IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Possibly Free Stuff from Lexus!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-09, 09:01 AM
aznpapaya
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possibly Free Stuff from Lexus!!!!!!!!!

hey everyone i received this email from youtube, was wondering if anyone know anything about it, done it. thanks

PS: would someone like to give it a try if it true?

Hey bud,

Nice IS-350!
I used to work as a service consultant at an Orlando Lexus dealership.
the IS and GS models have a Technical Service Bulletin for noise coming from the VVT-i cam gears. However all the dealerships were instructed not to address the issue unless customers complained of a ticking noise. Now it could have been your video, but It definately sounds like your car has that same issue. In no real way is it a safety or performance factor for the car, but here's a tip. Next time you take it in for service, make sure you mention that the valvetrain makes a LOT of noise. Every dealership has at least one technician dedicated to just doing rebuilds because of this problem, so they'll call him out to check the car. If they decide that your car has the valvetrain noise, rejoice because you're about to get a new Timing Chain, Gears, Camshafts, and lifters, at no charge to you.
I don't know if you've already done this or there's some other issue with the car, but just thought i'd share my $.02.
Take it easy,
Hula
Old 01-30-09, 09:04 AM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

your not in orlando right? I mean if you were theres no hurt in seeing if they will do it for free..Not saying they will because why would Lexus do $500+ job for free.

my .02
Old 01-30-09, 09:09 AM
felixcat
Pit Crew

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

With the sinking economic, now it becomes harder and harder to let dealers do free stuffs.
Old 01-30-09, 09:36 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Uh, they're not doing it "free"

It's a warranty repair for a known issue there is a TSIB published for.

Lexus pays the dealership for the work.
Old 01-30-09, 09:45 AM
mdsbrain
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Uh, they're not doing it "free"

It's a warranty repair for a known issue there is a TSIB published for.

Lexus pays the dealership for the work.
What I was going to say. Could of swore there was a 2006 TSIB that sounded like this.
Old 01-30-09, 09:48 AM
aznpapaya
Lead Lap

i think that if one lexus dealership is doing it then all dealership should do it regardless if state, and it doesn't matter who pay for it, as long as i'm not paying for it then it's free

does anyone want to go up to the dealership and see if they will do it for "free"?
Old 01-30-09, 09:51 AM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hmm, worth a try.
Old 01-30-09, 09:53 AM
aznpapaya
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TriniGS
Hmm, worth a try.
does that mena that we have a taker? please keep us inform on what the dealership says. thanks
Old 01-30-09, 10:08 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

It's a TSIB.

You don't have to "trick" them into doing it.

If you have the problem they're -required- to do it under warranty.

All dealers, not just one in Orlando.
Old 01-30-09, 10:12 AM
Coconut
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 58 Posts

Would the TSIB apply for the ticking noise when idle? I thought the ticking was normal for the 2IS due to direct injection?
Old 01-30-09, 10:57 AM
Eddiebx
Driver

Originally Posted by Kurtz
It's a TSIB.

You don't have to "trick" them into doing it.

If you have the problem they're -required- to do it under warranty.

All dealers, not just one in Orlando.
you have to "trick" them if you are trying to get something you dont need for "free" by lying to the dealer to check out a mystery noise you dont have, as the original poster has suggested.

congrats on wasting people's time and money, then you wonder why some service advisors are so hesitant to fix alleged problems
Old 01-30-09, 10:59 AM
Eddiebx
Driver

Originally Posted by Coconut
Would the TSIB apply for the ticking noise when idle? I thought the ticking was normal for the 2IS due to direct injection?
i believe it is normal as you have said, due to the direct injection.
Old 01-30-09, 11:01 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

If something is legitimately wrong with your car, by all means take it, complain, and state your case. But PLEASE, don't bring in your car when there's nothing wrong just because you want Lexus to work on your car "for free." I will never understand why people want dealers to fix things that are not broken on their car. Just like the old saying goes - "If it 'aint broke, don't fix it."

These services are not "free." As Kurtz mentioned above, Lexus corporate must compensate the dealers for providing these services. Encouraging people to bring in their cars for needless service occupies time and resources that all companies are trying to maximize in this terrible economy.

So everyone, please - let's conduct ourselves with a little class.

Javier
Old 01-30-09, 11:13 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by javyLSU
If something is legitimately wrong with your car, by all means take it, complain, and state your case. But PLEASE, don't bring in your car when there's nothing wrong just because you want Lexus to work on your car "for free." I will never understand why people want dealers to fix things that are not broken on their car. Just like the old saying goes - "If it 'aint broke, don't fix it."

These services are not "free." As Kurtz mentioned above, Lexus corporate must compensate the dealers for providing these services. Encouraging people to bring in their cars for needless service occupies time and resources that all companies are trying to maximize in this terrible economy.

Javier
Old 01-30-09, 12:06 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by javyLSU

Javier
im with javier about this one. dont waste your dealers time, if there isnt a problem.

Quick Reply: Possibly Free Stuff from Lexus!!!!!!!!!