IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

First Pics: 07 350

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-08, 08:14 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Little E
With those side mirrors (and the car being from Chicago), I think you bought Mike's (Passnu2) IS350. Congrats!
Erin is on the ball and right on!!!

Originally Posted by passnu2
yes indeed that is my old car take good care of her lol...

unless they took it out you will still have the Passnu2 brake overlay (3rd brake light in the car)...I was hoping to see it on the streets of Chicago to see who got my car not that the side turn signals dont give it away but many have that now so not as unique as it once was. I also left the red outs and also the smoke overlay on the reflectors.

Yes I took almost everything off the car to trade it in and you have, for the most part, put it right back. I had the same exhaust on it. I had to remove the tint from the front windows

Front grill looks much better painted, I wanted to do that and never got around to it.

If you are a DIY I used mobile 1 synthetic oil if you want to stick with what I used or not.

Welcome to CL and good luck with the car and the future mods
Mike did take great care of this garage kept car. We were going to remove the signal mirrors, but your benefit. We did the fancy brakes as well. Even changed the pads with better ones from the UK, painted the calipers with ceramic infused paint, and applied the awesome Lexus logo.

Excellent choice, I had another buddy dump his 06 STI for a GS300. he is much happier despite the power reduction.
Old 12-29-08, 08:21 AM
bullet1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
im sure it went through the dealer car wash a few times as it was there being sold. It was fine when I took it to them and actually paid the head detail porter at the dealer to buff and polish it out before I traded it in? Im crazy like that and wanted the car to look its best when I took it back It should polish right out come spring! Looks really good when its clean

tell me if you find out where the brake overlay is, it comes off really easy To think I could have just left all that stuff on and saved myself lots of time I agree those OEM rims do look much better now that I see them compared to the ones that came with the car. Did you have McGrath swap those out for you or did you just buy another set of rims?
Yea, I'm sure it did as well. And I've seen the Lexus wash they have here in Columbus and it beats the hell out of the paint.

No doubt. Would have saved me a lot of time. The 08 Wheels I bought on Ebay then had tires put on here in town and swapped over the TPMS. Saw that you had 19's... though they looked pretty nice, to get a set worth owning is more than I'm willing to pay right now so I settled on the 08 wheels.
Old 12-29-08, 08:29 AM
bullet1
Driver

Originally Posted by Brian231
Mike did take great care of this garage kept car. We were going to remove the signal mirrors, but your benefit. We did the fancy brakes as well. Even changed the pads with better ones from the UK, painted the calipers with ceramic infused paint, and applied the awesome Lexus logo.

Excellent choice, I had another buddy dump his 06 STI for a GS300. he is much happier despite the power reduction.
Yea, I like the mirrors, though because of them, the car is not certified since the mirrors were aftermarket. But oh well.

Yea, my STi was stage 2 using Cobb's Accessport and was quick as hell. But how often did I run it fast enough to know it was a 12 second car?? Barely ever. But every day I noticed how rough the ride was and despite the power reduction, I am happier. Though I do miss shifting every now and then.

After I got my new car, my wife decided she wanted more luxury as well and traded in her 06 STi (mine was an 07) for a 335xi. Funny that we bought 2 competing cars. I like both of them for different reasons. The Lexus is a little more luxury, not quite as crisp handling but still is as quick. The Bimmer is built like a tank, handles well and the Twin Turbo engine certainly is fun. Definitely better in the snow with the AWD. Overall both cars are great.
Old 12-29-08, 05:15 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

WEIRD!!!!!!! Congrats on the car! It is weird that it ended up in Ohio. I am glad it made it's way on CL. He took great care of it, so you don't have to worry. Mike let me borrow the car one day because I didn't have a ride. Here some pics at my house:

Old 12-29-08, 05:21 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Way to go Vic,

I have provided some pics as well from this past summer.

Old 12-29-08, 07:15 PM
huddleston
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 13 Posts

we have the same car - looking good.
Old 12-29-08, 08:39 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

this is too funny! gald my car made it to a home that will make it look good again. Its just too bad I had to take off the tint and many other things that the OP is just putting back on the car. Will be interesting to see how he does the rest compared to what my taste/style was.

I hope he is close enough to make it to one of our spring/summer meets so the car stays in the group

HAHA...I kicked Vik's car out of the garage! lol...we have such a great group here, I cant wait for the summer and some time to play around again. Brian hurry up and get a car so we can be ready for some pics! I dont know if the GS aka the "baby mobile" will ever look as nice as the IS did. Man I need some rims!
Old 12-29-08, 08:42 PM
LexFather

Wow, great story. Congrats on the IS! Nice mods thus far.
Old 12-29-08, 09:48 PM
Ikonz350
Lead Lap

Looks like mine besides the turn signal mirrors when i brought mine home. haha
Old 12-29-08, 11:30 PM
crazybuggy
Racer

hey i like the graphite wheels but for some reason, the silver rims that came with the car looked good to me as well!
Old 12-30-08, 05:36 AM
bullet1
Driver

Wow, Nice trip down Memory Lane. I can assure you, your car has made it to a good home. I have a friend that lives in Evanston so its definitely possible that I could make it to a meet. Plus I wouldn't mind spending a day just looking at stuff in the City. My brief stay to get the car didn't allow much time to see anything besides the substantial McGrath Dealership.
Old 03-11-09, 07:07 PM
bullet1
Driver

Well, got some things installed. Lowered F-sport, 15mm Spacers all around, front lip, side skirts.

Old 03-11-09, 07:23 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks good

Front grill looks so much better painted. Glad you are enjoying the car and having fun!
Old 03-11-09, 08:47 PM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

i'll be in Colombus somewhere in mid summer... wanna meet up???? hahahha take some pics.. you've got some good cam there =)
Old 03-11-09, 09:16 PM
jamminlol
Driver

sick car fosho.. nice emblem match

Quick Reply: First Pics: 07 350