IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus drove 53 miles on car!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-09, 04:58 PM
Rippaflow
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikez
When I got my car back, I got half drank water bottles and tissues inside my car lol...
When I took a IS250 for a loaner car while my GS430 was in for full fluids replacement/flush, timing belt w/water pump, and quite a few other little things.. (needless to say 2500 dollar bill LOL)...They put like 14 or 15 miles on the car, though when I got it back it was only reading 11mpg...but anyway

The is250 loaner had a half drank water bottle in the glovebox with numerous tissues. Maybe its a lexus dealer trend?
Old 02-08-09, 05:00 PM
DRivera250
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

which dealer did you take it too?
Old 02-08-09, 05:04 PM
DGZis350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by badpinoy
which dealer did you take it too?
Sewell Lexus off Lemmon Ave...
Old 02-08-09, 06:07 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

they just fed you a can of BS
Old 02-08-09, 09:21 PM
LP07GS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DGZis350
I realize there has to be QC. I get that and appreciate it. However ,as a consumer and customer of Lexus I would hope to not get a general answer to a problem before actually knowing about the problem. I myself am a GM of a large hotel in North Dallas. I can't give out solutions to problems to my guests before hearing about the problem first. In my case, SA Mgr didn't know that I drove an IS or what TSB's were performed before explaining to me the 53 miles put on. I'm sure most people can agree with me. I'm not looking to get anyone fired, just need a straight answer on mileage that I believe is excessive. At least warn the customer that this is going to happen:thumbup:

Ian
I just took my GS350 in to Sewell(Dallas) for the 3 recalls and for regular service and now I'm a little nervous! LOL.. Hey Ian, how about a hook-up on some free nights at the hotel? j/k
Old 02-08-09, 09:33 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

wow.... I didn't even check! This is one thing I WILL be looking at next time my car goes in!
Old 02-08-09, 09:44 PM
DGZis350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LP07GS
I just took my GS350 in to Sewell(Dallas) for the 3 recalls and for regular service and now I'm a little nervous! LOL.. Hey Ian, how about a hook-up on some free nights at the hotel? j/k
lol. Trust me I get that a lot. Seriously though.. if a fellow CL member ever needs a discount on a hotel room in North Dallas, feel free to shoot me an email at "lq0706gm@laquinta.com"
Old 02-08-09, 11:27 PM
Akatsuki
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lam N 002
get the sand out of your vagina.....who cares. they did u a favor and fixed your car.
not really... its all added in his 40k plus price tag.. trust me its all in there! no favor at all!

53 is a load of test driving.
Old 02-09-09, 05:10 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eric_r_ho
What the hell are you guys talkin' about complaining to the service manager..repairs like that honestly DO require the cars to be driven. It's called QUALITY CONTROL. When cars come back for repeat complaints it looks really bad from a corporate standpoint and it's also a way to ensure something was fixed the first visit. Don't go to the service manager when you don't need to because you're wasting everybody's time. It's people like you that make my life at work hard when I have to explain to customers the same rhyme every single time. Plus, if the car was used to LUNCH purposes there wouldn't be that many miles due to that. Techs work off flag rate, meaning they get paid on what they do. Why would they take an extended lunch? Think about it people and don't go and crap all over the service
advisors surveys, we get paid off those surveys too. Do your research before you jump to conclusions.
You are wrong, wrong wrong! There is no reason on Gods green earth that they needed to drive his car that many miles. There was no CEL, just service campaigns. He had the fuel pipe and engine grind noise taken care of along with three other campaigns, probably steering rack, fuel rail, and rear brake dust boots. All of this work would not require a 50+ mile test drive.
Your right about techs being payed a flat rate. Why take an extended lunch when they're not getting payed for it? LOL Why test drive a car for 52 miles when they're not getting payed for it? Around the block, maybe, but not 52 miles. Lexus's flat rate time for *any* job does not include the test drive. He can complain to the dealer but sinse miles can't be removed from a car they might settle for a free LOF or something.
Old 02-09-09, 05:40 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by eric_r_ho
What the hell are you guys talkin' about complaining to the service manager..repairs like that honestly DO require the cars to be driven. It's called QUALITY CONTROL. When cars come back for repeat complaints it looks really bad from a corporate standpoint and it's also a way to ensure something was fixed the first visit. Don't go to the service manager when you don't need to because you're wasting everybody's time. It's people like you that make my life at work hard when I have to explain to customers the same rhyme every single time. Plus, if the car was used to LUNCH purposes there wouldn't be that many miles due to that. Techs work off flag rate, meaning they get paid on what they do. Why would they take an extended lunch? Think about it people and don't go and crap all over the service
advisors surveys, we get paid off those surveys too. Do your research before you jump to conclusions.

Well--how do you KNOW you don't need to go to the service manager if you don't call him or her to discuss the issue? If you have a problem, you call the SM. If driving 53 miles over a 5 day period is normal, customary and reasonable to make sure the dealer has properly done its job, the SM will relay this information to the customer. But, the only way to make sure that this is legit is to call.

I do not think a complaint to corporate is proper, if you haven't called the dealer first.
Old 02-09-09, 05:46 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

get the sand out of your vagina.....who cares. they did u a favor and fixed your car.
It's not your "buddy" putting on a window tint. It's the Lexus dealer doing the job that they are paid to do (whether paid by the customer or by corporate for a wararanty or TSIB repair). It doesn't give them free reign to treat a customer's car as their own.
Old 02-09-09, 05:48 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS350jet
You are wrong, wrong wrong! There is no reason on Gods green earth that they needed to drive his car that many miles. There was no CEL, just service campaigns. He had the fuel pipe and engine grind noise taken care of along with three other campaigns, probably steering rack, fuel rail, and rear brake dust boots. All of this work would not require a 50+ mile test drive.
Your right about techs being payed a flat rate. Why take an extended lunch when they're not getting payed for it? LOL Why test drive a car for 52 miles when they're not getting payed for it? Around the block, maybe, but not 52 miles. Lexus's flat rate time for *any* job does not include the test drive. He can complain to the dealer but sinse miles can't be removed from a car they might settle for a free LOF or something.
Is the thing an IS-F?? They work on these cars every day, all day long. Why do they need to joyride in a 350??
Old 02-09-09, 06:03 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DGZis350
Smoky- That would **** me off. 10mpg avg! I've seen mine at 10mpg before and that was the first 30 minutes I owned the car!
If they had to disconnect the battery for any reason before test driving, they could've easily reset his MPG. Getting an initial 10mpg avg wouldn't be abnormal over that short a distance, especially if they weren't immediately cruising at a constant speed.
Old 02-09-09, 07:03 AM
DGZis350
Driver School Candidate

Spoke to my SA this morning. He gave me the real answer. He said he let one of his techs take it home and do the road "testing". He said they are in a lose lose situation in cases like this. They wanna fix the car right but end up putting extra miles on it because they want to make sure it's perfect. At least it was not some BS reason like "we have special drivers that come in a drive these cars... " The real answer was all I wanted. Thanks for all your input fellas! Greatly appreciated.

Ian
Old 02-09-09, 07:33 AM
CapitalisT
Driver

and the quote of the day is.......

Quick Reply: Lexus drove 53 miles on car!