IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Getting Very Upset!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-08, 07:44 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

to the OP, the majority of the 'elite' 2IS here in hawaii are 250's... sorry kid you got alot to learn yet, power isn't everything... unless of course your still in HS~ which you are... OOPS MY BAD
Old 12-30-08, 08:03 PM
t.is350.h
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man....what r u complaining about? When I was 17 I walked to school man....consider yourself very lucky that you have a beautiful car at your age....you should be happy with what you have know.
Old 12-30-08, 08:04 PM
pli
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Rashoodz
Even if hondas are faster, so what? it's still a honda :P

I like my car, and I don't care what others think, even the girls.. meh, it's a chick car around here.
when i was 16, even before i got my license, i bought my friends supercharged JDMed-out b16 ek coupe (fyi, its a honda for those who dont know). i had the sickest car in school. but im not like other people that go bragging about their cars. i kept it on the downlow. then, 18 came, and i traded that car to a guy for an s2000. s2000 was my dream car but i guess bad choice. i miss my first honda so much!! even though the s2000 was very eye catching and appealing to girls ;D BUT now being 19(since nov), i found the s2000 very inconvenient and i will be switching over to an is350. for me? i dont think i will be able to downgrade to a slower car. im a true honda lover at heart and was going to down grade all the way to a fit but turbocharge it and bring it to the tracks but for now, i really need a daily driver thats fun and comfortable and fast. maybe when i graduate from college, i will buy my own fun track cars.

and to all those that think teenagers are spoiled for having nice cars, your somewhat wrong. there should be a limit to those that get certain cars. here is the perspective of my parents: (it basically works like the classical and operant conditionings in psychology) if you earn good grades in school and work hard, then you get rewarded with a car or something nice. if you dont, you get punished or dont get what you want. its only fair...but dont reward them just because you want to. THAT is what you call spoiling.
Old 12-30-08, 08:10 PM
GoCatGo11
Pole Position

Hahaha, well I had a 89 Toyota when I was in High School, sexy... lolz... But yeah dang your parents bought you a Lexus for your first car... Man I wish I had your parents... hahahhaa
Old 12-30-08, 08:24 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can try bolt on mods like intake and exhaust but that wont do much. you have two choices, save up for a supercharger and you will be about as fast as an IS350, but that would be stupid, might as well get the IS350 and you will end up spending less money.
or you can sell your IS250 and get something like an used M3, or an used G35, or 350Z. and mod the hell out of them.
Anyways, ive seen civics hng with corvettes, so dont stress out about civics. you have something they dont have. I guarantee you you can get girls much easier with an IS Lexus than a friking civic.
Old 12-30-08, 08:29 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

I did not get my first car until I was almost 20, never had a car in high school or my first year in college. I would have loved to have a Lexus for my first car or an Acura or Infiniti as a teenager. I got a 94 Mitsu Eclipse with a little 1.8 4 cylinder. It was pretty slow but it looked great, handled great, and was very comfortable and most people really liked my car and I liked it. My friends and cousins Fiero, Camaros, Mustangs, Firebirds, were faster but were also pieces or crap that were always breaking down and in the shop and falling apart. Yes, a IS250 is pretty slow and pretty underpowered for a 6 cyl lux car and is going to lose to alot of cars but so what, 205hp and 0-60 in 7.5-7.9 sec is plenty for someone your age especially in a rwd car. I would trade a faster civic, mustang, camaro, solara, imprezza, celica etc anyday for a Lexus IS250 now and when I was your age. Your IS250 is way nicer then probably all your friends cars so what are you complaining about, it is not made to be a sporty performance car or quick. Instead of focusing on your car being fast and sporty just focus on it being a nice lux car that is much nicer then many of those quicker cars.

Frankly someone your age should not even have a car like a Lexus IS250 and I kind of question what your parents were thinking by spoiling you and buying you a expensive luxury car at your age as a first car. You are too young to appreciate a car like that and how nice it is and how many adults much older then you with full time jobs can't even afford a nice car like an IS250 and you may develop an attitude that you only want/can own nice expensive things even if you can't afford them and end up getting yourself in a ton of debt later on in life. If you are so unhappy with the IS250s speed then maybe you should get rid of it and get a used more performance modifiable civic, integra, celica, accord, 240sx which is really the type of car someone your age should be driving and own.
Old 12-30-08, 09:45 PM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

this thread is a waste of our time to read...damn complaining kids.
Old 12-30-08, 10:35 PM
kjl2007
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sinister2c
this thread is a waste of our time to read...damn complaining kids.

Because you were never a complaining kid?
Old 12-30-08, 10:59 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

just tell them you cant race since your car packed with girls...
Old 12-30-08, 11:23 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<<< in disbelief...
Old 12-30-08, 11:46 PM
Fearlessfx
Pole Position

my highschool ride:

Old 12-31-08, 12:44 AM
All4sho350
Lead Lap

wow nothing like a thread like this showing unappreciative spoiled kids all in one. I had a 87 cutlass supreme. trust me, those "faster cars.." AWESOME DUDE, NOT! everyone in your highschool is envying you. live it up and enjoy it. its always better to be ahead in the game
Old 12-31-08, 01:21 AM
yov6cam
Driver

Originally Posted by Supremeng
At 17, I had a '92 ES300 with like 200K + miles so you should be glad! haha
wow haha i thought i posted this for a second, loved the 92 ES300 it was pimpin when i had it back in 1999 with about 192k miles
Old 12-31-08, 09:28 AM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

when i was in high school, i didn't even have a car. ur really lucky ur parents bought u an IS250. i had to work really hard for my IS. if ur really not satisfied with it then why not just trade it for the 350?
Old 12-31-08, 09:59 AM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

You know there are a lot of kids out there that are just very unappreciative of what they have....

Your parents bought you a Lexus at 17 and you're complaining that you didn't get the 350? Give me a break. Maybe they felt you weren't responsible enough to handle all that speed and they didn't want you to end up in a hospital or morgue. Ever think about that?

Quick Reply: Getting Very Upset!!!