IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Is there a fix for the vibrating inside RV mirror

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-09, 08:39 PM
jracerlmn
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikes rx
Not to confuse anyone, but my IS350C does NOT have this "new" mirror.

Mine is the same as the old style, yet does NOT rattle, top up or down, windows up or down
agreed. My guy at my dealership wants this new mirror too. He has an IS too. He says he's NEVER seen this mirror before. Part # pls. I actually printed this whole thread for him and he worked it accordingly. He even looked at the TSIB and matched it. Gave me the old style mirror with the freaking reinforcement.

Could you get the part number for this mirror pls?
Old 10-20-09, 08:55 PM
J_Hao
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jracerlmn
agreed. My guy at my dealership wants this new mirror too. He has an IS too. He says he's NEVER seen this mirror before. Part # pls. I actually printed this whole thread for him and he worked it accordingly. He even looked at the TSIB and matched it. Gave me the old style mirror with the freaking reinforcement.

Could you get the part number for this mirror pls?
TSIB L-SB-0072-09

part number: SPO 87810--0W23-0 and SPO 87818--3301-0
Old 12-21-09, 08:25 PM
isthrizzy
Lead Lap

what dealer did you go to? I had mine done a while back, but it still rattles.

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Is yours the new style mirror too? My dealer is still refusing to replace mine since it's already been tweaked from the first TSB. Grrrrrr.
Old 12-21-09, 08:53 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by isthrizzy
what dealer did you go to? I had mine done a while back, but it still rattles.
Keyes refused after doing the first tweak. Westminster is saying they'll "take care of it" but that's going to waste a day of driving out to the OC. I'm still waiting for a break in my schedule to go.
Old 01-13-10, 11:58 AM
09starfire
Driver

I just took my 09 into Kearny Mesa Lexus here in San Diego to get the rear view mirror replaced.

At first the service adviser didn't even want to acknowledge the problem. He said it was normal and wanted to take me on a ride to show me that it is normal. So he went to get the tech guy to go along with me, but right when the tech guy asked me what I was experiencing and what year my car was, he said, "I remember there being something from the factory about a replacement part." He took about 5 minutes to pull up the TSIB and now I'm getting the new rear view mirror.

So my suggestion is if the service adviser is being a punk about your request, ask to take to one of the technicians.
Old 01-13-10, 03:23 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 122 Likes on 47 Posts

I had mine replaced about a month ago as well. My problem was that my 12" sub was putting out so much base, that it would completely knock the mirror down. I took it back for the TSIB and now it doesnt move, its very stiff . PS the mirror cost about 1000$ which was what the guy @ my lexus dealer was telling me. Cant be a G for Free
Old 01-13-10, 07:20 PM
darrelld
Driver

Originally Posted by DrGP
My inside RV mirror vibrates excessively only when the sunroof is open.It is very annoying to me. At my 100 mile check up I pointed out this problem to the service writer, and was told that the mirror on my car was actually the upgraded part that was now being used as OEM. I was told that there was no other remedy for the problem. I know that there was a TSB for the 07 cars. I took a copy of the TSB along with me for the service. Mine is an 08. Anyone have a recommendation
I had my mirror replaced on my 06 and the problem has yet to return. Before the replacement it got so bad it was unusable. Even at engine idle the mirror would shake.
Old 01-13-10, 09:35 PM
jracerlmn
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 09starfire
I just took my 09 into Kearny Mesa Lexus here in San Diego to get the rear view mirror replaced.

At first the service adviser didn't even want to acknowledge the problem. He said it was normal and wanted to take me on a ride to show me that it is normal. So he went to get the tech guy to go along with me, but right when the tech guy asked me what I was experiencing and what year my car was, he said, "I remember there being something from the factory about a replacement part." He took about 5 minutes to pull up the TSIB and now I'm getting the new rear view mirror.

So my suggestion is if the service adviser is being a punk about your request, ask to take to one of the technicians.
Kearny Mesa Lexus is a big in terms of wanting to make your TSIB problems go away. I had to go to carlsbad to get it fixed. Carlsbad pwns the F outta Kearny mesa
Old 06-10-10, 06:54 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Is there any DIY to fix this mirror problem?
Old 06-10-10, 08:21 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by worker
Is there any DIY to fix this mirror problem?
Uh... buy the new mirror, install it?

Or just go to the dealer and let him do it free under the LSB
Old 06-10-10, 08:50 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

^ I was thinking just a fix... no buying anything. My mirror works fine.

I'm thinking something like this but wondering if any1 done it and how it turn out.
Old 06-10-10, 11:36 AM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

I heard the home link button on the new mirror does not work as well as the previous one. Some user can't program it to their garage like they did before. Is this true?
Old 06-10-10, 11:56 AM
09starfire
Driver

after i got the TSIB done (with the new rear-view mirror), it still shakes/rattles when i have the sunroof open. its just as bad as the original mirror.

is anybody experiencing this with the new mirror?
any chance Lexus will work on this again?
Old 06-10-10, 01:40 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 09starfire
after i got the TSIB done (with the new rear-view mirror), it still shakes/rattles when i have the sunroof open. its just as bad as the original mirror.

is anybody experiencing this with the new mirror?
any chance Lexus will work on this again?
When did you have it done? From what I've seen there have been at least two versions of a "new" mirror to address this, the most recent being the IS-C mirror that seems to fix it (did for me anyway)

Originally Posted by Initial_K
I heard the home link button on the new mirror does not work as well as the previous one. Some user can't program it to their garage like they did before. Is this true?
Has worked just fine for me with the new one... can't see why it'd work any differently.
Old 06-15-10, 12:22 PM
worker
Lexus Champion

how do you remove the mirror?

Quick Reply: Is there a fix for the vibrating inside RV mirror