IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Hit and Run!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-09, 09:29 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck on that and your Local Lexus dealer should know some good reputable body shop that they could recommend
Old 03-28-09, 09:55 AM
datplayaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

that sucks man, hopefully you can get it fix soon
Old 03-28-09, 11:36 AM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn thats terrible. You dont have a camera outside?? ANyways it should cost you around 500 bucks, cause its a easy job. To make it simple, buy the lense yourself.
GL with the repair.
Old 03-28-09, 11:57 AM
rli2bcz
Pole Position

that makes my eyes itch
Old 03-28-09, 01:48 PM
XhyDra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Had something like this happen to me as well, motorcyclist wasn't paying attention and ran into my bumper, had it repainted at my buddys shop. It shouldn't cost you more than 5 bills.
Old 03-28-09, 04:08 PM
bwesley
Driver

Originally Posted by Phil888
Damn thats terrible. You dont have a camera outside?? ANyways it should cost you around 500 bucks, cause its a easy job. To make it simple, buy the lense yourself.
GL with the repair.

Thanks everyone for the kind words! This is a really good forum!

Hey Phil888, we do have security cameras. I doubt if any of my co-workers would do that kind of thing, but I'll be checking all the white cars on Monday for sure. I'm also having someone review the security video. But I had a meeting at another location yesterday and my guess is that's when my car was hit.

How much does a bumper reflector lense cost? I have a part number (81920-53021).
Old 03-28-09, 04:18 PM
dayrinni
Rookie

I made a reply to this thread but waiting for an admin to approve it. I put a picture in it so I guess that is why I'm waiting. But short story: was rear ended and insurance said the damage was $3200.
Old 03-28-09, 04:54 PM
aceyou
Driver

sorry to hear and see that. people are not responsible at all.
Old 03-28-09, 09:38 PM
loroko
Rookie

Danmm i got the same problem a ^%$&^% hit my car and the body-shop is asking $ 580.00 for repaint it and replace the Lens
Old 03-30-09, 09:29 PM
bwesley
Driver

Originally Posted by dayrinni
Wow man that sucks!!!!

I was involved in an accident in Feb. I was at a red stop light and I was rear ended. I had to have the entire bumper replaced, and that metal plate under the spare tire was all crumpled. I brought it to my dealership, who has a body shop, and they repaired it. Told me there was no frame damage and most of it was just cosmetic (besides the removable plate). The other person's insurance paid for everything. The total was $3300 and took 6ish working days.

Here is a pic, I took right after the accident:

Hopefully that gives you an idea.
Hey glad to hear you're back on road after your accident!

I had my car at the dealership today for the TSB work and I got an estimate for the cost to repair the damage. It's going cost $641 (which includes $50 for the reflector lense) and should only take one day.
Old 03-30-09, 09:48 PM
w1ck3d64
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lexasaurus
Damn man, i'm sorry. How can someone hit a Lexus.. and just drive away? Humanity.
Hope all is fixed and lookin' brand new soon!
cause they know they will be charged up the *** for it -_-
Old 03-31-09, 01:00 PM
dayrinni
Rookie

Originally Posted by bwesley
Hey glad to hear you're back on road after your accident!

I had my car at the dealership today for the TSB work and I got an estimate for the cost to repair the damage. It's going cost $641 (which includes $50 for the reflector lense) and should only take one day.
Me too. I was given a Chevy Malibu for a rental car. Lets say I didn't drive very much LOL. They also cleaned the inside for me. My all weather floor mats were very dirty but when I climbed in, all nice and clean

No rattles or weird noises. Couldn't even tell it was damaged. I do have to go back in April (around 22ndish) to get the teflon paint coat thing placed on the back end. I've noticed that helps a lot in keeping the car clean and nice looking, especially in NY, where it snows a lot. It is even more evident when you look at the top of the trunk compared to the bumper. One is much more clean than the other. Well worth the amount I paid for it.

Hopefully there aren't any surprises in your car. Did you find out who did it?
Old 03-31-09, 01:18 PM
J250
Lexus Test Driver

I had the exact same damage as you did and what Ikonz350 said, its about $300 to get it all redone including new reflectors..
Old 03-31-09, 02:34 PM
bwesley
Driver

Hey dayrinni, post a pic when it's all done. Always to hear when a repair goes well! And no word on who did it. My guess is some hit it while attempting to parallel park and just drove off. It's sad that people just don't give a crap about other people's property, but karma will find them eventually.

Wow Muggy, $300 with the reflector is a damn good deal! I'm looking at over $600 and deciding if I want to file a claim or not.
Old 03-31-09, 04:57 PM
dayrinni
Rookie

I'll post a pic, it'll be kinda blurry cause its from my cell phone, lol. The batteries in my digital camera are long dead. I also have the invoice from the body shop for my records...I'll try to type that up so you can see the break down for the entire repair. I gave the body shop a great rating when the sales person called the week after i picked it up.

Quick Reply: Hit and Run!