Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

if you can't afford it. don't buy it. just my advice
Old 03-12-09, 10:07 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,953 Likes on 2,394 Posts

Originally Posted by daandman
Where can I find a dealer with Toyota Intelligent Tester 2? And what's TPMS? You're sure this works?
There's no such thing as an Intelligent Tester in North America anymore. They've moved to a laptop based system. Getting a US spec model reflashed for Canada might be a bit of a hassle depending on whom you know at the dealership.

Changing the F to C on the nav requires opening up the A/C ECU, and there are no documented procedures for doing this so you'd really be completely on your own to get this done.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 03-12-09 at 10:12 PM.
Old 03-12-09, 10:19 PM
Zender
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a US IS350 with Nav in Canada and the miles doesn't bother me as much as the temperature not being in celcius. Can't get use to making the conversion in my head as it's not a simple calculation.

I have looked into getting this changed at Toyota (no Lexus dealer nearby) and they were not able to do it. Even the MPG thing would be nice to change as the US MPG is about 4 -5 off og the Canadian MPG due to difference sizes of gallons. Grrr!

If anyone figures this out I would get it changed immediately... until then I will just get use to thinking anything around 30s F is cold!
Old 03-13-09, 12:59 AM
A/C
Driver

Where can I find a dealer with Toyota Intelligent Tester 2? And what's TPMS? You're sure this works?
I'm sure it works because I had it done to my car (AWD from USA) - both dashboard menu metric conversion and A/C unit coversion from F to C. Dashboard menu conversion is easy to do via any service computer each dealer should have. I can believe lobuxracer that North America dealers and shops use some laptop system instead of Int.Tester2 tool, but I'm sure the way they work is the same - you connect it to the car's service input (located under the hood/trunk opener) and simply change regional presets via computer menu (the computer uploads them into the car). You can implement Canada settings (almost completely metric except galons or MPG if I remember right) or European (completely metric but it will disable TPMS cus european IS250 come without it).

TPMS is tire pressure monitor system, IS250/350 from USA have it for sure and I like it.

Reflashing A/C unit ECU is indeed way more difficult. Probably there's not much experience of this in North America shops (who would want to do it?) but here many shops offer this service. Ask some workshops that deal with car electronics (DVD unlocking etc) if you really want to.

Last edited by A/C; 03-13-09 at 01:04 AM.
Old 02-23-10, 06:07 PM
RBeriault
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by A/C
Yes you can
Find a dealer or any workshop with Toyota Intelligent tester 2 (their service computer) and ask to implement Canada regional settings. Its a matter of 5 minutes. However this only concerns only your dashboard menu (where the speedometer is). Make sure it doesn't deactivate TPMS cus I don't remember if Lexus cars originally sold in Canada come with TPMS.

If you have the nav, then replacing F with C there in the Climate window is a big problem. I had it done to my car, don't know how exactly they did it but they disassembled half of dashboard and messed with ECU inside it. Not something you would want to do with a car under warranty.
Hi Daandman,

i just bought a used 2007 IS250 AWS with the navigation package and i'm trying to do conversion to metric. I've quoted what you mentionned and all the dealers I've talked do not have a clue of what I'm talking about.

Any insight on what I might tell them. With the Canadian settings I presume you were able to change the in board display computer in the sah to metric meaurements, gas consumption, temperature, etc. were you able to change the odometer and trip settings as well?

Thank you for your help.

Richard
Old 02-23-10, 08:25 PM
my06is350
Driver School Candidate

$35,500 (Canadian), 2007 IS250 AWD, luxury package w/ navigation -- basically fully loaded... low mileage, perfect condition & easily the best price I've found for an IS with nav.

I'm also considering leasing an '09 if my guy can get in into my price range, but that doesn't look like it's gonna happen & he's really starting to get on my nerves with not calling me when he says he's going to.

@35500 u can get a brand new 2010 is250awd in the US....i imported a 06is350 back in 2008 with 20kmiles sport/navi package 35000 all taxs n duties...u shouldnt be spending more then 30000 for that car.....hey you can probably import one yourself and probably save 5grand...use it for rims....that dealer is making at least 5k off u...importing was so eazy....its worth it i will never buy a cdn car again...i dont get y the same car seperated by a border is 10k more in msrp in canada...i love how cdn dealers sell US cars at canadian price in canada...what a rip off unless u dont have time and too much money to give...good luck