IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

LX Mode Grille- knockoff or original???

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-09, 09:38 PM
is2seattle
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AZ06IS350
When I spoke with the vendor about it this afternoon and asked for proof that it is authentic since I wasn't given anything, that is what he kept referring to was the LX Mode stamped on the back of the grill. I know that means nothing and I kept saying that and anything else that was said by him didn't make any sense to me.
I can just take it off tomorrow and see if there is a stamp on the back for you... I will let you guys know ASAP
Old 01-22-09, 10:14 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take pics both of you.
Old 01-23-09, 12:43 AM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

opps i hope i didnt started this lol...i been waiting for soo long to find a reputable vendor to get me a real lx-mode grill...I been soo hesitant to buy one due to the fact getting con into paying 600 for something that cost 200 Keep us informed i know is2seattle is the real deal....
Old 01-23-09, 01:45 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by jonjon83
hows the fitting...usually i mean usally knock offs are a lil off, like the carson tuned/blitz mesh grille replicas, i saw a real bad fittment at the socal christmas meet, dont want to say who it was but man i was really off,
fitting good doesn't mean it's not knock offs. i have seen authentic parts with fitment issues and knock off parts that fit well. but that doesn't mean it's good imho. knock offs are knock offs, period. i can care less about their fitment, they aren't going on my cars

Originally Posted by Rashoodz
Btw I read somewhere that the carson-tuned grill also have LX-mode stamped in the back of the grill, why? I don't know.
i asked this question a while ago too, i also want to know why. it sounds kind of funny if lxmode is putting their name out there (stamp on the grille). that's their reputation if they allow 3rd party companies to finish the work. from my experience, in the world of oem, the manufacturer might produce partial product for different vendors, but they won't put their name on the product

i am also surprised lx-mode approved this business, coz' they were effectively shooting at their own foot on their retail market.

again, i don't mean to challenge any vendors, a lot of them have long history. but i have been asking these questions for a while and can't figure it out

Last edited by rominl; 01-24-09 at 01:52 AM.
Old 01-23-09, 11:48 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

btw, i was just thinking. is350jonny, is2seattle, and markrx. if you still have the box and stuff that came with the grille, maybe you can post them up so OP can compare what he has? where did you guys order from?
Old 01-23-09, 03:37 PM
NOVAGFC350
Pole Position

The LX-Mode grille(s) on my 350 Iphone's pics, so please excuse me for the low quality pics folks . I'm thinking of getting the L badge for the top grille, however I've yet found a reputable vendor that carried them. is2seattle where did you get yours from? Not sure if Mr. Mark (VIP) is still able to get it?

Since rominl is requesting it . This is a pic of the box- noticed that it also has the part #s on the box. FYI, I also recalled that both grilles have LX-Mode stamp on the back when I was installing them.

Last edited by NOVAGFC350; 01-23-09 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01-23-09, 04:00 PM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

so do you have any confirmation of the authenticity of the item itself.... i might be interested to buy them and put on the L emblem on it.... it will just look awesome......
Old 01-23-09, 04:03 PM
NOVAGFC350
Pole Position

You don't like the pictures that I just posted acefalcon2. Authenticity?

Originally Posted by acefalcon2
so do you have any confirmation of the authenticity of the item itself.... i might be interested to buy them and put on the L emblem on it.... it will just look awesome......

Last edited by NOVAGFC350; 01-23-09 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-23-09, 05:40 PM
is2seattle
Lead Lap

OK!!! today i took off the grill and i looked on the back. there is NO LX-Mode stamped on the back OR maybe i did not see it. could you take some pictures on the back of the grill for us to see? I want to see where exactly is the stamp. Here is some more pictures of my grill for now if that would help.

even the base has the instructions.... how come you did not get any instuction

Last edited by is2seattle; 01-23-09 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-23-09, 05:42 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I really dont want to thread jack, but is the emblem just clipped on? or is also stuck on by double stick tape or something?
Old 01-23-09, 06:01 PM
is2seattle
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NOVAGFC350
The LX-Mode grille(s) on my 350 Iphone's pics, so please excuse me for the low quality pics folks . I'm thinking of getting the L badge for the top grille, however I've yet found a reputable vendor that carried them. is2seattle where did you get yours from? Not sure if Mr. Mark (VIP) is still able to get it?
I got it from Prestigious Society Inc. they used to be one of our vendors. i really have no clue where you can order the base now. some of our vendors might be able to order it for you.

Originally Posted by ExTrEmE99
I really dont want to thread jack, but is the emblem just clipped on? or is also stuck on by double stick tape or something?
it attaches by two bolts. you don't have to worry if i would fall off.
Old 01-23-09, 06:13 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Originally Posted by rominl
btw, i was just thinking. is350jonny, is2seattle, and markrx. if you still have the box and stuff that came with the grille, maybe you can post them up so OP can compare what he has? where did you guys order from?
It's MIKES rx it's ok though.....just giving you a hard time

But, I don't have the LX-mode grille, I just have the LX-mode handles.

BTW, I ordered mine from Prestigious Society as well
Old 01-23-09, 07:31 PM
AZ06IS350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by is2seattle
OK!!! today i took off the grill and i looked on the back. there is NO LX-Mode stamped on the back OR maybe i did not see it. could you take some pictures on the back of the grill for us to see? I want to see where exactly is the stamp. Here is some more pictures of my grill for now if that would help.

even the base has the instructions.... how come you did not get any instuction

I haven't had a chance to take the grille off yet to check for that stamp, but it's interesting that yours doesn't have it and yours came in a LX Mode box with an instruction sheet. It makes me think even more that grilles with the stamp are knock offs. After all, that's what the two guys I spoke with from the vendor keep throwing at me: "There's a stamp on the back that proves it's authentic".

Today I spoke with one of the head salesman of the vendor I bought it from. He said that they have a contract with LX Mode to buy it directly from the manufacturing warehouse instead of from LX Mode. As part of the contract, they are not to use LX Mode boxes and information sheets in the sale since they are getting it from the manuracturing plant. He told me that it would be degrading the LX Mode brand name if they put it in authentic boxes and sold it for a lesser price since they are getting it direct from the warehouse. He also said that their company has a very close personal relationship with LX Mode, yet they couldn't even negotiate to have some original information sheets thrown in with the grilles that they are buying directly from the warehouse. If I say much more I'll be giving away who the vendor is, which I'm really tempted to do at this point! I still haven't been able to speak with the manager as my message apparently was never received for him to give me a call.
Old 01-23-09, 07:46 PM
AZ06IS350
Pole Position

Something else that didn't make sense to me was that the vendor said that he could get me a LX Mode grille with the original box and information sheets, just as others have posted in this thread, for $700! Or I can keep the one I paid $400 for. I just laughed at him. He's basically saying that I have to pay an additional $300 for authentic packaging! What a joke!
Old 01-23-09, 08:15 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

^ what that vendor is telling you doesn't sound that abnormal. I can't think of any at the moment, but I'm sure I've come across parts which are the same thing just re-branded and/or re-packaged

Heck: back in 1999, the original Cadillac Escalade was pretty much the same thing as a GMC Denali, just badged with the cadillac emblem instead of a gmc emblem. And, I'm willing to bet that the Cadi had a premium over the GMC

Quick Reply: LX Mode Grille- knockoff or original???