Old 02-03-09 | 06:00 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by KrapWerdna
i just checked the website
http://www.ichibausa.com/15albowhsp10.html

it says it comes with "ONE SPECIAL SOCKET"
Sold as one pair (2pcs) with 10pcs nuts with one special socket
what is this special socket?? i didnt get one in my box.
for the 15mm they should have given you a socket that fits into the hole were the nuts go. on the back of that socket you just use your lexus L shape thing to take the wheels of (dont know what is called) mto take them off
Old 02-03-09 | 09:42 PM
KrapWerdna
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by juice14
for the 15mm they should have given you a socket that fits into the hole were the nuts go. on the back of that socket you just use your lexus L shape thing to take the wheels of (dont know what is called) mto take them off
is that it?? i thought it was something special i needed. i have a socket wrench at home that i used instead of that special socket.
Old 02-04-09 | 07:49 AM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Is this how your spacers look? How did you use a socket wrench (without using the adapters) to tighten those lug nuts?

Last edited by oblivionis; 02-04-09 at 07:55 AM.
Old 02-04-09 | 09:49 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^ its a key to tighten the bolts but I have had 3 sets of these spacers and not one of them had that style bolt. I am guessing yours do not either and its probably better they don't so you don't strip them when you tighten them down.

Your front studs aren't stripped for any reason are they? what does the car do with the OEM rims and bolts? does it come loose?? If it doesn't then the bolts with the spacers must be bad for some reason. I tried these on the IS and had no problems myself and just put a set on the GS and they are fine also. I was one of the few that had tried them and posted in that thread in the past.
Old 02-04-09 | 10:30 AM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Hub centric rings are to keep your wheels from moving around, when driving. The hubs center area are shaped to the stock OEM wheels. Aftermarket centers holes are a little wider, so you need a Hub Centric rings, so the wheel will snug to the Hub. The rears do not need this.

If Ichiba goes by OEM spec, per car. Then there center section would be for stock OEM wheels.

If you do not have the Hub Centric rings on. Then you really shouldnt be driving with your aftermarket wheels. Try using your OEM wheels and see if the screws come loose. Or maybe call Ichiba and get that special tool.
Old 02-04-09 | 11:14 AM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Forgot to ask, how much did they cost?
Old 02-04-09 | 11:52 AM
kayotik
Lead Lap

wonder if the set he got are defects.
Old 02-04-09 | 01:46 PM
KrapWerdna
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by oblivionis
Is this how your spacers look? How did you use a socket wrench (without using the adapters) to tighten those lug nuts?

thats how my spacers look but thats not how my nuts look. my nuts look the same as regular nuts. there wasnt that pattern or key or watever.
i just used a regualr socket wrench because the nuts were same as a regular ones. so yea...
btw, are they the 15mm ver2??
i'll take a pictre of how mine looks and post them later when i have time.

Originally Posted by passnu2
^ its a key to tighten the bolts but I have had 3 sets of these spacers and not one of them had that style bolt. I am guessing yours do not either and its probably better they don't so you don't strip them when you tighten them down.

Your front studs aren't stripped for any reason are they? what does the car do with the OEM rims and bolts? does it come loose?? If it doesn't then the bolts with the spacers must be bad for some reason. I tried these on the IS and had no problems myself and just put a set on the GS and they are fine also. I was one of the few that had tried them and posted in that thread in the past.
my fronts studs are not stripped. they are perfectly fine. after i took them off, i put on the OEM rims and bolts and it doesnt come loose. it fits perfectly. so, maybe the spacers are defect?? idk...

Originally Posted by IS3_FTW
Forgot to ask, how much did they cost?
i got it for $105 + CA tax. so came out $215 for the 15mm and 20mm. got it from nigel chow. he has the best prices around.
Old 02-04-09 | 02:57 PM
KrapWerdna
Lead Lap

posted the pictures on POST 1
Old 02-04-09 | 03:24 PM
MrWong
Driver School Candidate

I would like to chime in on this one..

The older style uses the nuts pictured above.

The Newer released ones from Ichiba have normal nuts for them.

They should be 17 for the 15mm spacer and a 19 for both the 20 and 25mm spacers.
Old 02-04-09 | 03:26 PM
MrWong
Driver School Candidate

Where are you located are you local to LA?
Old 02-04-09 | 04:06 PM
KrapWerdna
Lead Lap

mine are the newer ones. i used a 17 for the 15mm and i think it was 18 for the 20mm. could have been 19.

im located in Diamond Bar. but i go to school in Riverside.
i go to LA on weekends
so yea...i guess im local
Old 02-04-09 | 04:14 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Mine have the bolts like you reposted.

I am just throwing stuff out here but how is the fitment of the hub ring? Is it nice and snug like the rears where? anything that seems different when you installed them.

Hopefully a local member can check them out to see if anything is different.

Edit: worst case have Nigel send them back to the MFG and get a new set.
Old 02-05-09 | 01:07 PM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KrapWerdna
btw, are they the 15mm ver2??
Yes, 15 mm.
Old 02-06-09 | 11:04 AM
iWant2PLay
Driver School Candidate

for sure youre not tightening the lugnuts onto the wheel right.

make sure to hand tighten the wheel on perfectly centered so that the lugnuts can tighten all the way down.

the reason it comes loose is because after some driving the wheel shifts and since the holes are tapered, it is no longer tight.

make sure to use a torque wrench at 75-80 ft/lbs and itll make sure that you have it completely centered because at that tightness, itll center itself even if you didnt.

make sense?

Quick Reply: HELP!! problems with ichiba spacers ver.2