IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Possibly Free Stuff from Lexus!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-09, 01:53 AM
shinbrianj
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've taken my car in several times for the grinding noise on cold start and every time they just tell me they couldn't duplicate it and that they won't fix it, an ideas? i really do have the problem its just not every startup
Old 01-31-09, 02:51 AM
johnch
Driver School Candidate

I'd be pretty nervous about having major engine service done, TSB or otherwise.

Would the local Lexus grease monkey get everything back together and working as well as the highly trained and skilled factory technicians did in the first place?

Unless I had a real problem that needed this work, I'd be quite happy not to have to take it in.

John
Old 01-31-09, 02:58 AM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by johnch
I'd be pretty nervous about having major engine service done, TSB or otherwise.

Would the local Lexus grease monkey get everything back together and working as well as the highly trained and skilled factory technicians did in the first place?

Unless I had a real problem that needed this work, I'd be quite happy not to have to take it in.

John
These were my thoughts too, but it came to a point where it was happening a lot more frequently and I figured if I'm gonna have to get it done, it might as well be sooner than later. That's why I'm hesitant to get the rear view mirror TSIB done. Besides, it was quite embarrassing to be out somewhere in a Lex and all of a sudden, you hear this grinding sound when you start up your car.

Originally Posted by shinbrianj
i've taken my car in several times for the grinding noise on cold start and every time they just tell me they couldn't duplicate it and that they won't fix it, an ideas? i really do have the problem its just not every startup
Maybe you should take your car to another dealership and see what they say. When I brought my car in, they knew exactly what I was talking about and didn't give me any problems with it.
Old 01-31-09, 02:35 PM
CodyLexus
Driver

Like everone said before, take your car in for a legitimate problem or a TSIB specific issue. Lexus does stand by their products and will take care of legitimate claims. I took my car in for the front brake dust issue and in addition to changing the pads they also installed new rotors. I don't think anyone needs to "trick" Lexus into anything that is legitimate.
Old 02-28-10, 04:07 AM
LandonZ
Rookie

I just bought a 06 and yes, my valvetrain is loud **ticking** I understand that its normal and will not hurt anything but I will bring it to dealer soon and I will let everyone know what happens!
Old 02-28-10, 09:30 AM
rcracer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ticking i'm aware of but my engine is really loud while idling. i used to have exhaust so i never really hear the engine. ive own toyota cars and they too have direct injection but the noise is nothing compared to what the is350 is making even with all the windows closed while sitting on a stop light you can really hear it from the cabin. is this normal for the is350?