plus fees ?? etc.. etc...

My 2008 Special Order IS350 had a dealer Invoice of $39,673 and an MSRP of $45,162
Old 12-19-08, 06:21 AM
Lenscap
Driver

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Thats great....

Can you elaborate the flipslide of the deal???

For example:
Are you getting it for Dealer Invoice + $500 Over, plus fees ?? etc.. etc...

My 2008 Special Order IS350 had a dealer Invoice of $39,673 and an MSRP of $45,162
I went back and reviewed the numbers. It looks like I got about $4,700 off list (not a full $5,000). MSRP was $45,904 and invoice was $40,147. I paid $1,100 over invoice not counting taxes, fees, etc. In addition, I also have a $750 certificate from Taste of Lexus.

Back when I was negotiating I went to five different dealers. This was the best price I was able to get (I got the same deal from another dealer as well).
Old 12-19-08, 08:26 AM
RA052624
Driver

I went back and reviewed the numbers. It looks like I got about $4,700 off list (not a full $5,000). MSRP was $45,904 and invoice was $40,147. I paid $1,100 over invoice not counting taxes, fees, etc. In addition, I also have a $750 certificate from Taste of Lexus.

Back when I was negotiating I went to five different dealers. This was the best price I was able to get (I got the same deal from another dealer as well).

Doesn't your Taste of Lexus certificate expire on 12/31/08? I know mine does and it clearly states that you must take delivery on or before that date. My dealer was able to get Lexus Corp to approve the use of the certificate for my car when it arrives in January.
Old 12-19-08, 09:01 AM
Lenscap
Driver

Originally Posted by cmai
Doesn't your Taste of Lexus certificate expire on 12/31/08? I know mine does and it clearly states that you must take delivery on or before that date. My dealer was able to get Lexus Corp to approve the use of the certificate for my car when it arrives in January.
My certificate expires 4/5/09. So I hope there's no delay and the car comes in before then (it's been on order about 5-6 weeks already).

Glad to see corporate was able to let you still use the certificate after the expiration. We bought a GS 350 a few years ago and used a certificate that expired 12/31. The car came in January, but the dealer saw the car was inbound with a VIN and put on the paperwork that we took delivery on 12/31 even though we really picked it up in early January.

Last edited by Lenscap; 12-19-08 at 09:04 AM.
Old 12-19-08, 09:47 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Now that is a Very Good Deal this early in the year for a very nicely equipped 2009 IS350!!!!

Joe Z
Old 12-19-08, 10:57 AM
Lenscap
Driver

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Now that is a Very Good Deal this early in the year for a very nicely equipped 2009 IS350!!!!

Joe Z
Thanks! I'm very excited and can't wait for the car.
Old 12-19-08, 02:20 PM
maharaja
Rookie

Thanks! I'm very excited and can't wait for the car.
I haven't even ordered the car and I'm already excited.. Will be placing an order in the weekend at the dealership.

You got a very good deal! congrats
Old 12-19-08, 04:47 PM
maharaja
Rookie

More updates...
The lowest price I've been able to get is invoice + $600 now from Newport Lexus. However, I'm still going with the deal that I got (invoice + $950) simply because the other dealership is kinda far (about 80 miles) and I don't want to make multiple trips down there first to sign up papers and then to pick up the car later and I guess I'll be burning and spending money on fuel. Plus the first time I drive my car back home, I don't want to drive too much on highway since I'm planning of getting the clear bra thing.... but just wanted to let you guys know!

My closest dealer is not willing to beat that price though under any circumstances.

Last edited by maharaja; 12-19-08 at 04:53 PM.
Old 12-20-08, 07:36 AM
Jefe's IS
Pole Position

As far as the iPod integration. First you have many aftermarket options such as VAIS. The factory iPod will not work w/ the factory Sat. radio. One or the other.

On my deal I worked out the best price I could. When working out my trade they couldn't come close so I started to sway. I knew they wouldn't give me any more on the trade so I took it off the table and stated I would buy the car at their final price if they added XM or Sirius. Off to ask the sales mgr. and they agreed. I was pretty sure they would throw in the Sat. to close the deal. I'm sure their cost is minimal compared to list. This included install.
Old 12-20-08, 12:36 PM
Evonam
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by maharaja
More updates...
The lowest price I've been able to get is invoice + $600 now from Newport Lexus. However, I'm still going with the deal that I got (invoice + $950) simply because the other dealership is kinda far (about 80 miles) and I don't want to make multiple trips down there first to sign up papers and then to pick up the car later and I guess I'll be burning and spending money on fuel. Plus the first time I drive my car back home, I don't want to drive too much on highway since I'm planning of getting the clear bra thing.... but just wanted to let you guys know!

My closest dealer is not willing to beat that price though under any circumstances.
So what will the final tally be if I may ask with everything out the door? I am shopping around for an 09 too and I am curious... thanks
Old 12-21-08, 04:58 AM
maharaja
Rookie

Originally Posted by Evonam
So what will the final tally be if I may ask with everything out the door? I am shopping around for an 09 too and I am curious... thanks
After much efforts, I finally ended up getting invoice + $200... I spent the whole day at the dealership... invoice was $39977 with iPod adapter... So the car is special ordered and will arrive in about 18 weeks!!! I'll post back later as I'm kind of tired now...

Thanks for everyone who helped me here!

Quick Reply: Price quote for Lexus IS350 2009.