IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My Flat Black Lex!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-09, 07:49 AM
ChrISF
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

why would you have your car flat and then your rims gloss? that just doesn't look right...i hope you change up a few things to actually pull off the flat look...because its really tough to make a flat black colored car look good. e.i. johnny's car.
Old 02-28-09, 07:55 AM
eric_r_ho
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Meybe it's the lighting or your camera..but it looks like your car is getting primed to get painted bro..
Old 02-28-09, 09:39 AM
bygtimaish
Pole Position

Originally Posted by eric_r_ho
it looks like your car is getting primed to get painted bro..
my car is not getting "primed" My car is painted an actual flat black such as this car right here. Johnnyboy's flat black is a different variation.
Attached Thumbnails My Flat Black Lex!-bentleycgtmansorysj5.jpg  
Old 02-28-09, 09:42 AM
bygtimaish
Pole Position

tell me if you think that Mansoory Bentley is all actually "flat grey", or is it possible that johnnyboy's car might just not be real flat black.

oh and here's another "primered" flat grey car.
Attached Thumbnails My Flat Black Lex!-black-matte-enzo-8w.jpg  
Old 02-28-09, 09:44 AM
bygtimaish
Pole Position

and here are some more PRIMERED cars for you guys.
Attached Thumbnails My Flat Black Lex!-flatblackturbo.jpg  
Old 02-28-09, 09:44 AM
P Weezy
Lexus Champion

Looks great to me.
Old 02-28-09, 09:46 AM
bygtimaish
Pole Position

just let me know if you guys want to see anymore PRIMERED cars. I'd be more than happy to show you.
Old 02-28-09, 09:59 AM
IS350JDM
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sometimes some of these guys like to be over-critical. I'm sure your car will turn out great so don't be discouraged. Are you adding a lip kit and aftermarket wheels?
Old 02-28-09, 10:36 AM
iLexi
Lead Lap

Looks st8 but I bet it's just the picture that makes it look like flat gray
Old 02-28-09, 11:31 AM
PMok
Lead Lap

I think you already knew going into this that not everyone would like it, and for sure you'll be hearing more negative comments in the days to come... I mean if this kind of paint/color was more popular then it would be an option/paint choice for cars straight from the factory. You're doing it because it's different and I (and most others here) respect that, but it's just not our taste. That doesn't mean we don't enjoy seeing others' rides with it, but we might not do that to our own car. So props to you but I hope you have some thick skin to deflect all the negativity, or you shouldn't have done it in the first place.
Old 02-28-09, 12:52 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bygtimaish
I know that there are alot of mixed opinions about flat black cars these days, but i decided to get mine done regardless.

Please don't flame my car. If you are just going to hate, please don't.

tell me what you think?
Couple things.
I don't believe someone is hating or flaming your car if they don't like it. Everyone is not gonna like a lot of things. We wouldn't be humans if we liked everything someone else did.
Second, when you post pics and ask people what they think, it's all free game as long as they are respectful. Only jerks who trash others are off limits imo.
Lastly, what really matters is what you like. Don't let what people say bring you down. I wanna know who doesn't like whatever about me. That's life.

As for your ride....I'm not into the flat black or matte black thing. It makes the car look unfinished, like it needs a paint job. I don't understand liking that but that's just me. No biggie. Don't like all blacked out wheels either. Too tunerish. WHeels need some contrast to bring them out.

I respect the work and money put into the car and it is a cool ride. Enjoy!
Old 02-28-09, 01:00 PM
09 LEX 250
Driver

lol wow just wow
Old 02-28-09, 01:30 PM
VIP_ES300
Lexus Test Driver

i think it looks nice...smoke your tails!
Old 02-28-09, 01:35 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
Couple things.
I don't believe someone is hating or flaming your car if they don't like it. Everyone is not gonna like a lot of things. We wouldn't be humans if we liked everything someone else did.
Second, when you post pics and ask people what they think, it's all free game as long as they are respectful. Only jerks who trash others are off limits imo.
Lastly, what really matters is what you like. Don't let what people say bring you down. I wanna know who doesn't like whatever about me. That's life.

As for your ride....I'm not into the flat black or matte black thing. It makes the car look unfinished, like it needs a paint job. I don't understand liking that but that's just me. No biggie. Don't like all blacked out wheels either. Too tunerish. WHeels need some contrast to bring them out.

I respect the work and money put into the car and it is a cool ride. Enjoy!
I couldn't agree more. If you post on here, you should be prepared to hear both outcomes. Afterall, that is the essence of a public forum. It doesn't mean we are haters. It just means we all have different tastes, which is great. Some people say it more tactfully than others, and that's perhaps what you meant by your kindness request. Either way, it's your car and you shouldn't worry about what others think. If you like it, then that is all that matters in the end. Earlier today, a black Infiniti G37 pulled up next to me at the light. The guy was blasting his bass so loud it was vibrating MY rear view mirror. People were putting up their windows and he was looking around at everyone laughing. But the worst part was he had RED rims and an all red third brakelight surround! It was the ugliest G I've ever seen. That coupled with the obnoxious bass taking over my own ride and I had to fight to keep the road rage from rearing it's ugly head.
So what does this have to do with you car? I have no idea man... I only got two hours of sleep last night and I am out of it.

Last edited by Fizzboy7; 02-28-09 at 01:39 PM.
Old 02-28-09, 02:09 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

No hate, no love either.

Quick Reply: My Flat Black Lex!