IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

a st*p*d girl situation

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-09, 01:14 PM
Annalyz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a st*p*d girl situation

ok, i got banged on the driver's side door... it was hard enough to damage the middle pillar and door panel to hit my arm! the auto body shop changed the whole front door and so forth, but... my door sounds hollow when i close it and i can hear road noise! is that normal? the body shop said, they transfered the sound deadning... i don't know? the body shop offered to spray something in the door, but... it won't be stock! should i buy dynomat instead? i'm sooooo unhappy... can anyone suggest what i should say or do when i go to the shop? i'm so fustrated!

anyways, thanks in advance...
Old 03-09-09, 01:18 PM
eric_r_ho
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like they didn't really put all the sound deadening material back in there..dynomat most likely won't do much except make the door heavier. Just make sure they did what they said they did or you can pull off the door panel yourself it's only 2 bolts
Old 03-09-09, 01:51 PM
KML505
Driver

^ i agree with eric. I think they are trying to rip you off since you are a female (no offense). make sure you have them show you everything they put in your door panel before you pay for anything. Sounds like somebody is trying to come up a little....
Old 03-09-09, 02:24 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

if you went through your insurance company, have them deal with it.
Old 03-09-09, 02:40 PM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

i'm with ^^^^^^^^^ if not get more sound dampening material!!
Old 03-09-09, 03:22 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

take it to another shop.....gl
Old 03-09-09, 03:46 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Did you go thru insurance with the accident? If so, I would have them deal with the headache. If not, I agree with everyone else and you should take it back to the shop you got the work done and have them take it apart again and show you that they replaced everything and did everything correctly.

Good luck.
Old 03-09-09, 04:15 PM
Annalyz
Lead Lap

my car is getting fixed through the other driver's insurance... after taking my car to the body shop 5x, i was discouraged and got the insurance involved! after i post this reply, i'm going to run away from work and look at the inside of the door... if the door is still messed up, i'm going to take it up with the insurance adjuster and let him figure it out!

this is the most expensive car i bought and can't be fixed... shucks, i should have kept my hachiroku!

oh, thanks to a cl hawaii member for the 411... i'll let you know the outcome!
Old 03-09-09, 05:02 PM
iLexi
Lead Lap

Dang that sucks! Are you okie tho
Old 03-09-09, 05:24 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

You gotta make sure your insurance handles this problem for you. Tell them you dont safe. Do whatever you gotta do make them fix this problem and nothing should come out of your own pocket.
Old 03-09-09, 05:56 PM
Annalyz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by iLexi
Dang that sucks! Are you okie tho
thanks for asking... i should be ok!
Old 03-09-09, 06:06 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Aw...that sucks. Sorry to say, places will try to pull the wool over your eyes just because you're a girl....trust me I've been there. Don't settle until you're completely satisfied. Good luck! Keep us posted.
Old 03-09-09, 06:11 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if the insurance company your dealing with is Alstate they gurantee you car should be back to oem standards and if you are not satisfied they have to do whatever it take to make the problem right. My mom wreck her camry and the insurance company sent it to Toyota dealer to have it repaired and we had to send it back like 4 times until they got it right and it was in writing... Good luck, and hows the weather ? LoL
Old 03-10-09, 12:53 PM
Annalyz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
if the insurance company your dealing with is Alstate they gurantee you car should be back to oem standards and if you are not satisfied they have to do whatever it take to make the problem right. My mom wreck her camry and the insurance company sent it to Toyota dealer to have it repaired and we had to send it back like 4 times until they got it right and it was in writing... Good luck, and hows the weather ? LoL
it's sunny in waikiki... how's the weather over there? lol.

so, i ran away from work to take a look at the inside of my new door... the shop owner pointed out the sound deadning, measured the door width and razzed on about mass produced parts whatever! i analyzed the 2 doors for 30 minutes or so and noticed a slight bent piece in the new door... i pointed it out to the shop owner, blah blah blah, mass produced! ahh, whatever... i give up! i didn't want to wait for the donkey to put on my door panel and wash my car, so... i told them i'll pick up my car after work!

blah, i picked up my car after work... the owner was like, go open and close your door! i open and close my door... no hollow sound! the owner said, they straightened this and caulked that... it seems like, the bent piece i pointed out was the problem! he, he... sooo erking!!!

anyways, my car is fixed... after taking my car to the shop 6 times! lol.

alojahz, lei.
Old 03-10-09, 02:01 PM
Silver'04
Lead Lap

^^^ I'm glad it all got worked out in the end Lei. Maybe I'll see you around the Waipio area some time...hahaha. Your twin, Brandon.

BTW, Is Lei short for some thing? Only reason I ask is that my wife's name is Leila. Damn small world, similar name, and similar car....

Quick Reply: a st*p*d girl situation