IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Aftermarket Seats

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-10, 08:41 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cholmes1
I have not been able to find any further references to this, but if you were to swap IS-F seats into a 350 with the ventilation couldn't you simply swap or add the ventilation feature to the F seats? It has the leather perforations like the 350 vented seats, so I cannot imagine a quality shop couldn't do the job. Might even be a driveway weekend swap??

Thoughts??
Just get the F seats and do the vented seat mod, theres a thread about it. i forget what it was called though
Old 08-20-10, 10:52 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I want to get the Rear F seats in my car so I dont have to carry 3 people in the back ...
Old 08-21-10, 12:48 AM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
I want to get the Rear F seats in my car so I dont have to carry 3 people in the back ...
hahaha me too. most people believe me when i tell them my car is a 4 seater due to the hump and no bucket for the middle seat. i wanna hide the seatbelt somehow.
Old 08-21-10, 12:15 PM
cholmes1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the information guys. fknISC808 I could not find any such mod. If you could please try to recall the title. I searched this forum, the is forums, and a full google search with no hint of anyone putting the cooling fan on the IS-F seat.

Like I said earlier I don't think it would be that difficult, but it is always better to see someone who has done it before I start hacking around down there....

I really need this seat swap. With me being 6'9 the standard seats are just too darn high for me to sit and see comfortably.

Thanks for your help guys.

Also I am sure you have seen these, but for the fronts and rears I think its a pretty good price and in talking to them they seem pretty willing to find any part of interest.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-...ts_Accessories

Look forward to seeing that seat mod
Old 08-24-10, 07:35 AM
cholmes1
Rookie

Bump for answer to IS-F cooling mod
Old 08-24-10, 07:48 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bump for answer to IS-F cooling mod
I'm not aware of such a mod. Some people have modded their stock ISx50 seats to increase the cooling, but there hasn't been anything on the forums to customize an ISF seat to the same effect.
Old 08-24-10, 08:49 AM
cholmes1
Rookie

Thanks Montgb. That is what I figured, but fknISC808 got my hopes up earlier making it sound like a common modification. With the perforations I don't know that it would be that difficult, but certainly nothing plug-and-play.

Thanks
Old 08-24-10, 08:57 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man if there was a thread like that, I would've gotten those damn seats! haha
Old 08-24-10, 09:00 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks Montgb. That is what I figured, but fknISC808 got my hopes up earlier making it sound like a common modification. With the perforations I don't know that it would be that difficult, but certainly nothing plug-and-play.

Thanks
I thought the whole problem (and reason the F seats don't have this to begin with) was that they were low to the point you can't physically fit the fans and such in the seats?
Old 08-24-10, 10:22 AM
cholmes1
Rookie

That was my understanding as well, but if they have the mountings, etc you can shave or even swap fans and at least have some result. With my physical height these IS-F seats are an absolute must. However, I cannot logically pull the trigger on a purchase if I know that no one has had success in hooking anything up.
Old 08-24-10, 10:45 AM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

I FOUND IT! Here it is, dont hate me for what it is. I just remember seeing this thread
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...eats-easy.html

I found this while searching for the other thread.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-your-car.html

2nd one seems like a better option although i did not really read the thread.

ps. sorry for the excitement.
Old 08-24-10, 10:48 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First one is for ISx50's to IMPROVE their cooling feature. Second one is how to add it to ISx50's LOL. IS-F seats, as stated before don't even come with a fan
Old 08-24-10, 10:51 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seats? not a fan, too fat.
Old 08-24-10, 10:54 AM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
First one is for ISx50's to IMPROVE their cooling feature. Second one is how to add it to ISx50's LOL. IS-F seats, as stated before don't even come with a fan
IS-F's dont have a vent providing air to their passengers in the rear? if thats true thats Hella FAIL. i want my toes nice and cold.

all joking aside, if those two dont help in any way...my bad. i misinterpreted the whole situation. haha
Old 08-24-10, 12:00 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by fknISC808
IS-F's dont have a vent providing air to their passengers in the rear? if thats true thats Hella FAIL. i want my toes nice and cold.

all joking aside, if those two dont help in any way...my bad. i misinterpreted the whole situation. haha
On the ISx50 there's fans under the seats that suck the cold air passing under the seat up to blow up the seat... kinda like this:

__ your butt
xx fan blowing air up
----------> flow of cold air from floor vent to rear passengers

The mod suggested directs the vent air to go up into where the fan is located to greatly increase the amount of cold air the fan can blow onto your butt.

The F seats don't have a fan at all (nor room for one).

redirecting the air to the fanless seat bottom of the F seat isn't likely to do much for you.

Hope that clarifies a bit

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Seats