IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

For all those with Black Top pls chime in....

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-09, 06:38 PM
GS3OO
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude black paint keeps your car cool and reduces heat loss. I say go for it.
Old 04-03-09, 06:38 PM
MCL1
Pole Position

my roof is black
Old 04-03-09, 06:41 PM
GS3OO
Driver School Candidate

nice. I'm thinking of having my roof painted black too. But its already black so I'm not sure if I want to repaint it, because it's already black.
Old 04-03-09, 07:02 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by L-S-D
hhahahaa dramaaaaa...
this jus a friendly discussion fellas u guys taking it too serious lol
Ain't no one taking it seriously but blklexo818 with his smart *** remarks in the first place.
Old 04-03-09, 09:08 PM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chrIS250
Vinyl is for records, not your car.

Get it painted.
I like that.. vinyl's are meant for my fingers to touch! not my roof

woah woah woah! for the guy who said that "Go Big or Go Home" is a dumb equation.. thats our Solo slogan buddy...

and 2nd.. thats not an equation.. there's no math involved in there.

I think our cars speak for themselves we like to go big!

Last edited by IAMJAVEDG; 04-03-09 at 09:13 PM.
Old 04-03-09, 09:18 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
Ain't no one taking it seriously but blklexo818 with his smart *** remarks in the first place.
and you see why i don't respond to most posts for people who wanna be smart asses but their just plain simple minded idiots lol

as for the whole issue. some mods can be cheap and still look good. but the main subject is vinyl or paint. you might as well do it right and go for paint since vinyl just doesn't do it(going by someone who has vinyl on their roof). nuff said. no need for smart asses on here to ruin a thread to answer a question (which the closed minded jackass didn't even do at all).

and as for chrIS250 post. nuff said lol

Last edited by Pnuge88; 04-03-09 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-03-09, 10:11 PM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by blklexo818
shut up panda, last time i checked, CF was cool in 2002 and needed on race cars, not a 4 door luxury sedan, lol..
whoa whoa whoa... not once did i go and disrespect your sht like that i know theres people that dont like the CF but no one asked you for your opinion CF has nothing to do with this thread...

the OP asked a question... we all answered from experience and MISS know it all comes in here quoting iSuxeL and I with something thats totally off the subject... do me a favor and go pick up a set of tampons at the nearest CVS....

TO THE OP! PAINT IT! GO BIG OR GO HOME! (which in easy terms for the handicapped means = Do it right the first time!)

Last edited by Robs IS250; 04-03-09 at 10:31 PM.
Old 04-03-09, 10:22 PM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

^^ haha you know I heard some girls talking today and they said CVS is having a group buy.. maybe someone can get a great deal
Old 04-03-09, 11:12 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eric_r_ho
WTF MAN. Are you guys getting backyward work or what. I had two places quote me one at 800 and the other at 750. I went with the 8 cause the receptionist chick was a hottie
HEHE. well I went to quote the vinyl and it was 230, so i figured id pay a lil more to get it painted. so i found this guy who works at a paint shop, but does work on the side (at his BACKYARD. lol) and he quoted me 200. I gave him a lil bit more because he washed my car and claned the inside. I also plan to sue him again here pretty soon.

Last edited by juice14; 04-03-09 at 11:16 PM.
Old 04-04-09, 08:08 AM
dangy
Lexus Champion

K, since when did a cars brand have anything to do w/ what you prefer to do w/ the modding? Lol honda, lexus, toyota, ferrari, end of the car its still a metal frame w/ 4 wheels. Bet you feel like a real baller driving an entry level lexus huh? Lol, trust me i'm not dumb at all, in fact, its you idiots that spend $ on cars and nothing that holds value. Lol, seems like your Lexus goto your head a bit there huh? Can't say jack about my set up, nothing but a simple h/r spring drop, wait...let me take that back, a BuddyClub N+ drop that i'll be picking up at the end of this month. Hows that for being "cheap" lol..

shut up panda, last time i checked, CF was cool in 2002 and needed on race cars, not a 4 door luxury sedan, lol..
Wow your n00b as$ is trying to disrespect 2 of ClubLexus's most respected 2IS members. GT.FO you sound like a dumbas$.
Old 04-04-09, 08:41 AM
axis77
Lead Lap

if i was to do my roof it would definately by a black shiny paint and would definately by a lexus black paint probably the same color that i could get the rain rails as well, if your going to paint your roof make sure you swap out the rain rails too....

also regarding vinyl vs paint, i have seen some nice Mercedes-Benz C350 sports that have a black roof im sure those are factory colored glossy black paint....
Old 04-04-09, 05:06 PM
MERKEDLS
Driver

K, since when did a cars brand have anything to do w/ what you prefer to do w/ the modding? Lol honda, lexus, toyota, ferrari, end of the car its still a metal frame w/ 4 wheels. Bet you feel like a real baller driving an entry level lexus huh? Lol, trust me i'm not dumb at all, in fact, its you idiots that spend $ on cars and nothing that holds value. Lol, seems like your Lexus goto your head a bit there huh? Can't say jack about my set up, nothing but a simple h/r spring drop, wait...let me take that back, a BuddyClub N+ drop that i'll be picking up at the end of this month. Hows that for being "cheap" lol..

yeah i'm with this guy;yea you feel like a real baller driving your entry level lexus....oh no wait he does too...scratch that.

and acording to his sig he painted his brakes and wheels, ballin!.....oh no wait thats cheap as f@ck not like rotora brakes(robs is) or racingharts(isuxel)....scratch that

you idiots spending money on cars that dont hold value......oh no wait he spent money on his car too......sratch that.

buddy club....sweet.....na just kidding garbage!

and carbon is wack thats why everyone is on your cars jock rob.

This guys not to intelligent apparently!
Old 04-04-09, 05:26 PM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

LMAO!! j/k its all cool to have different opinions but theres no need to take it to this level & start dissing each others rides guys... back to the subject now
Old 04-04-09, 05:29 PM
L-S-D
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah no kidding why are u guys dissin each others rides lol ... stay on topic.....

im painting my roof gloss black this weekend !
Old 04-05-09, 11:14 AM
Lexasaurus
Lexus Test Driver

So i take it there is no one peice vinyl roof?

Quick Reply: For all those with Black Top pls chime in....