To (2IS300 Middle East) Don't try!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-09, 09:40 AM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurtz
No, it's slower.

Normal mode shifts at a higher rpm than power mode when the car is floored.

As I said, Gernby has proven this with datalogging and posted the results here previously.
1.) So the best way its to race in NORMAL mode (no ECT)?
2.) How about in DRIVE or SPORT???

I feel like in ECT mode i get a better jump, specially form 0-20 mph.
Old 02-07-09, 11:06 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Emarati_K
Yes its in Al Ain.. Its not just Dubai and Sharja have everything you know.. Al Ain is growing big now a days, but still it wil be a place for relaxing.

HAha i know i grew up in AlAin, Beautiful City, very lush and green,

In general all the tuning done locally is pretty crap. Ya3nee if u see the 3ajayeb that some tuning shops do some cars here ud be shocked. I wont trust any products fabricated here, i barely even trust them installing anything.
Old 02-07-09, 11:33 AM
Emarati_K
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ndk83
HAha i know i grew up in AlAin, Beautiful City, very lush and green,

In general all the tuning done locally is pretty crap. Ya3nee if u see the 3ajayeb that some tuning shops do some cars here ud be shocked. I wont trust any products fabricated here, i barely even trust them installing anything.
well it's up to you. I didn't ask you to go and check it out. Do what ever you wish and install your stuff where ever you wish. still you won't gain much from adding all of that to your car. Your max HP of adding filter, exhaust, midpipe or full exhaust..etc will be not more than 15-20 hp... Unless you find Turbo or super charger that suite the crappy engine we have.

Installing stuff in garage in my opinion is better than even going to TOM'S and ask him to install something on my car in the middle east. That guy installed the kit for me and after 4 months the paint started to crack... I went back to him 6 times to repaint it cause he didn't do the painting very well and that caused it to crack. He didn't want to do it... I went back to Al Ain and asked one of the pro garages to do the paint for me and they done it perfectly and better than TOM'S middle east.

There are garages who would do good job, by installing things correctly and there are garages who doesn't know what to do. They just cut here and there and install which is wrong.

You gotta find the right place if you are looking for the right part. It doesn't have to be from known brand. If it's made well and it will do the same job as the known brand like Fox Exhaust and Tanabe..etc
Old 02-07-09, 02:05 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by juice14
1.) So the best way its to race in NORMAL mode (no ECT)?
2.) How about in DRIVE or SPORT???

I feel like in ECT mode i get a better jump, specially form 0-20 mph.
From a dead stop, floored, ect-power mode gains you nothing, and shifts at a lower rpm (so you'll do better in normal mode).

What ECT-power is useful for is part-throttle or on/off throttle driving... here's what it actually does:

In 2nd-5th it will hold the gear longer if you pull off the gas, so acceleration resumes more quickly when you get back on it.

In 4-6th gear it downshifts more rapidly than normal mode if you floor it from part-throttle.

In 4-6th gear it downshifts rapidly when you brake to provide better engine braking and quicker acceleration when you get back on the gas.

That's it.
Old 02-07-09, 03:43 PM
wilwilB
Driver

Originally Posted by Emarati_K
Unless you find Turbo or super charger that suite the crappy engine we have.
come on our engine is not crap. it's slow doesn't mean it's crap. it's not all about speed
Old 02-07-09, 07:53 PM
Emarati_K
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by wilwilB
come on our engine is not crap. it's slow doesn't mean it's crap. it's not all about speed
I'm not talking about the 250... I'm talking about the middle east engine its different from your 250 and 350 engine.

You can't even install a good air intake into it.
Old 02-07-09, 09:18 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

You can't install a good air intake on the 250 or 350 engines either, from an adding-power perspective. The best ones add 5 hp.

The 3GR-FE doesn't use direct injection though, so it -ought- to be easier to mod than the 250 or 350 engine, it's just that it sees such relatively limited use there's not much market for developing anything for it...

