IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Price quote for Lexus IS350 2009.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-08, 12:20 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

invoice plus 200?????? damn thats good. did you get it in writing so they cant go back on the deal when the car gets here?
Old 12-21-08, 09:15 PM
maharaja
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AM1
invoice plus 200?????? damn thats good. did you get it in writing so they cant go back on the deal when the car gets here?
Yes, I did that and that's why I had to sit there for hours and it was so annoying... I have an official document that they can't back out or change the invoice, otherwise my deposit is refundable.
Old 01-19-09, 09:32 PM
gocubs08
Pole Position

anyone else get pricing on a 09" 350 lately? This thread has been quiet for awhile. Still trying to decide on a pending deal I have in Phoenix, Invoice plus 1k. hmmm..
Old 01-19-09, 09:39 PM
Dema
Pole Position

Push a dealer to get at least invoice. Economy isn't food to have high price.
Old 01-24-09, 12:41 PM
Gus738
Driver

What should be a price i should expect for an 09 is 350? some say around 38 OTD? i want hid and navi is welcome too, Black exterior.

Joe z what do you think gloria can do?

in close to san jose/ sacreamento.
Old 03-02-09, 03:55 PM
aceyou
Driver

anyone get price quotes recently???
Old 03-03-09, 11:20 AM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Ace, from the 4 or 5 times you ask the same question in a 10 minute span, it seems like you are terrified of the dealer and the whole car buying process in general.

I assume you are in the LA area. There are a million dealers around you. Send out some emails to dealers around you from a junkmail account and see what they come back with. Be sure to specify the exact car and options you want, unlike your current questions which don't even say if you want a 250 or 350.

Once you get a quote, decide if it's something you can commit to, or make a counteroffer that you are willing to commit to. Discuss it back here if you are unsure. That would be more productive than asking, "anybody get a price quote lately?"
Old 03-05-09, 12:34 PM
aceyou
Driver

I am doing preliminary research for a friend, so I didn't really want to contact dealers. Yes, I'm researching a 2009 IS350 with Navigation. It seems like you also have to purchase 18" Alloys, HID headlights, Premium package when you buy Nav.

There's a lot of different threads, so there's no harm in asking a question on what people have been quoted. However, thank you for the advice sirkfc.
Old 03-05-09, 02:00 PM
sestan
Driver School Candidate

I just picked up an '09 250, but I was curious at the dealership about 350's (this is at Cerritos Lexus in SoCal). They quoted me $500 over invoice for the 350 (black on black at the time)
Old 03-06-09, 09:25 PM
Gus738
Driver

and what is the invoice??? $500 bucks for profit over cost is a great deal!
Old 03-07-09, 10:03 AM
Cardude
Driver School Candidate

$500 above invoice is a good deal. Keep in mind that invoice is not the same as dealer cost. Dealer cost is usually lower due to agreements between manufacturer and dealer such as holdback. There can also be additional manufacturer to dealer incentives that are not advertised to the customer that further reduce dealer cost. True dealer cost is probably the most difficult figure to determine accurately. So , while $500 above invoice is a good deal don't believe that invoice=cost. It almost never does.
Old 03-08-09, 12:38 AM
Gus738
Driver

correction~ thanks but yeah im intrested in knowing whats over invoice? is it hid plus nav?
Old 03-08-09, 08:12 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardude
$500 above invoice is a good deal. Keep in mind that invoice is not the same as dealer cost. Dealer cost is usually lower due to agreements between manufacturer and dealer such as holdback. There can also be additional manufacturer to dealer incentives that are not advertised to the customer that further reduce dealer cost. True dealer cost is probably the most difficult figure to determine accurately. So , while $500 above invoice is a good deal don't believe that invoice=cost. It almost never does.
All true, but this part of his 'profit' is not usually touchable by the consumer. The dealer has to make some money in the deal, otherwise they'll go the way of Plymouth and Oldsmobile. The published invoice price is usually the best you can ever obtain unless the dealer is in dire consequences or just has to make a sale to meet quotas. It happens, but don't count on it.
Old 03-08-09, 10:43 AM
Cardude
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Evitzee
All true, but this part of his 'profit' is not usually touchable by the consumer. The dealer has to make some money in the deal, otherwise they'll go the way of Plymouth and Oldsmobile. The published invoice price is usually the best you can ever obtain unless the dealer is in dire consequences or just has to make a sale to meet quotas. It happens, but don't count on it.
I agree. Dealers are entitled to profit on the sale. And $500 above invoice or invoice pricing is a very good deal for the buyer. I just wanted to point out that even at invoice the dealer is usually able to take a profit. I also agree that below invoice pricing is rare and nobody should expect the dealer to sell the car at or below the true cost. It is unreasonable to expect that.
However, according to edmunds there is a substantial manufacturer to dealer cash rebate (marketing support) of $4000 on the 2008 IS350 (substantially lowering dealer cost). This is the kind of thing that can allow a dealer to sell below invoice and not unreasonably erode profit. There does not appear to be any such rebate for the 2009 models (according to edmunds). So pushing the dealer below invoice in some cases is reasonable depending on what kind agreements are in place between the manufacturer and the dealer. But those agreements are not always easily ascertainable.
Old 03-08-09, 05:21 PM
Gus738
Driver

ok so what is the invoice???

Quick Reply: Price quote for Lexus IS350 2009.