IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New Custom Splash Guards from Weathertech for the IS250/IS350

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-09, 08:12 PM
Glide
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Custom Splash Guards from Weathertech for the IS250/IS350

This should be a sticky but I don't know how to make that happen. If you're reading this then you're probably tired of going though a puddle and having the side of your car look like someone threw up on it. I am working on a solution, with your help of course. Lexus does not make a Splash guard for the IS only the RX. Weathertech makes custom Splash guards for a wide variety of high volume cars but the IS does not fall into that catagory, yet. We can change that. In numbers there is strength. Below I've added an application for a custom splash guard from Weathertech. If we keep submitting them maybe someone will listen. Thanks for your time. Please fill out the application below and summit. What's there to lose...

On the Weathertech site there is a provision to request a splashguard for your car. Maybe if enough people requested them for the 2nd gen IS250/IS350 something might happen. In the field "product rquested" highlight mudflap no-drill. Then hit submit. Easy as that!

THIS IS NOT AN ORDER FORM, IT IS REQUEST FOR THE COMPANY TO PRODUCE CUSTOM SPLASHGUARDS FOR OUR LEXUS MODEL! YOU WILL NEVER, AT ANY TIME BE ASKED TO BUY ONE!

Just click on link below

http://www.weathertech.com/service/a...onrequest.aspx

Last edited by Glide; 01-30-09 at 12:45 AM.
Old 01-29-09, 11:00 PM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

if they were MADE IN JAPAN, then i'd do it!
Old 01-29-09, 11:12 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Noooooo. Mudflaps belong on TRUCKS, not sport-luxury cars. This would be the opposite of Lexus beautification and a step back to the 80's.
Old 01-29-09, 11:30 PM
Coconut
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 57 Posts

I think I will pass on this idea, and no, this should not be a sticky...
Old 01-29-09, 11:37 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

got their trunk mat/tray.....it's decent....

not planning to get splash guards cos I am not driving offroad.....
Old 01-29-09, 11:48 PM
Glide
Rookie

Originally Posted by kickin8
got their trunk mat/tray.....it's decent....

not planning to get splash guards cos I am not driving offroad.....
If you live in WV all your driving is offroad. Besides, this isn't for you, it's an option for others that may have a need.

Alright, so you Californians don't need them but think of the members that drive in sand, snow and salt 6 months out of the year.

It isn't like your gonna start receiving spam if you fill out the 5 line questioneer.

A lot of cars (350Z, G35, Accord, TLs for example) have them from the factory and painted they look pretty damn good.

Please reconsider....
Old 01-30-09, 12:02 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i'll go for it only if theres a chrome silhouette of a chick on the back of it YEEHAW!!!
Old 01-30-09, 12:39 AM
Glide
Rookie

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
i'll go for it only if theres a chrome silhouette of a chick on the back of it YEEHAW!!!
I'm not asking anyone to order thr ******ing thing, just fill out the form. It's like a petition.
Old 01-30-09, 12:40 AM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

So you want a bunch of guys who don't want or need this item to tell a manufacturer they do need it so they will make it and then not be able to sell any because a bunch of guys from California really didn't need them?

Are you a politician by chance?
Old 01-30-09, 01:42 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by unit74
So you want a bunch of guys who don't want or need this item to tell a manufacturer they do need it so they will make it and then not be able to sell any because a bunch of guys from California really didn't need them?
+1

Look if you really really want mudguards... go take alook around and find a style you like, take it to a shop and have it custom molded/fab'd to your car OR do the fiberglass molding part yourself to save some $. There is no better feeling of pride of having a one of custom mod on your car, i know
Old 01-30-09, 02:03 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

LOL! *loves it*

The problem with mudflaps (and that is really what they stem from) is they are the opposite of sporty (wind draggers, scraping speed bumps). And in this forum, "sport" is the big focus.

My grandma's Datsun Maxima had some very nice factory black ones. That was 1983. Anyome remember parachute pants?
Old 01-30-09, 02:13 AM
Glide
Rookie

+1

Look if you really really want mudguards... go take alook around and find a style you like, take it to a shop and have it custom molded/fab'd to your car OR do the fiberglass molding part yourself to save some $. There is no better feeling of pride of having a one of custom mod on your car, i know

Thank you for the advice, I really think this will catch on when the Northeast wakes up, I had a lot of interest in Splshguards in my last post on this subject, This was supposed to be the solution even if it takes a year. Will you fill out the form, just for ****s and giggles LOL

What are peoples problen...They won't take 5 minutes to help other members?? Sad, I think people up this late have been drinking and just want give people a hard time, eh?
Old 01-30-09, 01:50 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

that's not the point.....

IS - SPORTS car, the looks is what it matters.

The forum has a bunch of owners that drive 6+ months with sand, snow and salt and they did not complain...why ?

They knew adding the mud guards will ruin the looks!

Just my 0.01.
Old 01-30-09, 05:43 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I went to the Weathertech site to see if I could find any examples of the mudguard on a similar class of vehicle.

Nada.

Not to rain on your parade, but if they don't make mudguards for a common vehicle like the G35, I doubt they will consider the 2nd-gen IS (petition or not).
Old 01-30-09, 07:36 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you guys really paid attention, our cars came with splash guards already, they're just small. I already lost one side I actually like splash guards, I liked them on my DC2 or other Honda's. Only thing is I wouldn't know what they would look like on the ISx50.

Quick Reply: New Custom Splash Guards from Weathertech for the IS250/IS350