First Pics: 07 350

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-08, 06:57 PM
bullet1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 350 - Updated Pics Post #27

Updated pics Post #27

Hey Guys, I've been lurking around for the last couple months. I think I bought a former members car, picked it up from McGrath Lexus in Chicago in the beginning of November. Traded in a 07 STi for it. Decided on Luxury over the boy racer image of the STi.

Bought it with the Rear 3 windows tinted already, the side mirrors already installed and the rear reflectors tinted, as well as the turn signals redded out. Here is how it looked before I started in on it:

First thing I did was tint the front windows. Trying to avoid the terribly picky Columbus PD so I went a bit lighter w/ 35% on the fronts. I believe the back is 20%.

Then I puchased another members Tanabe Exhaust that was in mint condition:

Then I purchased some 08 wheels, love the graphite color on black compared to the silver:

Next I got a painted grill surround as well as the Black Pearl emblem kit. So far I've only put on the front emblem, but took some shots of it today.

Putting some F-Sport Springs on this week, also have GFX Front and Sides to put on, but probably wait until spring to do that. Paint is in need of a solid detail, so I can't wait for spring to give it a good polishing.

Cheers!

Last edited by bullet1; 03-11-09 at 07:10 PM.
Old 12-28-08, 07:12 PM
05LSV
Lead Lap

looking nice! Where did you get the painted front grill surround, or did you do it yourself?
Old 12-28-08, 07:15 PM
305is350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking good man, and with some spacers it would looks even better after lowered.
Old 12-28-08, 07:15 PM
dana_daen
Driver

Looks tight! I agree with your comments on the rim colour.
Old 12-28-08, 07:22 PM
bullet1
Driver

I picked up the front grill surround from Sewell. And yes, spacers are in the plans since I don't plan on dropping the money it would cost to get a set of rims outside the ones I have. At least not for a while.
Old 12-28-08, 08:08 PM
Sytfu_IS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice start but you should really drop and add a gfx lip or maybe an aftermarket lip, will make it look more aggressive and nice Nice car though!
Old 12-28-08, 10:33 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

With those side mirrors (and the car being from Chicago), I think you bought Mike's (Passnu2) IS350. Congrats!
Old 12-28-08, 11:50 PM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bullet1
Then I purchased some 09 wheels, love the graphite color on black compared to the silver:
You meant '08 wheels right?
Old 12-29-08, 05:41 AM
bullet1
Driver

Originally Posted by yayitscola
Very nice start but you should really drop and add a gfx lip or maybe an aftermarket lip, will make it look more aggressive and nice Nice car though!
Read the very bottom of the first post

Originally Posted by pisaykotik
You meant '08 wheels right?
Ahh yes, type-o. 08 Wheels are what I got (I updated the post). Thanks!
Old 12-29-08, 05:52 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looking good! I like the slideshow of the car's evolution.
Old 12-29-08, 06:09 AM
bullet1
Driver

Originally Posted by Little E
With those side mirrors (and the car being from Chicago), I think you bought Mike's (Passnu2) IS350. Congrats!
Yep, it would appear you are right. Went back and checked out some of his posts, seems he had to take quite a bit off the car to trade it in.
Old 12-29-08, 06:28 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

yes indeed that is my old car take good care of her lol...

unless they took it out you will still have the Passnu2 brake overlay (3rd brake light in the car)...I was hoping to see it on the streets of Chicago to see who got my car not that the side turn signals dont give it away but many have that now so not as unique as it once was. I also left the red outs and also the smoke overlay on the reflectors.

Yes I took almost everything off the car to trade it in and you have, for the most part, put it right back. I had the same exhaust on it. I had to remove the tint from the front windows

Front grill looks much better painted, I wanted to do that and never got around to it.

If you are a DIY I used mobile 1 synthetic oil if you want to stick with what I used or not.

Welcome to CL and good luck with the car and the future mods
Old 12-29-08, 06:57 AM
datplayaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

very good job so far, the car is looking good
Old 12-29-08, 07:15 AM
bullet1
Driver

Originally Posted by passnu2
yes indeed that is my old car take good care of her lol...

unless they took it out you will still have the Passnu2 brake overlay (3rd brake light in the car)...I was hoping to see it on the streets of Chicago to see who got my car not that the side turn signals dont give it away but many have that now so not as unique as it once was. I also left the red outs and also the smoke overlay on the reflectors.

Yes I took almost everything off the car to trade it in and you have, for the most part, put it right back. I had the same exhaust on it. I had to remove the tint from the front windows

Front grill looks much better painted, I wanted to do that and never got around to it.

If you are a DIY I used mobile 1 synthetic oil if you want to stick with what I used or not.

Welcome to CL and good luck with the car and the future mods
Good deal. Though I'm not sure what the "Passnu2 Brake overlay is" Guess I'll have to have the wife step on the brake to see if its still there. I figured the dealer made you take off the front tint since they wouldn't want to sell an illegal car, oh well, I have a guy that hooks us up with pretty decent prices on tint.

I used to change my oil all the time but got tired of disposing of the used oil, so now I usually take it somewhere. I stick with fun DIY stuff like changing suspension parts, exhausts, body parts and detailing. The paint is quite swirled up most likely from the dealer's car washes. Can't wait for spring to polish them out.
Old 12-29-08, 08:03 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bullet1
Good deal. Though I'm not sure what the "Passnu2 Brake overlay is" Guess I'll have to have the wife step on the brake to see if its still there. I figured the dealer made you take off the front tint since they wouldn't want to sell an illegal car, oh well, I have a guy that hooks us up with pretty decent prices on tint.

I used to change my oil all the time but got tired of disposing of the used oil, so now I usually take it somewhere. I stick with fun DIY stuff like changing suspension parts, exhausts, body parts and detailing. The paint is quite swirled up most likely from the dealer's car washes. Can't wait for spring to polish them out.
im sure it went through the dealer car wash a few times as it was there being sold. It was fine when I took it to them and actually paid the head detail porter at the dealer to buff and polish it out before I traded it in? Im crazy like that and wanted the car to look its best when I took it back It should polish right out come spring! Looks really good when its clean

tell me if you find out where the brake overlay is, it comes off really easy To think I could have just left all that stuff on and saved myself lots of time I agree those OEM rims do look much better now that I see them compared to the ones that came with the car. Did you have McGrath swap those out for you or did you just buy another set of rims?

Quick Reply: First Pics: 07 350