IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Getting Very Upset!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-08 | 03:42 AM
91terence
Driver School Candidate

yo dude just be grateful for what you have. im 17 too and drive and 08 is250. i was gonna do exhuast first but then thought about leaving it stock for a while. dude trust me some of my friends got some nice rides (sti's and evo's). i just thought how thankful for the blessings have.

just my two sense.
Old 12-29-08 | 05:22 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

If it makes you happier, I took the school bus to school even at senior year. It wasn't until College I manage to afford an Integra haha
Old 12-29-08 | 05:33 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

In order to increase IS250 performance, try any (or all) of the following:
1. Exhaust (& midpipe)
2. Intake
3. Headers
4. MHP ECU/TCU tuning (Check ISF forum)
5. Blitz/Toms Throttle Controller (you'll feel faster)

You can check other members' impressions of each by searching through the CL forum.
Old 12-29-08 | 05:43 AM
andyboy
Lead Lap

Just install a wing and hope you can fly
Old 12-29-08 | 05:46 AM
damnboy
Pole Position
CL Folding 1M

17 with IS250. You're a lucky man!
I was driving..hm..no.. i mean using public transportation.
Be thankful to your parents and cherish your ride.. be a good driver too.
A lot of experts here can help you to make your IS even more delightful (hot).
Old 12-29-08 | 07:28 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Not being able to keep up when the guys decide to have some fun may be unsettling, but just roll with it for now. Even if you were the fastest among your friends, there would always be a faster car, or something else to envy. You'll appreciate the fact that your car is mostly reliable, not a money pit (if they're paying for their mods out of their pockets), and less likely to attract the wrong attention, in time.

Besides, going fast in a straight line is only half the fun.

Originally Posted by mikez
If it makes you happier, I took the school bus to school even at senior year.
Yep, and the only thing that was happening fast, was running for public transit. Missing the metro bus on a cold day meant a 45 to hour wait.
Old 12-29-08 | 07:55 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by montgb
In order to increase IS250 performance, try any (or all) of the following:
1. Exhaust (& midpipe)
Cost between $600-1600 for gains between 7 and 15 hp (gains proportional to cost, and all pretty poor for the expense)

2. Intake
Cost between $110-400 and gains will top out at 5 hp. Not terrible at $110 but you won't notice the gain that small.

3. Headers
The mazzuris will run around $1000 installed for 25 hp... decent gain for the cost actually, which is rare on a 2IS...but he's no longer in business so you'll have to find a used set... the Jun-TW headers are much, much more expensive and I've yet to see a real dyno of their gains.

4. MHP ECU/TCU tuning (Check ISF forum)
Gains totally unknown, and costs multi-thousands of bucks. Cheaper to add over 100 hp by getting an IS350 in exchange for an IS250 (which is, in general the cheapest way to make an IS250 much faster).

5. Blitz/Toms Throttle Controller (you'll feel faster)
As you indicate, does nothing to actually make the car faster, it just costs money to simulate pushing the gas pedal harder.
Old 12-29-08 | 08:09 AM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Coconut
Also, in some parts of the world, an IS250 would be someones dream car.

lol, the IS250 is my boss's dream car, and i'm driving it. I'll never ever let him see me driving in it....
Old 12-29-08 | 08:23 AM
LIS350A
Driver

Get yourself rear ended (make sure it's totaled). Blame it on lack of power.

Insurance=new car.

OR just enjoy having a Lexus at 17 and save your money to upgrade with your next car.
Old 12-29-08 | 08:39 AM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

it's actually nice to have a 250 instead of a 350 sometimes when gas goes back up to 4 bucks a gallon... trust me.. it doesnt hurt to lose out in a small race...
Old 12-29-08 | 09:09 AM
datplayaz
Lexus Test Driver

most people on here only wish that their parents would have bought them a Lexus back in high school, but i do understand that you want to be fast, we all wanted to be fast back in HS, but if it's speed you want you should have asked for a Honda/Acura, it's cheap and you can make it fast
Old 12-29-08 | 09:12 AM
KrapWerdna
Lead Lap

i love the is250!!
i was driving 05 acura TL when i was 17. it was a fast car, looked great, it was an awesome car. but in the same year, it went thought a horrible accident.
thats why my parents got me a is250 kuz they didnt want me speeding or getting into an accident again. althought when i first got it, i wanted my car to be faster too. i tried to get a 350 engine or 2jz-gte engine in my car. i even treid to prototype my car for a custom turbo.
i came to realize, just be glad you got a 250. people will mos def get jealous. all my friends were like "you have a freaking nice car." a few girls that i never met came up to me and said i had a nice car.
you'll come to realize that the 250 is a great car. and if your patient, they will make some mods that will increase HP like crazy. as for now, just make your car look and sound nice.
Old 12-29-08 | 09:15 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Kurtz
As you indicate, does nothing to actually make the car faster, it just costs money to simulate pushing the gas pedal harder.
LOL - your disdain for the IS Throttle Controller is well-documented, Kurtz.
Thanks for giving some dollar signs to the options I presented.

kjl2007 - the IS250 has shown to be a poor platform for speed junkies. However, if you've got cash to burn, spend it on wheels and a drop. That will improve your car's self-esteem immensely.
Old 12-29-08 | 09:17 AM
<3MYIS
Rookie

yeah i understand how u feel iv had my is since senior yr in sko an i did feel kinda wak when i couldn't keep up an it was only worse when i had ppl in the car an i just decided to hook it up i put some rims tint an sound lol an i got over it an i stopped racing some of my friends! i would just burn out from time o time an ppl would just be left with a dout of how fast it was hahahahaha
Old 12-29-08 | 09:24 AM
Namster
Intermediate

I bet you that you drive a better car than your teachers. I'm sure they will get jealous if they see you drive an IS...so be glad about that.

Quick Reply: Getting Very Upset!!!