IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS250 F Sport

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-09, 05:07 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by projectdna
my perception of you is that... you're an is250 owner.

what i'm trying to say - and what the other guy was too, before you got so worked up over it - is this:

is250 + all the f-sport parts = an is250 with all the f-sport parts

at the end of the day, when the cows come home, when the fat lady sings, when the curtains draw close... it's still an is250.

and don't think of yourself so highly; i was bringing up a point with the OP. maybe you should read the entire thread - especially that first post about how an is250 f-sport is as fast as the is-f?...
TLN gone wild

Would you like an IS-F owner to say that same thing about the IS 350? Surely not.

Lexus has the ***** to offer different configurations of the IS for different customers. Lets get some history here
Lexus ES 300 was ORIGNALLY their entry level sports sedan I know I have one with a manual. Its no sports sedan lol. FWD ftl
Lexus tried to market it sporty with the 3rd gen as well. It didn't work.
Lexus finally got a clue with the IS 300 that debuted in Europe (Altezza in Japan). Guess what? It had an I-6 with only 160hp.
Lexus brings us the IS 300. Stuff 2JZ in
Lexus then brings IS 300 L-tuned. Sells poorly.

Lexus now brings 2IS with
IS 220d -diesel for Europe
IS 250 - entry level V-6 (no ghey 4 cylinder only in a luxury car)
IS 250 -manual
IS 250 AWD
IS 300 (middle east)
IS 350
IS-F
F-sport parts

Guess what, a slower car can indeed tackle the slalom and skidpad at the same levels as a faster car. It just takes longer to get there.

Indeed slower cars are beloved (when done right) just as much or more so than powerful cars. Why? MORE INVOLVING. I've given plenty of reviews on all IS's. The IS 250 is fun b/c it is meager on power compared to the IS 350 so you have to do more shifting with it. The IS 350 has so much power, you can leave it in any gear and it will go!

In Europe, the 3 series has 40 versions of the 3! 4 cylinders, diesels, turbos, n/a, 6s, etc.

Luxury is about choice and Lexus is giving it to consumers with the IS this generation.
Old 02-05-09, 05:26 PM
cssnms
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by projectdna
my perception of you is that... you're an is250 owner.

what i'm trying to say - and what the other guy was too, before you got so worked up over it - is this:

is250 + all the f-sport parts = an is250 with all the f-sport parts

at the end of the day, when the cows come home, when the fat lady sings, when the curtains draw close... it's still an is250.

and don't think of yourself so highly; i was bringing up a point with the OP. maybe you should read the entire thread - especially that first post about how an is250 f-sport is as fast as the is-f?...

Oh stop being so melodramatic! Nobody asked you about your perception, but I guess your the kind of guy that likes to dole it out anyway. And so what if I do own an is250. Are you somehow better then us is250 owners? Do you actually think that because your car gets to 60 mph faster that you are a superior being? LMAO Seriously you should keep your trap shut because you sound more stupid each time you open it up to let out air. Guys like you just can't leave well enough alone, always trying to prove whatever irrelevant point comes to your mind.

I read the thread and watched the video you should do the same. Dappy who is also an is250 owner said nothing about the is250 f sport being as fast as the F. What he did say was, quote "Looks like the IS250 F Sport performance can match or even excel the IS-F. I'm impressed!" This oh dumb one was a generalization eluding to some of the test results by Edmonds. And when you reply to someone's post the insinuation is you are commenting on what the poster had to say not someone elses post. Now it's past your bedtime so get along and by all means please do not reply in a vain effort to defend yourself it's really pathetic.
Old 02-05-09, 07:12 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

^ i like how you've taken my factual statements and turned them into some kind of propaganda-like opinion. for fear that i have neither the intelligence nor bravado to battle wit with wit, i've learned my lesson to never **** off overly-enthusiastic, defensive is250 owners.

/OT

maybe edmunds.com should test an is350 w/ all the f-sport goodies and pit it against an equally-equipped is250. for s**ts and giggles, since no one really considers edmunds.com as an authoritative automotive source...
Old 02-05-09, 07:30 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

How come their IS looks really good? Is it the drop?
Old 02-05-09, 07:42 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aside from all the BS in this thread, it is great seeing a positive review on the F-Sport parts. Although I think the guy is a little harsh on the IS250.

I disagree with his recommendation against the F intake. I think it adds a wonderful sound to the car. I love how the car comes alive when I get on it, but will stay quiet when I am cruising. I cannot comment on the F exhaust, but I have heard it is one of the loudest exhausts one can get for the 2IS.

Handling with the F-Sport suspension parts is a definite upgrade from stock. I agree on the better handling portion. I am surprised to see that it beat the IS-F in the slalom. However, I do not agree on his statement that it is comfortable at highway speeds or more comfortable than stock. The ride is a little harsher than stock.
Old 02-05-09, 08:18 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I imagine it beat the F due to being considerably lighter (and I'd expect a 350 to beat the F with the sway bars and such upgraded as well for the same reason).

I wasn't clear on if they had the same tires on their test F and the test 250, that could certainly make a huge difference as well...if I weren't so lazy I'd go back and check if they said or not :P
Old 02-05-09, 09:04 PM
JKA.nyc
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm really considering getting the F sport wheels but I don't think they would look good without a drop and I'm afraid to drop my car b/c I live in nyc and I can imagine bottoming out on a regular basis....