IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Looking at IS250 AWD. Your thoughts or comments?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-09, 03:27 PM
l2djae
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at IS250 AWD. Your thoughts or comments?

Hello,

I知 new to the forum and I hope I知 not upsetting too many people by asking the following question. Before I do, I壇 like to point out that I did indeed search and have read the FAQ and the buying threads. However, I feel that most of those threads are outdated, especially considering the dramatic downturn in our economy in the last 18 months.

So here痴 my situation. I知 looking to purchase an IS250 AWD, BMW 328 XI, or Infiniti G37X within the next three months as my FX35 lease is coming to an end. I live in Chicago, IL and would like some information on what price you guys are paying (recently within the last 6 months) for a brand new IS250 AWD relative to either the Invoice or MSRP price of the car. I致e heard that paying Invoice price is doable in this market? Can you verify this statement? When I price out an IS250 AWD with some options on KBB website, it gives me an invoice price of around 34-35K. Would you say this is about the price I知 looking to pay before taxes and doc fees?

Lastly, if anyone has any thoughts on the IS compared to the other two cars I知 considering, please let me know your thoughts. I知 just trying to do all the homework I can before making the purchase, so your inputs are welcome and much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-13-09, 07:34 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

Its a cold topic so I am trying to offer my 2cents here.

You cannot do much pricing here because no one can offer you any relistic value. Just visit more dealerships and get the better pricing one that fits your option and budget. Lexus in general cost higher than Infinity, and BMW pre-collect the free maintenance and try to break your wallet everytime you go back to the dealership.

About comparing cars without thinking their prices, I would pick the G37X because it is faster than an is250. Why not a bimmer? Because I believe Japanese makes better cars. Period. I am sure you have heard "Japanese vehicles are low maintenance" from your peers!!

If faster means better to you too, then the G37 is a better car already; but if you looking for a quality built vehicle then Lexus will be your best pick. The G37X, 3.7 litter engine with 4WD drivetrian (x=4wd? my guess).. there is nothing like that in Lexus and I would feel more fun to drive a 3.7 liter instead of a 2.5 engine.

Sorry I can't feedback much about the 328. I am JDM-Oriented.

Remind you some factors I care beside power when buying a car. I own a few cars and use for different purposes, so you need to work out your demands first.
-Road Noise (all about quality)
-Fuel consumtion (not apply in general)
-Interior space (family? friends? life style?)
-Easy of modification (hehehe)
-Resell value (forget any euro car, go check CraigsList to see how low they go)
-Speed (if faster = better, this should be your first and last post here.. Welcome/GoodBye, and go find a Nissan Z/G forum)

Good luck

Last edited by josephdoc; 03-13-09 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-13-09, 10:25 PM
mvlbr
Lead Lap

If you're gonna lease just get whatever is better for your pocket.
Old 03-13-09, 11:38 PM
slee18
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

talk to passnu2 he has the hook ups in chi-town. not a big fan of bimmers, my best friend owns one and not too impressed. funny thing is he like me seats more than his sport seats. smoother ride too. good luck on your decision!
Old 03-14-09, 12:02 AM
love67
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by slee18
talk to passnu2 he has the hook ups in chi-town. not a big fan of bimmers, my best friend owns one and not too impressed. funny thing is he like me seats more than his sport seats. smoother ride too. good luck on your decision!
i know!!! everyone just likes my seat haha....
Old 03-14-09, 12:07 AM
LXIGRL
Lead Lap

You can't go by KBB's figure..... What you should do is go down to several dealers and get quotes from them and see what works best for you.....
Old 03-14-09, 07:41 AM
Jefe's IS
Pole Position

Here it comes. 3 2 1 ...