IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

LX Mode Grille- knockoff or original???

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-09, 03:21 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

bottom line, i still have my doubts, and i can't seem to have my questions answered imho, and what has given so far (different changing versions) don't make it flow better. bottom line, imho it's clear that these aren't lxmode and the vendor is selling them as lxmode. like gsxotic said, if lxmode gave permission to sell as lxmode, then they must be stupid not to package all the warranty and correct info on packaging.

so with all that said, if i understand correctly, instead of providing certain discount on lxmode authentic products for resale purposes, lxmode told vendor to directly buy from manufacturer (losing all sales money in that sense), and later on even allow the vendor to use the lxmode name. that sounds like a big loss, isn't it.
Old 01-25-09, 08:21 AM
AZ06IS350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
bottom line, i still have my doubts, and i can't seem to have my questions answered imho, and what has given so far (different changing versions) don't make it flow better. bottom line, imho it's clear that these aren't lxmode and the vendor is selling them as lxmode. like gsxotic said, if lxmode gave permission to sell as lxmode, then they must be stupid not to package all the warranty and correct info on packaging.

so with all that said, if i understand correctly, instead of providing certain discount on lxmode authentic products for resale purposes, lxmode told vendor to directly buy from manufacturer (losing all sales money in that sense), and later on even allow the vendor to use the lxmode name. that sounds like a big loss, isn't it.
Yes, it does sound like a big loss and it flat out is not smart business by LX Mode. I told the vendor this and he said they are allowed to do this because of their "great personal relationship" with the people of LX Mode. He also said that it couldn't be boxed with authenticity because it was being purchased from the manufacturing warehouse and leaving LX Mode out of the equation, yet still be able to use the LX Mode name in selling it. He contradicted himself because he said LX Mode didn't want to tarnish their name brand, yet that is exactly what they are doing by allowing this vendor to sell "their" product using their name and unoriginal packaging! I agree that it all doesn't make sense, but I have convinced myself that my grille is real LX Mode even if it didn't come through "normal" channels with original packaging.
Old 01-25-09, 10:05 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man i love this grill soo much but this problems just presented itself again and i just want someone who can get me the real thing speak up any vendors that can lol...
Old 01-26-09, 05:42 AM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Drunkebuda
man i love this grill soo much but this problems just presented itself again and i just want someone who can get me the real thing speak up any vendors that can lol...
AZ stated that the vendor he purchased his from sells the "real thing" with real packaging and instructions for $700. see below

Originally Posted by AZ06IS350
Something else that didn't make sense to me was that the vendor said that he could get me a LX Mode grille with the original box and information sheets, just as others have posted in this thread, for $700! ........
Old 01-27-09, 08:10 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikes rx
AZ stated that the vendor he purchased his from sells the "real thing" with real packaging and instructions for $700. see below
yea kinda still shady i think ill go with the new vendor we have since its not renamed into another grill plus its only 650 for the gill and L mount.