It puts out -more- power than the IS250 engine though (being larger in displacement after all)... an IS250 with intake and exhaust ought to be putting out roughly the same numbers as a bone stock IS300 (2nd gen).

They're SOL for making the car put out IS350 numbers, but so is the entire rest of the world where they don't sell 350s either (outside of US, Canada, and Japan I think)
Old 02-07-09, 09:41 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

^^ Theoretically, this car should be very tune-able. we have a much lower compression rate than the 250/350 cars, Supercharger for the IS300 is very possible, and im pretty sure there are a few ponies tapable, w/ just the ECU/ECT upgrade. All in all we could easily lay down 300 hp.

BTw what Emarti was talking about is that the JOe Z pipe and other intakes dont fit on our car, trust me wed be happy w/ better sound and the 5hp increase lol

The problem? Since our market is unique, there isnt any tunring for it. Everything we get is from the US or Japan. Most IS drivers around are either women, or guys who are not gear heads. So tuning this car will never happen, but i guess thats a good thing, this way i get to keep my warranty haha
Old 02-08-09, 08:08 AM
A.C Milan
Lead Lap

^
don't know about you guys, but when i got the lexus I wasn't looking for power, what I really want is a good sound and that i will get from an exhaust, I don't know if the engine has to do with it (probably not) but I've heard a 2IS300 here with an SP2 exhaust and it was reaaalllly nice , the exact sound I would like to hear, too bad it's $$$!

Last edited by A.C Milan; 02-08-09 at 08:13 AM.
Old 02-08-09, 08:18 AM
Emarati_K
Lead Lap

Milan what exhaust was that? Give info to whom is interested..
Old 02-17-09, 04:41 AM
Emarati_K
Lead Lap

I'm thinking of parting out and get an Infiniti G37 Coupe..

That is a real night mare modding and I'm going to test drive it soon and, if I like it I'm gonna part out and leave club lexus with my lexus selling it out and move to www.myg37.com
Old 02-17-09, 05:20 AM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

btw my car pulls on this dude with HKS and midpipe and joe z intake. i have joe z intake now. i pull on him until 3rd gear reaches he creeps up to me then his blinkers go on i believe the hks exhaust makes ya lose low end power so the power doesnt kick in till the high end. same thing with my friends is300. i pulled on him (raced to 0-90mph)third gear kicked in at 60 and he just walked over me. he also had the hks exhaust and joe z on the is300( 1st gen)
Old 02-17-09, 05:30 AM
Emarati_K
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mIStaboi
btw my car pulls on this dude with HKS and midpipe and joe z intake. i have joe z intake now. i pull on him until 3rd gear reaches he creeps up to me then his blinkers go on i believe the hks exhaust makes ya lose low end power so the power doesnt kick in till the high end. same thing with my friends is300. i pulled on him (raced to 0-90mph)third gear kicked in at 60 and he just walked over me. he also had the hks exhaust and joe z on the is300( 1st gen)
I'm not talking about the IS300 1st Gen. I have IS300 2nd Gen which is sold in china and middle east and some other parts of the world.

This car acceleration suck, power suck... People who own it and think their car have got much big power to kick everyone off the street than he is just wanna be racing... cause this car for the looks...

If it was IS350 I guess it would be okay. IS300 for middle east 2nd gen tell me more about it... Its not for racing.. It's for those who want to feel they are driving fast but they are not.
Old 02-21-09, 11:04 PM
kattanh3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rashoodz
He removed it, because the cops are a*ses.
lol sounds like i got away with a lot on my road trips as for the manual vs. auto comment, we all know that the fastest run from a stand still is:
  • press on the traction control release button once
  • start with manual mode on 1st gear
  • shift to Auto to reach the second gear... and leave it there
My guess is that the difference in performance was due to different weights (body kit/wheels/fuel/ spare tire/other items in the trunk etc)
As for performance gains, yeah the ME version is crap! I'm trying to get all the performance parts that I can afford I still feel like a poser lol