IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Question For Those With Infant Seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-09, 07:14 AM
Lenscap
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question For Those With Infant Seats

If you have an infant seat in your IS, do you have a seat protector that prevents the leather from getting ruined? If yes, what brand is it and do you like it?

I'm getting a new IS 350 and don't know which seat protector to get.
Old 02-07-09, 07:36 AM
cssnms
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Guess there are not many IS owners on here with kids

I've got two kids and have seat protectors under each of their car seats in both my GX and IS. They work great a preventing the dimples in the seats at the pressure points. I use the Prince Lionheart brand - think we picked it up at Baby's R Us, but I am sure you can find them online. They come in different colors to match your cars interior.
Old 02-07-09, 07:50 AM
l3lkis250
Driver

Originally Posted by cssnms
Guess there are not many IS owners on here with kids

I've got two kids and have seat protectors under each of their car seats in both my GX and IS. They work great a preventing the dimples in the seats at the pressure points. I use the Prince Lionheart brand - think we picked it up at Baby's R Us, but I am sure you can find them online. They come in different colors to match your cars interior.
Same one we used!
Old 02-07-09, 08:04 AM
Janizary
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I had to go look, but sure enough, they are 'Prince Lionheart'. Use them in my IS, the wife's EOS, and our Ridgeline RTL. They do a great job of keeping scuffs and other crap off the seats and capture crumbs, spills, etc. with their raised lips. There's no food in the IS or the EOS, but those have saved a few disasters in the Ridge.
Old 02-07-09, 08:07 AM
jns350
Lexus Champion

Geesh....not many Lexus dads here huh....here is the one I got from a friend it's a Eddie Bauer Car Seat Protector you can get from BB&B
here is a link to it online
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...1&SKU=15135743

congrats!!!
Old 02-07-09, 08:28 AM
bwesley
Driver

This Lexus dad finally got to sleep in this morning.

I'm with jns350, we have the Eddie Bauer in my wife's RX and we love it! Very easy to clean. I have a Recaro seat in rear passenger side of my IS350 with no pad, but I keep a really absorbent towel in the seatback pocket... so far, so good.
Old 02-07-09, 08:31 AM
cssnms
Racer

Originally Posted by jns350
Geesh....not many Lexus dads here huh....here is the one I got from a friend it's a Eddie Bauer Car Seat Protector you can get from BB&B
here is a link to it online
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...1&SKU=15135743

congrats!!!
This was the first seat protector I bought and I threw it out after 2 weeks after I noticed the leather seat back and seat area getting dimpled. The problem with this model is there is no seat back protection and the nylon material does little to protect the leather seating area against dimpling at the pressure points which is usually the biggest issue with child seats.

Last edited by cssnms; 02-07-09 at 08:34 AM.
Old 02-07-09, 08:33 AM
Lenscap
Driver

Thanks for all the replies! I did see the Prince Lionheart at Babies R Us and will probably pick up that one. I hope it still doesn't ruin the leather as the back seat in the IS is so bucket-like. I'm think of putting a towel under the seat protector for extra protection.

Yeah, people think I'm crazy for getting an IS 350 with a 10-month old son. But I just love the car and figure I'll find a way to make it work. My wife's Accord will be used most of the time anyway. And like Janizary, there won't be any food in the IS.
Old 02-07-09, 08:39 AM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

I have a Recaro seat with the Prince Lionheart protector plus some foam material and a couple of towels underneath. I have an MDX where I just used the seat protector and while it protects the leather from scratching, etc. it still leaves some marks. The foam is under the seat and the towels are near the latch areas and the seat back. When I remove the car seat for cleaning it looks like the leather seat is untouched.
Old 02-07-09, 08:41 AM
cssnms
Racer

Originally Posted by Lenscap
Thanks for all the replies! I did see the Prince Lionheart at Babies R Us and will probably pick up that one. I hope it still doesn't ruin the leather as the back seat in the IS is so bucket-like. I'm think of putting a towel under the seat protector for extra protection.

Yeah, people think I'm crazy for getting an IS 350 with a 10-month old son. But I just love the car and figure I'll find a way to make it work. My wife's Accord will be used most of the time anyway. And like Janizary, there won't be any food in the IS.
Once you feel this thing it will put your worries to rest it's solid. You sound **** like me and I have had no problems with the seats being dimpled/damaging and I use no towel. The ONLY concern I had initially was that it did not come up quite high enough on the seat back for my liking and because it is such a deep bucket seat the outsides of the car seat had a tendancy to touch the leather at the bolster. To solve that I just pulled it up higher on the seat and made sure all contact points where covered, strapped down the carseat and it does not move. Good luck and congrats!
Old 02-07-09, 09:13 AM
Lenscap
Driver

Originally Posted by cssnms
Once you feel this thing it will put your worries to rest it's solid. You sound **** like me and I have had no problems with the seats being dimpled/damaging and I use no towel. The ONLY concern I had initially was that it did not come up quite high enough on the seat back for my liking and because it is such a deep bucket seat the outsides of the car seat had a tendancy to touch the leather at the bolster. To solve that I just pulled it up higher on the seat and made sure all contact points where covered, strapped down the carseat and it does not move. Good luck and congrats!
Thanks for the info! I'm not sure what you mean when you say you pulled the protector higher. Does the back part then not touch the lower seat cushion portion?

The only other protector I've heard may be good is the Sunshine, but I don't know anyone that has it (all my friends have the Prince Lionheart).
Old 02-07-09, 10:06 AM
ELL Y
Lexus Test Driver

What are people with children doing in an IS?!
haha just kidding. Thanks for the good information (who knows...maybe me one day?)
Old 02-07-09, 10:39 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

If you have an infant seat in your IS, do you have a seat protector that prevents the leather from getting ruined? If yes, what brand is it and do you like it?

I'm getting a new IS 350 and don't know which seat protector to get.
Yes--I have the Eddie Bauer one. I don't think there's much difference in them. I got it at Target or Babies R Us.
Old 02-07-09, 10:43 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Well--in 2 months, you will be turning the seat around and you will have plenty of room. I have one front facing convertible seat (Britax) and a booster seat.

I think it's near impossible to keep the leather from getting dimpled from the car seat (assuming you have it in correctly--nice and tight), but it's just a fact of life IMHO. can't keep the car perfect...
Old 02-07-09, 11:28 AM
axis77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have eddie bauer car seat, and i got some type of mat from babys r us....

Quick Reply: Question For Those With Infant Seats